Help The Balinese Survive

Old May 10th, 2007, 08:04 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected][_2_]

Default Help The Balinese Survive

Balinese Driver,

Many Village community tried to survive by offering serice to the
guest who passed bay infront of them on the street along Kuta and
Ubud. " Transport Sir " that is the word they sing under the hitten
sunshine and showing rainy season. Sometime they have no passager for
a week, infact they have to pay for the parking and monthly
contribution. It was a calling to help them by giving them a job as I
am a hotelier. Some of them are friend of mind and I found them a very
humble and honest people as a Balinese. They always taken good care of
the hotel guest, they will refund of any lost founded in the car. They
have a good jeep typed car althoug I understand they bought it by a
credit from the bank. When you call me I will be pleased to ask them
to come to your hotel and they will open mind discussed about your
itinerary and some time give you an advise to make the trip more
efficient and enjoyable.

If your would like to explore the beautiful Bali island and helping
them survive you can call me at

Contact : I Wayan Semare
Mobile : +62 361 792 1600

Old May 10th, 2007, 06:39 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Frank

funny, but true: we once asked one of the dudes (unlicensed
taxi) hanging out in front of the bali hyatt in sanur, if he could
take us to seminyak at night. he looked puzzled and said he
did not know the town (which is situated a mere 20 minutes
away on the other coastline).

ever since we went for licensed cabs!

bye

frank

http://tvc15.blogs.com/

Old May 10th, 2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Oliver C. Thornton

Di dalam rec.travel.asia "Frank" menulis sebagai berikut:

Hi Frank,

funny, but true: we once asked one of the dudes (unlicensed
taxi) hanging out in front of the bali hyatt in sanur, if he could
take us to seminyak at night. he looked puzzled and said he
did not know the town (which is situated a mere 20 minutes
away on the other coastline).

Of course they know exactly where Seminyak is. By doing what you told
they check if YOU know where it is to see if it is possible to charge
you an extreme fare.

They even try to cheat you if speak fluent bahasa with them. Use Blue
Bird Taxis (Bali Taksi, tel 0361 701111) on Bali, best way to get around
and I had only one cheater in 3 yrs of more than 200 taxi rides on Bali
or have a driver who is _personally_ recommended to you by a _real_
friend.

Best,
Oliver
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:03 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected][_2_]

On May 10, 11:22 am, "Oliver C. Thornton" newson...@sunda-
islands.com wrote:
[...]

I do understand that its not easy for us believe someone which we
never meet before, That is the reason I help you who are going to go
to Bali and would like to Travel Arround Bali in recommending you a
good drive. They are my friend Made Arka and Made Suteja. Made Arka
and family live in a Sakti Village near Ubud. He is basically a farmer
and driving is his part time job just to survive. made Suteja In daily
helping his wife in a small warung sell chips, soft drinks and
Balinese food to a local village, Driving is also his part time job. I
am a hotelier work at the small hotel in their area. They frequently
called me if ther is a job?, but since the occupancy is low its very
hard to say there is no a job. And I have an idea to use this media to
help them. I dont know if there any better media or way which is free
to help them. I will be pleased to come to your hotel in Bali to help
him organising you trip and if you would like to meet my family and
their family in Ubud Bali Indonesia.

Old May 11th, 2007, 06:11 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Frank

hi oliver,

of course it must have been something like this.
our local guide told us not to use these "cabs" at
the very start, so we were just tempted one night.

we took the blue bird cabs all holiday!

bye

frank

http://tvc15.blogs.com/

Old May 13th, 2007, 03:24 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected][_2_]

On May 11, 10:11 am, "Frank" wrote:
hi oliver,

of course it must have been something like this.
our local guide told us not to use these "cabs" at
the very start, so we were just tempted one night.

we took the blue bird cabs all holiday!

bye

frank

http://tvc15.blogs.com/

For a day trip the cost using a meter cab will be 3 times more
expensive do you think so

Old May 14th, 2007, 07:30 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
pied piper

wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 11, 10:11 am, "Frank" wrote:
hi oliver,

of course it must have been something like this.
our local guide told us not to use these "cabs" at
the very start, so we were just tempted one night.

we took the blue bird cabs all holiday!

bye

frank

http://tvc15.blogs.com/

For a day trip the cost using a meter cab will be 3 times more
expensive do you think so

ok what would u charge me for airport pick up domestic terminal to jalan
drupadi seminyak?

Old May 14th, 2007, 12:54 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Oliver C. Thornton

Di dalam rec.travel.asia "pied piper" menulis sebagai berikut:

Hi pied,

ok what would u charge me for airport pick up domestic terminal to
jalan drupadi seminyak?

guess that won't be that cost effective coz his drivers come from
ubud... 1.15hrs Ubud - Airport, 25mins Airport - Jl. Drupadi (using the
new bypass), 1hrs back to ubud. So ~2:15hrs driving for a 25min
transfer.

Airport Taxi (with voucher from the taxi booth) would charge ~80.000-
100.000 Rp, Blue Bird/Bali Taksi ~40.000-50.000 Rp. Local 'Hey my friend
I can help you/need transport?'-Taxi ~50U$, after negotiation ~15-20U$
(140.000-175.000Rp) including a guaranteed rip of at next money changer
that will cost you ~30U$ in money loss.
Taxi from Ubud: Guess min. 30U$. Forget about that...

Best,
Oliver