Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

Old January 20th, 2012, 06:34 PM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
RD Sandman[_2_]

Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

Shall not be infringed wrote in
:

On Jan 18, 1:41*am, "Charles Dickey" wrote:
I did some traveling lately and noted that some passengers who
were told to turn off their phones, did so, and as soon as the
stewardess passed on, they turned them right back on. *This is a
safety precaution for all, and the deliberate refusal for the
passengers to comply could have a fatal result for me.
If I kill the asshole because I fear for my life, will this be
considered an act of self defense?

Discuss.

Ummm. Probably not justified.

Damn, someone who figured it out without a lot of hoopla.

--
It's impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

William G McAdoo

Sleep well, tonight.....

RD (The Sandman)
Old January 21st, 2012, 12:33 AM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Shall not be infringed

On Jan 20, 12:34*pm, RD Sandman
wrote:
Shall not be infringed wrote :

On Jan 18, 1:41*am, "Charles Dickey" wrote:
I did some traveling lately and noted that some passengers who
were told to turn off their phones, did so, and as soon as the
stewardess passed on, they turned them right back on. *This is a
safety precaution for all, and the deliberate refusal for the
passengers to comply could have a fatal result for me.
If I kill the asshole because I fear for my life, will this be
considered an act of self defense?

Discuss.

Ummm. Probably not justified.

Damn, someone who figured it out without a lot of hoopla. *

But... what if they're actually calling the phone connected to a bad
thing in their check bag?
Old January 21st, 2012, 12:41 AM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Scout[_2_]

"Shall not be infringed" wrote in message
On Jan 20, 12:34 pm, RD Sandman
wrote:
Shall not be infringed wrote
:

On Jan 18, 1:41 am, "Charles Dickey" wrote:
I did some traveling lately and noted that some passengers who
were told to turn off their phones, did so, and as soon as the
stewardess passed on, they turned them right back on. This is a
safety precaution for all, and the deliberate refusal for the
passengers to comply could have a fatal result for me.
If I kill the asshole because I fear for my life, will this be
considered an act of self defense?

Discuss.

Ummm. Probably not justified.

Damn, someone who figured it out without a lot of hoopla.

But... what if they're actually calling the phone connected to a bad
thing in their check bag?

Good luck, since the aircraft skin and interior deck would provide a very
effective faraday shield against any sort of radio transmission. Further
cargo loaded on passenger aircraft is all pre-screened for explosives and
thus it would be hard to get such a device in place. Further assuming a
device is in place...why would you need to 'contact' it with your cell phone
anyway?
There is very little you can done from your phone that could be done
remotely via timers and various types of sensors.

Old January 21st, 2012, 12:48 AM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Shall not be infringed

wrote:
[...]

In theory. But my phone works quite well before we pull away from the
gate.

Further
cargo loaded on passenger aircraft is all pre-screened for explosives and
thus it would be hard to get such a device in place.

Inside job.

Further assuming a
device is in place...why would you need to 'contact' it with your cell phone
anyway?

That's obvious. You wish to communicate with it.

There is very little you can done from your phone that could be done
remotely via timers and various types of sensors.

Phone works, too.
Old January 21st, 2012, 12:53 AM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Scout[_2_]

"Shall not be infringed" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

Yep, but I bet you're not sitting in the cargo deck.

There is a minor difference between the cargo deck and the passenger deck.
Specifically windows.

Further
cargo loaded on passenger aircraft is all pre-screened for explosives and
thus it would be hard to get such a device in place.

Inside job.

Doesn't matter, you still would have to get such a device through multiple
levels of security, and so on.

Further, if such a device could be planted, then wouldn't that be the person
you would want to shoot.....not some idiot on a cell phone?

Further assuming a
device is in place...why would you need to 'contact' it with your cell
phone
anyway?

That's obvious. You wish to communicate with it.

To do what? Make it blow up? That's about the only communication you would
need and as said that could be handled by the device itself given timers and
a few sensors.

There is very little you can done from your phone that could be done
remotely via timers and various types of sensors.

Phone works, too.

Not into a cargo hold it doesn't.

Old January 21st, 2012, 01:01 AM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Shall not be infringed

wrote:
[...]

Good point.

Further
cargo loaded on passenger aircraft is all pre-screened for explosives and
thus it would be hard to get such a device in place.

Inside job.

Doesn't matter, you still would have to get such a device through multiple
levels of security, and so on.

Further, if such a device could be planted, then wouldn't that be the person
you would want to shoot.....not some idiot on a cell phone?

Well of course, but the guy on the phone for GP.

Further assuming a
device is in place...why would you need to 'contact' it with your cell
phone
anyway?

That's obvious. *You wish to communicate with it.

To do what? Make it blow up? That's about the only communication you would
need and as said that could be handled by the device itself given timers and
a few sensors.

There is very little you can done from your phone that could be done
remotely via timers and various types of sensors.

Phone works, too.

Not into a cargo hold it doesn't.

I don't know. Haven't been in the belly of a plane since the AF, and
I didn't have a cell phone then.
Old January 21st, 2012, 04:28 AM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected]

On Jan 20, 6:53*pm, "Scout"
wrote:

Phone works, too.

Not into a cargo hold it doesn't.

Mil Handbook 419A covers grounding , bonding , and shielding pretty
well. Read the chapter on screen rooms before making statements that
cell phones will not work in a cargo hole. To keep out rf signals
takes a lot of work.

Dan
Old January 21st, 2012, 05:25 AM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Scout[_2_]

wrote in message
On Jan 20, 6:53 pm, "Scout"
wrote:

Phone works, too.

Not into a cargo hold it doesn't.

Mil Handbook 419A covers grounding , bonding , and shielding pretty
well. Read the chapter on screen rooms before making statements that
cell phones will not work in a cargo hole. To keep out rf signals
takes a lot of work.

Yep, and that has pretty much been accomplished in the cargo hold. Because,
they bond all the metal together in an aircraft to avoid picking up static
charges. most is automatic in construction but where you have something like
a gasketed door or shock mount....it comes with it's own bonding wire to
insure that it's electrically grounded (ie bonded) to the rest of the
aircraft.

So, like I said, good luck getting a cell signal into the cargo hold once
all the access doors are secured.

Old January 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Gunner Asch[_2_]

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:01:31 -0800 (PST), Shall not be infringed
wrote:

Phone works, too.

Not into a cargo hold it doesn't.

I don't know. Haven't been in the belly of a plane since the AF, and
I didn't have a cell phone then.

It would be simpler to use the remote keyfob on your car keys than it
would be to use a cell phone..and with less folderall.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Old January 21st, 2012, 04:01 PM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Shall not be infringed

wrote:

Phone works, too.

Not into a cargo hold it doesn't.

I don't know. *Haven't been in the belly of a plane since the AF, and
I didn't have a cell phone then.

It would be simpler to use the remote keyfob on your car keys than it
would be to use a cell phone..and with less folderall.

I would probably press the wrong button and the horn would start
honking.