Camping and Thieves

Old January 26th, 2008, 03:26 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
blacklight

Default Camping and Thieves

During the Australian winter we are in the wilderness to produce
content for our website. No worries in the middle of nowhere - the car
is safe. But it's different on camping grounds, especially at popular
tourist spots. A clever thief seeing me heading for track with a sign
saying '4 hours return' can go through my car with leisure. He can
take thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment. What to do? I
asked police about the best car alarm. Answer: for a professional
thief - there is none.
Before I leave the car now, I decorate it with dirty underpants,
snotty handkerchieves, lots of socks with holes in them. I make the
car look like a revolting cartoon.
So far, I have been lucky. It seems to work. Thieves want your
belongings, not you dirt.
Greetings - Klaus and Rusty
www.rent-a-cloud.com
Free Nature Cards.