Installing instruments and avionics in small aircraft

Old December 31st, 2007, 02:19 AM posted to rec.audio.tech, rec.travel.air, rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt, rec.aviation.owning
William Hung

Default Installing instruments and avionics in small aircraft

On Dec 30, 8:00*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote :

nobody writes:

Panel design add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator are readily
available. Installation instructions vary.

Yes, I'm using those now. *I find it amusing that it parallels similar
procedures in real life. *Only it's much less expensive, of course. *I
just replaced a KFC225 with a S-TEC 55X. *I'm not sure which one I
like better, but at least the latter is an accurate simulation,
whereas the former does involve a few compromises.

Good grief.

Bertie

Wouldn't it be funny if MX is in reality a high time well qualified
ATP and he's just playing around and seeing who really knows what in
here?

Wil
Old December 31st, 2007, 03:26 AM posted to rec.audio.tech, rec.travel.air, rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt, rec.aviation.owning
george[_2_]

On Dec 31, 3:19 pm, William Hung wrote:

Wouldn't it be funny if MX is in reality a high time well qualified
ATP and he's just playing around and seeing who really knows what in
here?

I seriously doubt it.
I showed several of his messages to some odd (they're still flying)
mates of mine.
The comments about mixedup didn't even get to the "FFS" level of
comment.

Old December 31st, 2007, 03:29 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_31_]

Heh...heh...

I thought of the same possibility a few months ago.....

We have to allow for the possibility that anyone here may be very
different in real life than our "on line" personalities...

It would not be the first time..

Great entertainment tho....

Dave

Old December 31st, 2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Maxwell

:

nobody writes:

Panel design add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator are readily
available. Installation instructions vary.

Yes, I'm using those now. I find it amusing that it parallels similar
procedures in real life. Only it's much less expensive, of course. I
just replaced a KFC225 with a S-TEC 55X. I'm not sure which one I
like better, but at least the latter is an accurate simulation,
whereas the former does involve a few compromises.

Good grief.

Bertie

Wouldn't it be funny if MX is in reality a high time well qualified
ATP and he's just playing around and seeing who really knows what in
here?

Hey William, why the sudden cross post to include the whole world?

Old December 31st, 2007, 05:35 PM posted to rec.audio.tech, rec.travel.air, rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt, rec.aviation.owning
William Hung

nobody writes:

Panel design add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator are readily
available. Installation instructions vary.

Yes, I'm using those now. I find it amusing that it parallels similar
procedures in real life. Only it's much less expensive, of course. I
just replaced a KFC225 with a S-TEC 55X. I'm not sure which one I
like better, but at least the latter is an accurate simulation,
whereas the former does involve a few compromises.

Good grief.

Bertie

Wouldn't it be funny if MX is in reality a high time well qualified
ATP and he's just playing around and seeing who really knows what in
here?

Hey William, why the sudden cross post to include the whole world?- Hide quoted text -

Don't know, I just hit 'Reply' and there it is.

Wil
Old December 31st, 2007, 07:35 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
John Mazor

Mxsmanic wrote :

nobody writes:

Panel design add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator are readily
available. Installation instructions vary.

Yes, I'm using those now. I find it amusing that it parallels similar
procedures in real life. Only it's much less expensive, of course. I
just replaced a KFC225 with a S-TEC 55X. I'm not sure which one I
like better, but at least the latter is an accurate simulation,
whereas the former does involve a few compromises.

Good grief.

Bertie

- Wouldn't it be funny if MX is in reality a high time well qualified
- ATP and he's just playing around and seeing who really knows what in here?

If he ever really did have a snowball's chance of getting an airline job, he would have
applied to become a mechanic, not a pilot.

Old December 31st, 2007, 08:01 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
John Mazor

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

.

nobody writes:

Panel design add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator are readily
available. Installation instructions vary.

Yes, I'm using those now. I find it amusing that it parallels
similar procedures in real life. Only it's much less expensive, of
course. I just replaced a KFC225 with a S-TEC 55X. I'm not sure
which one I like better, but at least the latter is an accurate
simulation, whereas the former does involve a few compromises.

Good grief.

Bertie

- Wouldn't it be funny if MX is in reality a high time well qualified
- ATP and he's just playing around and seeing who really knows what in
here?

If he ever really did have a snowball's chance of getting an airline
job, he would have applied to become a mechanic, not a pilot.

Oh yeah. I can se him elbow to elbow with our mechanics. They'd eat him for
lunch.

He's anxiously waiting for Microsoft to come out with Airline Mechanic Simulator. It
would be on the Wii so you could physically emulate the wrench turning.

Old December 31st, 2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

nobody writes:
[...]

But who would buy it for him?