Is E-ticket okay for International travel?

Old March 19th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Gregory Morrow

Default Is E-ticket okay for International travel?

(maryanne kehoe) wrote

When I purchased a ticket for HB from MAN-ATL-MAN,

"HB" is Malitas Airlines (per this site):

http://www.wajb.freeserve.co.uk/codes.htm

Is Malitas a new entrant on the MAN - ATL route?

--
Best
Greg
Old March 19th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Pete

While they are o.k. in general, there are occasional hiccups especially
if 1) computers are down (never experienced this) or 2) codeshare
partners don't get all the info or 3) codeshare partner agents are
improperly trained

Yes, this is true. Last year I traveled to Europe on NW/KLM. I was
ticketed through NW. When checking in at Vienna, KLM said there
was a problem with my ticket. They disappeared to an office for 20
minutes or so. I can only imagine they were calling NW to verify that
I was a ticketed passenger. In this case, paper tickets probably would
have been better.

Pete

Old March 19th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Gregory Morrow

(maryanne kehoe) wrote:

I wish we would be given a choice (even if we had to pay extra to get a
paper ticket.)

From
www.aa.com:

Q: Can I still receive paper tickets if I am eligible for electronic
ticketing?
A: As part of our initiative to streamline your airport experience
and reduce costs we will offer paper tickets only if your reservation
does not qualify for an electronic ticket. If your reservation is
eligible for electronic ticketing and you elect to receive a paper
ticket issued through Reservations, ticket office personnel or travel
agencies, a fee will apply.

From www.united.com:

Note regarding paper tickets:

Beginning August 1, 2002, United will charge $20 for
customer-requested paper tickets issued in the United States, Puerto
Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands for e-ticket eligible itineraries.
The fee will apply per printing transaction, either at the time of
original ticket issuance by United or upon request to convert existing
electronic tickets to paper. The charge applies to tickets for all
classes of service."

/

--
Best
Greg

Is E-ticket okay for International travel?

Group: rec.travel.air Date: Thu, Mar 18, 2004, 3:05am (EST+5) From:
(Tim Kroesen)
My American Airlines tickets to Europe and back are eTickets... I was
never even given a choice by the agency that arranged them in December
03.
Tim K
"randee" wrote in message
In our experience both United and American are still issuing paper
tickets for flights to Europe. I must admit though, those are the only
cases in which I have had paper tickets issued.

Old March 19th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Lennart Petersen

"Giovanni Drogo" skrev i meddelandet
About e-tickets I've never used them, and I doubt my administration will
accept them in case of business trips (they will need some piece of
paper as proof of the trip).

I've always been provided a printed receipt for my e-tickets booked on
regular IATA airlines and furthermore I've the boarding cards as proof of
the trip.
No such receipts from Ryanair but the credit card account may be proof
enough that I've made a trip.

I'd say I'd also feel safer with a printed
piece of paper to show (and I've never lost a plane or train ticket in
my life).

Haven't lost either ever but nevertheless I think the e-ticket is a good
thing as you don't have to worry about the ticket.

Old March 20th, 2004, 01:11 AM
mtravelkay

maryanne kehoe wrote:

Top posting--can't be done from WebTV.

Where are you top posting from?

Old March 20th, 2004, 04:25 AM
maryanne kehoe

I'm not--Greg is accusing me of top-posting!

Is E-ticket okay for International travel?

Group: rec.travel.air Date: Sat, Mar 20, 2004, 1:11am (EST+5) From:
(mtravelkay)

Old March 20th, 2004, 06:36 AM
mtravelkay

maryanne kehoe wrote:

I'm not--Greg is accusing me of top-posting!

Maryanne,

Your post is showing up on top of the post you are quoting.

When you look at your posts, do you not see your text above the text of
the person you are quoting?

Old March 20th, 2004, 09:59 AM
mtravelkay

(Maryanne... if I post here, I am top-postiny)

Hilary wrote:
I'm not--Greg is accusing me of top-posting!

You are top-posting.

Hilary

(Maryanne... If I post here, I am bottom-posting)

I don't think Maryanne knows what top-posting means.

Old March 20th, 2004, 11:18 PM
maryanne kehoe

Top or bottom--whatever!

Is E-ticket okay for International travel?

Group: rec.travel.air Date: Sat, Mar 20, 2004, 9:59am (EST+5) From: