Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Gunner Asch[_2_]

Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 17:13:11 +0000 (UTC), bill
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:05:57 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:31:44 +0000 (UTC), bill
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 03:47:03 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:08:02 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:14:41 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:59:42 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

US Murder rate 4.8 per hundred thousand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rat e

England & Wales murder rate 11.5 per million (1.15 per hundred
thousand)

Scotland murder rate 21.4 per million (2.14 per hundred thousand) -
the second highest in Europe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ja...owest-12-years

The occupied home burglary and assault rates in the UK are magnitudes
higher than in the US.

And a little known fact..if one removes the gang killings where gang
members kill gang members..the US falls to 1.5 per hundred thousand.

If you eliminated most of the UK murders on the basis they happened to
people who don't count, the UK rate would be lower, too.

So in the UK...the dead dont count? Fascinating world view you
hold.Cold, nasty and brutish..but typically English.

That's the sort of sophistry that gets you a smack in the mouth in most
places.

And earns a serious beating in return for that smack.

My limited experience is that a firm smack in the mouth ends almost all
fights.

Your limited experience may get you a very nasty surprise in the US.
And with me....indeed.

I'd have thought a retired police officer would know that.

Retired? No. I quit. And I used to respond to serious fights that
started with a "firm smack in the mouth" and ended with dead people

There's absolutely no evidence at all that people carried guns as a
matter of routine when no licenses were carried, indeed there's some
evidence that nobody carried guns at all outside sportsmen carrying them
to and from getting them repaired..

Laugh laugh laugh...oh of course not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham_Outrage

"By this time, all those on foot had arrived at the scene where the
motor car had crashed, and Constable Bond borrowed a small revolver from
a member of the crowd " and so forth and so on.... '

Except if you read the book 'The Battle of Stepney' by Colin Rogers with
care you'll find the guns the police borrowed were all actually inside
two gun shops and the revolver obtained had just been collected from
being repaired.

And it was being carried by a civilian, fully loaded on his person.

The Notting Hill outrage was a turning point in the British methodology
for arming the police and after that numbers of firearms were held in all
'divisional police stations' and some officers at those stations were
trained in their use.

This system was used until replaced by the current 'Armed Response Unit'
policy in 1991.

Yes indeed. We are fully aware of the Black and Tans being fully armed
as well as the police, with 303s and machine guns

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Too_Many_Tools

wrote:

[...]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Gunner Asch- Hide quoted text -

LOL...so Gummer show us proof that you were in law enforcement.

I mean with the badge...not sitting in a cell.

Laugh..laugh..laugh..

Shrug

TMT
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
bill

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:38:48 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

My limited experience is that a firm smack in the mouth ends almost all
fights.

Your limited experience may get you a very nasty surprise in the US. And
with me....indeed.

Of course, people in the USA are all supermen.

I already know that...

I'd have thought a retired police officer would know that.

Retired? No. I quit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham_Outrage

"By this time, all those on foot had arrived at the scene where the
motor car had crashed, and Constable Bond borrowed a small revolver
from a member of the crowd " and so forth and so on....

Except if you read the book 'The Battle of Stepney' by Colin Rogers with
care you'll find the guns the police borrowed were all actually inside
two gun shops and the revolver obtained had just been collected from
being repaired.

And it was being carried by a civilian, fully loaded on his person.

No, it had been taken to a shop to be repaired.

All the ammunition acquired by the police that day came from gun shops.

We don't know the identity of the person involved, thet may well have
been a serving officer in the armed forces.

And in the UK the police are considered to be civilians.

Yes indeed. We are fully aware of the Black and Tans being fully armed
as well as the police, with 303s and machine guns

All the UK police used .303 rifles until they were replaced by 7.62 mm
NATO in the 'seventies.

As far as I'm aware the Black and Tans were only issued fully automatic
weapons after they were used against them by IRA terrorists...

But you have a point and so I will modify my statement to say that

'On the UK mainland...'

