flight attendant

Old December 25th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Michele Green

Default flight attendant

Are there any flight attendant that are male or is it just for women.

Old December 25th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Eric Toline

flight attendant

Group: rec.travel.air Date: Thu, Dec 25, 2003, 12:20pm From:
(Michele=A0Green)

Are there any flight attendants that are male

Yes

or is it just for women.

No

Old December 25th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Ethan Hall-Beyer

Are there any flight attendant that are male or is it just for women.

Air Canada seems to have about a 70%/30% female to male split in flight
service crew.

AC appears to hire beyond the typical "young, good looking female" pool
for their cabin crew as well. Not that they're ugly or anything, but
there's certainly a contrast between AC and, say, Swiss and Singapore
Airlines.

Air Canada also tends to have a lot more middle-aged FAs these days, but
that's probably a symptom of union seniority policies and recent
cutbacks at the airline.

(For me, AC service has been just as good as any other airline despite
this.)

Only twice have I flown where a member of the flight deck was female,
though. I wonder how infrequent that is...
Old December 25th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Mike O'sullivan

"Michele Green" wrote in message
Are there any flight attendant that are male, or is it just for women.

No there's a very gay crowd on British Airways!

Old December 25th, 2003, 09:04 PM
None

"Mike O'sullivan" wrote in message

"Michele Green" wrote in message
Are there any flight attendant that are male, or is it just for women.

No there's a very gay crowd on British Airways!

And what does that have to do with the question? All male flight attendants
must be gay but all female flight attendants are not lesbians?

You were raised by bigots, weren't you.

Old December 25th, 2003, 09:21 PM
mrraveltay

None wrote:

"Mike O'sullivan" wrote in message

"Michele Green" wrote in message

Are there any flight attendant that are male, or is it just for women.

No there's a very gay crowd on British Airways!

And what does that have to do with the question? All male flight attendants
must be gay but all female flight attendants are not lesbians?

You were raised by bigots, weren't you.

Why blame his parents?
It is possible to develop such thoughts without parental involvement.

Old December 25th, 2003, 09:33 PM
None

"mrraveltay" wrote in message
m...
None wrote:

"Mike O'sullivan" wrote in message

"Michele Green" wrote in message

Are there any flight attendant that are male, or is it just for women.

No there's a very gay crowd on British Airways!

And what does that have to do with the question? All male flight

attendants
must be gay but all female flight attendants are not lesbians?

You were raised by bigots, weren't you.

Why blame his parents?
It is possible to develop such thoughts without parental involvement.

Absolutely not. Parents either encourage the behavior, or ignore it and
allow it to fester. Either way, they are to blame for the way their spawn
turn out.

Old December 26th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Deirdre Saoirse Moen

In article ,
(Michele Green) wrote:

Are there any flight attendant that are male or is it just for women.

I guess you don't fly much. On most of the flights I've taken, there's at
least one male flight attendant.

--
_Deirdre
http://deirdre.net
Old December 26th, 2003, 11:15 PM
bloglo globulo

air canada has mostly middle aged female with strange hairdo. actually,
I've seen more "Cruella" of 101 dalmatians kind of hair upon AC crew than
any other place on earth. very strange...

bloglo

in asia it's mostly nice
ble.rogers.com...

Old December 27th, 2003, 08:06 AM
Miguel Cruz

Michele Green wrote:
Are there any flight attendant that are male or is it just for women.

I'm pretty sure I've never been on a flight that had all female flight
attendants.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/