German police pull drunk Delta pilot off Atlanta-bound flight

Old March 7th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Mxsmanic

Default German police pull drunk Delta pilot off Atlanta-bound flight

Bertie the Bunyip XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX writes:

you said you don't fly anyone anymore

It's not an absolute statement, but I do try to avoid travel over long
distances, and I haven't engaged in any such travel in quite a while.

Old March 7th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Mxsmanic

Bertie the Bunyip XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX writes:

what's your excuse, then?

Excuse for what? I don't drink alcohol at all.

Old March 7th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Mxsmanic

nitram writes:

because Air France has a better safety record than many others?

Better on a per-mile basis than, say, United or American?

Old March 7th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Mxsmanic

nitram writes:

I am more interested in accidents per trip than per mile.

Long trips involve greater risk than short trips, all else being equal.

The shuttle has the best safety record per mile ...

Not if you count only powered flight.

Old March 7th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Mxsmanic

nitram writes:

The main risk in aircraft occur during tale off and landings. Distance
doesn't come into it.

Operating time does.

The shuttle has the best safety record per mile ...

Not for powered flight. It's easy to achieve good safety when coasting.

Old March 8th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Tim Challenger

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:51:50 +0100, Mxsmanic wrote:

Not for powered flight. It's easy to achieve good safety when coasting.

Apparently not. Shuttle score...

Powered "flight" accidents :1
Gliding accidents :1

--
Tim C.
Old March 8th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Mxsmanic

Tim Challenger writes:

Powered "flight" accidents :1
Gliding accidents :1

That's even worse. However, by "coasting" I meant in orbit.

Old March 10th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:04:20 +0100, nitram wrote:

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:40:01 GMT, "Limey"
wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
. ..
Limey writes:

Get that from your MS manual?

No, I got that from a study of medicine.

Ooooh! "Studied" medicine now too, have we?

You missed all his post on female genitalia or what?

And he knows all about excessive levels of testosterone.

--
Tim C.