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
bill

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:34:20 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 17:06:50 +0000 (UTC), bill
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 01:20:29 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

In fact..I know Brits who have stopped reporting crimes simply because
it does absolutely no good.

I don't.

Im not surprised no one wishes to discuss things with you.

Now about those machine guns in supervisors vehicles. Whatever are
they there for?

Now what's this one?

So you dont have an answer?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ne-gun-police-

set-to-patrol-British-streets-for-the-first-time.html

As far as anyone is aware there is one single police force in the UK
whoa re allowed access to fully automatic weapons, and that's the
Nuclear Police, for pretty obvious reasons.

Again, as far as is known, they've never ever used them.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ne-gun-police-

set-to-patrol-British-streets-for-the-first-time.html

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bre...e-machine-gun-

squads-for-britain/story-e6frf7jx-1225945812696

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?

option=com_content&view=article&id=6668:whoa-sean-sherk-was-ambushed-by-
machine-gun-wielding-uk-police&catid=34rganizations

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in
contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers
of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only
narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.
Gunner Asch

The Sun!

From a decade ago!

First of all any story in the Sun needs to betaken with a very large
pinch of salt, and secondly any brief look at just about any UK police
web site will tell you that the H&K weapons are not capable of fully
automatic fire.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Gunner Asch[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

From a decade ago!

First of all any story in the Sun needs to betaken with a very large
pinch of salt, and secondly any brief look at just about any UK police
web site will tell you that the H&K weapons are not capable of fully
automatic fire.

So they are simply large capacity assault weapons? So the police
themselves are lying about carrying machine guns?

Now about that loaded gun the cops borrowed from the citizen who just
happened to be in the right spot at the right time..that 1 in 1 million
(population of London) that you claimed never happened in the incident I
posted previously. And then you made a rather pathetic effort to cover
it up.

Be British laddy Boi! Be Proud of the buffoonery!!

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
bill

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:39:10 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

I'd have thought a retired police officer would know that.

Retired? No. I quit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham_Outrage

"By this time, all those on foot had arrived at the scene where the
motor car had crashed, and Constable Bond borrowed a small revolver
from a member of the crowd " and so forth and so on....

Except if you read the book 'The Battle of Stepney' by Colin Rogers
with care you'll find the guns the police borrowed were all actually
inside two gun shops and the revolver obtained had just been collected
from being repaired.

And it was being carried by a civilian, fully loaded on his person.

No, it had been taken to a shop to be repaired.

All the ammunition acquired by the police that day came from gun shops.

So they stopped the chase, went back to the gun shops, purchased or
levied ammunition, made sure it fit the weapon, then left and resumed
the chase?

No.

The weapons were in the gun shop.

The shop supplied the ammunition.

After they acquired the guns and ammunition, mainly shotguns, they
resumed the chase in a commandeered horse and cart , chasing the gunmen
who had hijacked a tram...

It all reads now like a bit of a farce but I imagine it was all dead
serious at the time with the terrorists (Described as 'anarchist gunmen
at the time but the survivors of the group seem to have all joined the
Soviets in later days and at least one became a secret police official.)
shot dead.

We don't know the identity of the person involved, thet may well have
been a serving officer in the armed forces.

And in the UK the police are considered to be civilians.

So you are sayin the cops borrowed guns from fellow cops?

That's the sort of sophistry that completely invalidates your argument.

"In December 1910, three London policemen investigating a burglary at a
Houndsditch jewelry shop were murdered by rifle fire.

Wrong.

Famously shot with 7.65mm Mauser pistols.

Seven-hundred and fifty policemen,
supplemented by a Scots Guardsman unit, besieged Sidney Street. Home
Secretary Winston Churchill arrived on the scene as the police were
firing artillery and preparing to deploy mines. Banner headlines
throughout the British Empire were already detailing the dramatic police
confrontation with the anarchist nest. Churchill, accompanied by a
police inspector and a Scots Guardsman with a hunting gun, strode up to
the door of 100 Sidney Street; the inspector kicked the door down.
Inside were the dead bodies of two anarchists."

So many mistakes.

