Guess which country is the most unfriendly to visitors?

Old November 21st, 2006, 04:31 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
GeekBoy

Default Guess which Hispanic racist most unfriendly to Americans?

"Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am

I would agree with that.

More reasons to be anti-immigrant.

Old November 21st, 2006, 04:33 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Ramon F Herrera[_1_]

Default Guess which country is the most unfriendly to visitors?

Padraig Breathnach wrote:
"Ramon F Herrera" wrote:

Padraig Breathnach wrote:
"Ramon F Herrera" wrote:

tourists and businessmen avoid USA travel.

And what has this got to do with rec.travel.europe?

They call it the "web" because it is interconnected in more ways than
obvious.

Often by people that we describe in Ireland as "messers".

Travel is travel.

At the risk of stating the obvious (as you have already done) Europe
is Europe.

Yes, and the Europe travelers (either because they live there, or
because they are Europe-bound) should be concerned about international
travel abuses, so they can plan accordingly.

There's plenty of alternate Usenet hierarchies. France for instance,
has fr.* Don't know whether there is a europe.* though.

If I hadn't posted in .europe, we wouldn't have read this very
interesting post by Mike:

However, as Ramon says, travel is travel. People travel from Europe as
well as to it. Personally, i would sooner travel to hell than to the USA.

Maybe somebody from the Dept. of Commerce is reading and paying
attention to us posters. The one trait I have found most admirable in
the USA is their capacity for self-criticism and the fact that they
actually fix things which are not working well.

-Ramon

Old November 21st, 2006, 04:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bert Hyman

In Earl Evleth
wrote:

The advantage of an EU passport is its universality,
that it does not hinder the flow of people within the EU.

Not unlike traveling state to state within the US, I suppose.

We don't even need an internal passport; not yet, anyway.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old November 21st, 2006, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

Following up to Earl Evleth :

The current rush to biometric passports and visa fine combing
represents one of the great victories of terrorists over the
rest of us. Tying us in knots is one of their goals.

Spot on.
Shrub is still fighting this war on terrorism, but he hasn't realised that
he's already lost it.
--
Tim C.
Old November 21st, 2006, 04:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

Following up to Bert Hyman :

In Earl Evleth
wrote:

The advantage of an EU passport is its universality,
that it does not hinder the flow of people within the EU.

Not unlike traveling state to state within the US, I suppose.

We don't even need an internal passport; not yet, anyway.

Citizens of EU countries don't need "internal passports" either.
--
Tim C.
Old November 21st, 2006, 04:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Earl Evleth[_1_]

On 21/11/06 16:35, in article ,
"Bert Hyman" wrote:

In Earl Evleth
wrote:

The advantage of an EU passport is its universality,
that it does not hinder the flow of people within the EU.

Not unlike traveling state to state within the US, I suppose.

We don't even need an internal passport; not yet, anyway.

You can air travel in the EU on one's ID card. Traveling by car
via the autoroute will not involve a check but as in the US
(where you have to have a photo-ID) flying is different.

The ID situation in the US is chaotic. For instance, if you are
visiting a prison, they will want your ID. What ID? Driver's license
of course. So that document ends up being an ID card. Some
places want two picture Ids. Visiting one prison the personal
insisted on a driver's license, a passport would not do.
I don't have a US driver's license so showed them my French
driver's license. That seemed to satisfy the person in
question although he could not understand what the document
said!
`
Since I hold but US and French citizenships and sometimes pull
everything out, two passports and a French driver's license.
There is no such thing as not enough identity!

Old November 21st, 2006, 04:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

Following up to Martin :

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:37:29 +0100, Tim C. wrote:

Following up to Earl Evleth :

The current rush to biometric passports and visa fine combing
represents one of the great victories of terrorists over the
rest of us. Tying us in knots is one of their goals.

Spot on.
Shrub is still fighting this war on terrorism, but he hasn't realised that
he's already lost it.

but Kissinger told him a few days ago.
The old man suddenly recalled the end of the Vietnam story.

It seems to me that those who once held high office are often better in
touch with reality than those in office now.

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no
account be allowed to do the job"
--
Tim C.
Old November 21st, 2006, 05:10 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Ramon F Herrera wrote:
SwampMidget wrote:
That's a shame. We should be more welcoming to guests of our country.
I think the first thing we should do is expel the illegal immigrants so
we have greater resources for the legal welcomed guests and there'd be
reduced crime.

The most fundamental resource, the most valuable, the most scarce
resource is the human resource.

The USA is running out of white people. It has always needed outside
blood (first the african slaves, now the mexicans who are quasi-slaves)
in order to grow and keep its standard of living.

-Ramon

The U.S. is running out of white people? Please provide proof of
this. If you mean they are becoming the minority in this country due
to illegal immigration and the high birth rate of Hispanics, then I
agree with you. So stop the influx of Hispanics into this country and
we won't be running out of white people then. I know we can expect
your full cooperation on this matter. Thank you for caring.

As far as our population overall, we have 300 million people in this
country now and that number is expected to double in the not too
distant future. So we are not running out of people thats for sure.

Old November 21st, 2006, 05:24 PM posted to alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Ramon F Herrera[_1_]

wrote:
Ramon F Herrera wrote:
SwampMidget wrote:
That's a shame. We should be more welcoming to guests of our country.
I think the first thing we should do is expel the illegal immigrants so
we have greater resources for the legal welcomed guests and there'd be
reduced crime.

The most fundamental resource, the most valuable, the most scarce
resource is the human resource.

The USA is running out of white people. It has always needed outside
blood (first the african slaves, now the mexicans who are quasi-slaves)
in order to grow and keep its standard of living.

-Ramon

The U.S. is running out of white people? Please provide proof of

this.

I can provide from 11 to 12 million proofs. If they weren't needed,
they wouldn't be here. That's the way the invisible hand of the economy
works. That's the reason for the USA -as a country- has looked the
other way all these years.

We are near a status that economists call full-employment where the
bottle neck, the ability of a country to grow is bound by lack of
labor. For every aborted white baby, a mexican jumps the fence. The
invisible hand is almost perfect.

Having said that...

No, I am not for the current status to continue forever. There are too
many people from the same country. We need a high tech border. But the
ones who made it, work hard, pay old taxes + penalties, and learn
English, etc, are here to stay.

-Ramon