thailand and tsunami affected areas?

Old December 7th, 2005, 03:22 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Default thailand and tsunami affected areas?

Hi

I'm going to be in thailand from mid-march until end of april. I have
no real iteneary planned yet, but was wondering how the tsunami
affected areas are doing as far as rebuilding? I figure travel to these
areas would be advantageous to both me and the locals, in that it would
be likely cheap for me (assuming they're desperate for tourist $$) and
would be in some small part helping the people of that area by bringing
tourism there..Anyways,any reccommendations/info are greatly
appreciated.

Old December 7th, 2005, 04:33 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

"Philip Allum" kirjoitti
.. .

Krabi - I don't know but imagine it will be pretty much like Phuket.

At least in Ao Nang last June I didn't recognize any visible damage. It was
very quiet a spot then (I guess it is usual at that time of year).

Old December 13th, 2005, 11:38 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Yeah, most everything is back to normal by now. Here at Railay, a few
of the bars ended up a few hundred yards up or down the beach, but most
are back up and running. You can tell they even did a good job of
sorting out chairs and tables amongst them. Tina's still has the same
red plastic chairs and bad wood tables. It now standing where that
cheesy Thai boxing bar used to be.

Jason Kester
---
Get your own Travel Blog, with itinerary maps and photos!
http://www.blogabond.com/