Paella in Barcelona

Old August 10th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Robert Clarkson

Default Paella in Barcelona

We are going to be in Barcelona in October. Where do we find the best paella
in the Las Ramblas or Barcelonetta area? Looking forward to your
recommendations!!!

Old August 10th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Patrick Hernan

Try Les Quinze Nits in Placa Reial. The line moves quickly.

Old August 10th, 2004, 07:23 PM
GG

"Robert Clarkson" wrote in message
We are going to be in Barcelona in October. Where do we find the best

paella
in the Las Ramblas or Barcelonetta area? Looking forward to your
recommendations!!!

We really enjoyed Set Portes - www.setportes.com . Lots of charm and
atmosphere, as well as excellent food and service. Unless you are ravenous,
one order of paella easily serves two. We each had a hot starter (one
Catalan spinach and one monkfish soup), then the paella parellada. It was a
memorable dining experience.

GG

Old August 11th, 2004, 09:44 AM
The Reids

Following up to Robert Clarkson

We are going to be in Barcelona in October. Where do we find the best paella
in the Las Ramblas or Barcelonetta area? Looking forward to your
recommendations!!!

We had a good seafood one in a restaurant near the inland end in
a side street just off to the "left", south. But paella isn't of
course a Catalan dish. You can get a nice Catalan lobster stew
beyond the Ramblas on the way to Barclenoeta, in the place with
the huge lobster on the roof.
--
Mike Reid
Walking in Spain & Spanish regional cooking at

Old August 11th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Bernard T. Higonnet

Robert Clarkson wrote:

We are going to be in Barcelona in October. Where do we find the best
paella in the Las Ramblas or Barcelonetta area? Looking forward to your
recommendations!!!

Some people will laugh at this, but I went here 5 or 6 times 25 years ago
and it was terrific! Not elegant, but open to the beach and the food was
really good. My favorite was parillada del mar with salsa romesco, though
they do serve a paella.

Casa Costa Cal Pinxo (Barceloneta)

Carrer Judici , 14 - 08003 Barcelona
Tel : +(34)9 32 21 50 28
Fax : +(34)9 32 21 75 87
Reservations : +(34)9 32 21 45 13

Old August 11th, 2004, 12:29 PM
The Reids

Following up to Bernard T. Higonnet

Some people will laugh at this, but I went here 5 or 6 times 25 years ago
and it was terrific! Not elegant, but open to the beach and the food was
really good. My favorite was parillada del mar with salsa romesco, though
they do serve a paella.

Casa Costa Cal Pinxo (Barceloneta)

Will it still be there post Olympic revamp of the area?
--
Mike Reid
If god wanted us to be vegetarians he wouldn't have made animals out of meat.