Carnival May Donate Ships!

Old August 31st, 2005, 07:29 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Carnival May Donate Ships!

Hi Everyone,

I saw this Associate Press story where Carnival is considering
providing cruise ships for emergency shelters.
http://tinyurl.com/7kjmm
If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my
web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Old August 31st, 2005, 08:13 PM
Sparky

Why are they "considering" it? The ships should be on the way w/o any delay
what so ever. This doesn't help Carnivals already not so stellar image.

Old August 31st, 2005, 08:16 PM
How B

Sparky wrote:

Why are they "considering" it? The ships should be on the way w/o any delay
what so ever. This doesn't help Carnivals already not so stellar image.

Agreed. From the article:

"Carnival Cruise Lines said Wednesday the federal government has asked
whether its cruise ships could be used as emergency shelters or help
Hurricane Katrina relief efforts in some other way."

It would have been far better if they volunteered before the government
stepped in.

How B

Old August 31st, 2005, 08:19 PM
E.k.R.

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I saw this Associate Press story where Carnival is considering
providing cruise ships for emergency shelters.
http://tinyurl.com/7kjmm
If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my
web site.

Well, Carnival was "asked" by the federal government and currently is
"determining it's feasibility". As for "donating" ... I would be
surprised. Chances are Carnival would want some kind of compensation from
the government ... now or in the future and in one form or another.

Ernie

Old August 31st, 2005, 08:38 PM
How B

Karen wrote:
Better not show the flood victims Ray's Carnival Victory review.

Karen

EEK!

LOL

How B

Old August 31st, 2005, 08:44 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article ,
"Sparky" wrote:

Why are they "considering" it? The ships should be on the way w/o any delay
what so ever. This doesn't help Carnivals already not so stellar image.

Yep, sure.

And the day they do that, this group will be inundated with complaining
how their cruise got cancelled.
Old August 31st, 2005, 08:46 PM
Sparky

"How B" wrote in message

Sparky wrote:

Why are they "considering" it? The ships should be on the way w/o any
delay what so ever. This doesn't help Carnivals already not so stellar
image.

Agreed. From the article:

"Carnival Cruise Lines said Wednesday the federal government has asked
whether its cruise ships could be used as emergency shelters or help
Hurricane Katrina relief efforts in some other way."

It would have been far better if they volunteered before the government
stepped in.

How B

Carnival as well as ANYONE who purchases a ticket on Carnival should be
ashamed of themselves. Very sad when people need help especially to this
extent and a company has to "consider" the "feasibility" of helping. Very
sad.

On another subject the looters: I think the national guard should be turned
loose on anyone that is looting jewelry stores and taking televisions and
dvd's etc. These people have absolutely no redeeming qualities to offer
society and are making the problem worse. I understand the people taking
food and supplies are for survival. The other stuff is just adding to the
problems. I heard the father of a deputy sheriff say looters are using
snipers to keep police away so they can load up on electronics and other
things. Let the national guard take them out.

Old August 31st, 2005, 08:48 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article ,
"Sparky" wrote:

"How B" wrote in message

Sparky wrote:

Why are they "considering" it? The ships should be on the way w/o any
delay what so ever. This doesn't help Carnivals already not so stellar
image.

Agreed. From the article:

"Carnival Cruise Lines said Wednesday the federal government has asked
whether its cruise ships could be used as emergency shelters or help
Hurricane Katrina relief efforts in some other way."

It would have been far better if they volunteered before the government
stepped in.

How B

Carnival as well as ANYONE who purchases a ticket on Carnival should be
ashamed of themselves. Very sad when people need help especially to this
extent and a company has to "consider" the "feasibility" of helping. Very
sad.

It would be very nice for Carnival to provide a ship or two, but they
can't just send 'em there without looking at the whole picture.

You can bet your bippy that there would be plenty of people just howling
how their vacation/honeymoon/cruise plans were ruined because the ship
they were scheduled on is involved in the relief effort. And who pays
for the airfare on those non-cancellable tickets for those scheduled on
the cruise? Yet more complaints, probably lawsuits.

In a perfect world, it wouldn't be a question, unfortunately we don't
live in that world yet.

On another subject the looters: I think the national guard should be turned
loose on anyone that is looting jewelry stores and taking televisions and
dvd's etc. These people have absolutely no redeeming qualities to offer
society and are making the problem worse. I understand the people taking
food and supplies are for survival. The other stuff is just adding to the
problems. I heard the father of a deputy sheriff say looters are using
snipers to keep police away so they can load up on electronics and other
things. Let the national guard take them out.

I agree -- shoot a few of them and advertise it, and the looting will be
reduced.
Old August 31st, 2005, 09:00 PM
How B

Lloyd Parsons wrote:
In article ,
"Sparky" wrote:

Why are they "considering" it? The ships should be on the way w/o any delay
what so ever. This doesn't help Carnivals already not so stellar image.

Yep, sure.

And the day they do that, this group will be inundated with complaining
how their cruise got cancelled.

It's a mess anyway. The Sensation is based in NOLA, who knows when the
port will be fit to use? Passengers who were scheduled to leave on the
Sensation from NOLA in the next few weeks will have to change their
travel plans by default. It won't be pretty.

How B