Thieves and Pick-Pockets

Old May 20th, 2010, 10:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Thieves and Pick-Pockets

My husband wears a money belt under his shirt,arund his waist,and only
keeps a few dollars in his side pocket in case we want a cold drink,and
always keeps his hand in his pocket.I wear a thing called a bosom buddy
under my blouse,and only take what i deem is necessary.Have never had
any problems in any of the places we have visited.
On one cruise to rome,the cruise director had his things stolen right
out side the vatican,and never noticed it until he returned to the ship.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old May 20th, 2010, 11:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia R.

Surfer E2468 wrote:
My husband wears a money belt under his shirt,arund his waist,and only
keeps a few dollars in his side pocket in case we want a cold drink,and
always keeps his hand in his pocket.I wear a thing called a bosom buddy
under my blouse,and only take what i deem is necessary.Have never had
any problems in any of the places we have visited.
On one cruise to rome,the cruise director had his things stolen right
out side the vatican,and never noticed it until he returned to the ship.

I went to Rome many years ago, and one lady on our tour had her pocket picked on the bus.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

Old May 21st, 2010, 01:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 5/20/2010 5:11 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
My husband wears a money belt under his shirt,arund his waist,and only
keeps a few dollars in his side pocket in case we want a cold drink,and
always keeps his hand in his pocket.I wear a thing called a bosom buddy
under my blouse,and only take what i deem is necessary.Have never had
any problems in any of the places we have visited.
On one cruise to rome,the cruise director had his things stolen right
out side the vatican,and never noticed it until he returned to the ship.

When we went to Europe last year (and specifically Barcelona where we
were before our cruise, which is famous for their pick-pockets), I
bought these for each of us:

http://www.amazon.com/Lewis-N-Clark-.../dp/B0001ZU9C8

After Barcelona I was the only one to use it but I kept my money and
passport in there and wore it under my shirt all the time. It was pretty
comfortable and much better than worrying about someone putting their
hand in my pocket.

Bill
Old May 21st, 2010, 06:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Thu, 20 May 2010 20:21:02 -0400, Bill wrote:

When we went to Europe last year (and specifically Barcelona where we
were before our cruise, which is famous for their pick-pockets), I
bought these for each of us:

http://www.amazon.com/Lewis-N-Clark-.../dp/B0001ZU9C8

After Barcelona I was the only one to use it but I kept my money and
passport in there and wore it under my shirt all the time. It was pretty
comfortable and much better than worrying about someone putting their
hand in my pocket.

I used a very similar item in Barcelona and on the western med cruise
last year. And I'm still using it - it turns out to be much more
convenient for everyday use than an old-fashioned wallet, at least now
when the weather is cool enough to wear a jacket with a big inside
pocket.
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Thu, 20 May 2010 22:12:35 -0700, Jack Hamilton wrote:

On Thu, 20 May 2010 20:21:02 -0400, Bill wrote:

When we went to Europe last year (and specifically Barcelona where we
were before our cruise, which is famous for their pick-pockets), I
bought these for each of us:

http://www.amazon.com/Lewis-N-Clark-.../dp/B0001ZU9C8

After Barcelona I was the only one to use it but I kept my money and
passport in there and wore it under my shirt all the time. It was pretty
comfortable and much better than worrying about someone putting their
hand in my pocket.

They tell you that a thief will grab the strap behind your neck and
get it that way - the same as a bum bag - they will slash the strap
that goes around your waist.

I've usually got that neck pocketbook, a camera or two and a hat with
a chin strap and sometimes a thing to keep my glasses on, and when I
came back through security on the ship when they want me to take off
my hat and put my camera through the scanner separate, the straps all
get tangled up and I end up almost strangled..

I used a very similar item in Barcelona and on the western med cruise
last year. And I'm still using it - it turns out to be much more
convenient for everyday use than an old-fashioned wallet, at least now
when the weather is cool enough to wear a jacket with a big inside
pocket.

My husband takes most of his cash in a belt wallet that is inside his
clothing when he travels. It is the equivalent of the bosom buddy
that Annie mentioned which I have.

He always (not just when traveling) has his regular wallet wrapped in
rubber bands which makes it hard to get out of his pocket (even for
him - it is such a hassle that if he is driving and we have to pay a
toll, he can't get his wallet out and I have to find the money to pay)
..