Churchill ordered the troops deployed, no artillery was used and the
house burned to the ground and two bodies were found in the smoking
rubble.

Cut and paste propaganda snipped to preserve sanity.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
bill

wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 01:20:29 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

First of all any story in the Sun needs to betaken with a very large
pinch of salt, and secondly any brief look at just about any UK police
web site will tell you that the H&K weapons are not capable of fully
automatic fire.

So they are simply large capacity assault weapons?

Can you define 'assault weapon' for me please?

As far as I'm a ware it's a US propaganda term for 'big scary black gun'.

So the police
themselves are lying about carrying machine guns?

I very much doubt an policeman ever called these weapons 'machine guns'.

I also doubt you or I would either.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Gunner Asch[_2_]

wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 01:20:29 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

First of all any story in the Sun needs to betaken with a very large
pinch of salt, and secondly any brief look at just about any UK police
web site will tell you that the H&K weapons are not capable of fully
automatic fire.

So they are simply large capacity assault weapons?

Can you define 'assault weapon' for me please?

As far as I'm a ware it's a US propaganda term for 'big scary black gun'.

So the police
themselves are lying about carrying machine guns?

I very much doubt an policeman ever called these weapons 'machine guns'.

I also doubt you or I would either.

Odd that I keep finding countless references to the British Police
carrying machine guns...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_G36

Say...who is the Metropolitan Police Service? Is that part of the army?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropo...Police_Service

Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Gunner Asch[_2_]

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 08:44:15 +0000 (UTC), bill
wrote:

[...]

Then you can provide cites to this effect? Ive supplied cites from (4)
different sources so far and you have provided...nothing except verbage.

Trot em out.

It all reads now like a bit of a farce but I imagine it was all dead
serious at the time with the terrorists (Described as 'anarchist gunmen
at the time but the survivors of the group seem to have all joined the
Soviets in later days and at least one became a secret police official.)
shot dead.

But of course.

We don't know the identity of the person involved, thet may well have
been a serving officer in the armed forces.

And in the UK the police are considered to be civilians.

So you are sayin the cops borrowed guns from fellow cops?

That's the sort of sophistry that completely invalidates your argument.

"In December 1910, three London policemen investigating a burglary at a
Houndsditch jewelry shop were murdered by rifle fire.

Wrong.

Famously shot with 7.65mm Mauser pistols.

True enough. But one only was a 7.62 Mauser.
Care to advise what the other one was?
VBG

Seven-hundred and fifty policemen,
supplemented by a Scots Guardsman unit, besieged Sidney Street. Home
Secretary Winston Churchill arrived on the scene as the police were
firing artillery and preparing to deploy mines. Banner headlines
throughout the British Empire were already detailing the dramatic police
confrontation with the anarchist nest. Churchill, accompanied by a
police inspector and a Scots Guardsman with a hunting gun, strode up to
the door of 100 Sidney Street; the inspector kicked the door down.
Inside were the dead bodies of two anarchists."

So many mistakes.

Churchill ordered the troops deployed, no artillery was used and the
house burned to the ground and two bodies were found in the smoking
rubble.

Cut and paste propaganda snipped to preserve sanity.

Then you can provide those claimed mistakes were actually erronious and
not actually mistakes at all...but your "source" was trying to cover up
the fact that armed citizens were involved in helping the police.

Trot them out if you would be so kind.

Ill be waiting with amused interest.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
bill

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 04:39:16 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

Churchill ordered the troops deployed, no artillery was used and the
house burned to the ground and two bodies were found in the smoking
rubble.

Cut and paste propaganda snipped to preserve sanity.

Then you can provide those claimed mistakes were actually erronious and
not actually mistakes at all...but your "source" was trying to cover up
the fact that armed citizens were involved in helping the police.

Trot them out if you would be so kind.

Ill be waiting with amused interest.

I already gave it, and it's the same book that Wikipedia gives.

The Battle of Stepney, Colin Rogers

Please note that on the page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Si...detectives.jpg

There's a picture of the house on fire.