Ground transport from SNA (Orange County Airport) to Disney-area hotels?

Old November 13th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Traveler Google

Default Ground transport from SNA (Orange County Airport) to Disney-area hotels?

SuperShuttle says $10.75 per person. Are there any cheaper/better
options? I've taken SuperShuttle from LAX and it was fine, but perhaps
there are other options out of SNA.

Traveler
Old November 13th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Bootstrap Bill

"Traveler Google" wrote in message
om...
SuperShuttle says $10.75 per person. Are there any cheaper/better
options? I've taken SuperShuttle from LAX and it was fine, but perhaps
there are other options out of SNA.

Traveler

OCTA (local Orange County bus company) has day passes for $2.50. I wouldn't
recommend it if you have a lot of luggage.

(714) 636-7433 for more information.

Old November 13th, 2003, 08:07 PM
DALing

not cheaper for 2, maybe cheaper for 4 or 6 (rental car)

alternative would be to try public trans but it won't support your timne
schedule

Old November 13th, 2003, 08:44 PM
GJC

According to one of the drivers I spoke with last time through it's the same
rate regardless of what carrier you use. The companys have a contract with
the airport and agree to a set fee.

Old November 13th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Miles

Traveler Google wrote:
SuperShuttle says $10.75 per person. Are there any cheaper/better
options? I've taken SuperShuttle from LAX and it was fine, but perhaps
there are other options out of SNA.

Last weekend we rented a car from Alamo for $34 total for 2 days. It
allowed us to drive up to knotts for sunday brunch and run a few errands
as well. No waiting around for a shuttle or bus. Much better way to go
for us.

Old November 13th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Miles

DALing wrote:

not cheaper for 2, maybe cheaper for 4 or 6 (rental car)

For us it was cheaper to rent a car. $34 for 2 days. Super shuttle
would have been over $40 RT for 2 and is a pain in the butt.

Old November 13th, 2003, 11:56 PM
mrtravel

Miles wrote:

DALing wrote:

not cheaper for 2, maybe cheaper for 4 or 6 (rental car)

For us it was cheaper to rent a car. $34 for 2 days. Super shuttle
would have been over $40 RT for 2 and is a pain in the butt.

Plus rental cars are in the airport parking garage.

Old November 14th, 2003, 07:24 AM
Disney Dreamer

"Traveler Google" wrote in message
om...
SuperShuttle says $10.75 per person. Are there any cheaper/better
options? I've taken SuperShuttle from LAX and it was fine, but perhaps
there are other options out of SNA.

Traveler

We walk right up to one of the 8 passenger vans and jump in, this time it
was Yellow but they all cost about the same. The meter starts at 2.75 and
usually is right around 30 bucks when we get to the Disneyland Hotel or
Grand Cal. This trans is not the cheapest but we get a personal ride to the
doorstep of the chosen motel without delay, having to walk to a bus stop
with luggage or stopping at every 2 bit dive on the way. When we return we
call ahead about 1 full day and another van is waiting to take us back to JW
SNA right to the airline of our choice. There are 5 of us so even though not
the cheapest it is not unreasonable.

șoș
DD

Old November 14th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Traveler Google

Thanks for your responses everyone.
I should have asked for transport from a Disney-area hotel to SNA,
rather than the reverse, because I have an SEA-SAN (outbound) SNA-SEA
(return) ticket, but I think all the answers are more or less
applicable.

I'll go with SuperShuttle when we leave on January 1 unless the bus is
immediately obvious and easy outside our hotel (Coast Anaheim).

Traveler