Driving Fast in North Germany

Old September 1st, 2005, 10:22 AM
stangguy90

Default Driving Fast in North Germany

I am working outside of Hamburg for 3 months. I am looking for a place
to rent a car that will allow me to hit 320kph. It's going to be tough
to find such a car but maybe these places exist. I was thinking I
might have to resort to getting a bike...

Either way it will be worth the effort to be in the 200 mph club!

Also, does anyone have any must do things for north Germany?

Old September 1st, 2005, 10:44 AM
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am 1 Sep 2005 02:22:09 -0700 schrieb stangguy90:

I am working outside of Hamburg for 3 months. I am looking for a place
to rent a car that will allow me to hit 320kph. It's going to be tough
to find such a car but maybe these places exist. I was thinking I
might have to resort to getting a bike...

Try this one:
http://berlin.erento.com/mieten/fahr...s/lamborghini/

But you'll have to see which of them is in northern Germany.

Regards,

Frank
Old September 1st, 2005, 10:50 AM
Ingeborg Denner

"stangguy90" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
I am working outside of Hamburg for 3 months. I am looking for a
place
to rent a car that will allow me to hit 320kph. It's going to be
tough
to find such a car but maybe these places exist. I was thinking I
might have to resort to getting a bike...

AFAIK neither the Kawa (whatever her name) nor the Hayabusa actually
get to 320 kph [anymore]?

You will also need a good stretch of Autobahn on a day with little
traffic, preferrably weekends, because you don't want a lorry coming
at you with 240 kph relatively.

inge

Old September 1st, 2005, 12:11 PM
Tom Peel

stangguy90 wrote:

I am working outside of Hamburg for 3 months. I am looking for a place
to rent a car that will allow me to hit 320kph. It's going to be tough
to find such a car but maybe these places exist. I was thinking I
might have to resort to getting a bike...

Either way it will be worth the effort to be in the 200 mph club!

Also, does anyone have any must do things for north Germany?

Let me know when you leave the country again.

Old September 2nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:27:07 +0200 schrieb Martin:

Good medical insurance?

At the speed the OP is intending to drive you don't need that
anymore...better get a life insurance.

Regards,

Frank
Old September 2nd, 2005, 10:18 AM
Tom Peel

Frank Hucklenbroich wrote:
Am Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:27:07 +0200 schrieb Martin:

Good medical insurance?

At the speed the OP is intending to drive you don't need that
anymore...better get a life insurance.

Regards,

Frank

You can also get burial insurance

T.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 01:33 PM
Juliana L Holm

stangguy90 wrote:
I am working outside of Hamburg for 3 months. I am looking for a place
to rent a car that will allow me to hit 320kph. It's going to be tough
to find such a car but maybe these places exist. I was thinking I
might have to resort to getting a bike...

Either way it will be worth the effort to be in the 200 mph club!

Also, does anyone have any must do things for north Germany?

When exactly are you going to do this? I am in Germany for two months this
fall and will be in Northern Germany in a car in late November and early
December. Could you get this Darwin-award-winning stunt out of the way
before mid November, please?

--
Julie
**********
Old September 2nd, 2005, 02:14 PM
JohnT

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:15:38 +0200, Frank Hucklenbroich
wrote:

Am Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:27:07 +0200 schrieb Martin:

Good medical insurance?

At the speed the OP is intending to drive you don't need that
anymore...better get a life insurance.

A prepaid funeral?

Or, as Frank Windsor (ex Sgt. Watt from Z-Cars) used to say in his TV
adverts for an Insurance Company, cover to take care of those final
expenses.

JohnT

Old September 5th, 2005, 01:00 PM
stangguy90

I can't believe all the negative response! I have enough b*lls to try
and do something I really want to, and somehow I qualify for the Darwin
awards. I suppose we should give a darwin award to anyone who swims in
the ocean, you know with sharks in it and all. 200 mph is no big deal.
I hit 140 in a station wagon this weekend, 60 more mph is no problem,
especially in a car that is built for such speed. And to anyone who is
worried about being on the road when I am, I am not an idiot and don't
have a deathwish for you or myself.