How to get to Jasper from Los Angeles by plane or train???????? SkeenaTrain?

Old February 3rd, 2007, 05:24 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Bob Barnett

Default How to get to Jasper from Los Angeles by plane or train???????? SkeenaTrain?

We're flying. Are there flights into Jasper, or do we have to take the
train from Edmonton?

Any hotel recommendations next to Edmonton and Jasper train stations.

We're taking the Skeena train-so any recs for Prince George or Prince
Rupert.

Old February 3rd, 2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default How to get to Jasper from Los Angeles by plane or train???????? Skeena

In article ,

*From:* Bob Barnett
*Date:* Sat, 03 Feb 2007 09:24:23 -0800

We're flying. Are there flights into Jasper

No - you'll have to fly into Edmonton or Calgary.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Keith Willshaw[_2_]

"Bob Barnett" wrote in message
We're flying. Are there flights into Jasper, or do we have to take the
train from Edmonton?

There are no direct flights but there are connecting flights from Edmonton
and Calgary to Jasper/Hinton airport

http://peaceair.net/

Keith

Old February 3rd, 2007, 07:41 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
No One In Particular

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 09:24:23 -0800, Bob Barnett
wrote:

We're flying. Are there flights into Jasper, or do we have to take the
train from Edmonton?

Any hotel recommendations next to Edmonton and Jasper train stations.

We're taking the Skeena train-so any recs for Prince George or Prince
Rupert.

The Skeena Train departs from Jasper AB -
http://www.viarail.ca/trains/en_trai_roch_japr.html
details here

You need to get from Edmonton to Jasper -
http://www.viarail.ca/trains/en_trai...jasper_express
detalis by train here
other alternatives: bus - Greyhound - http://www.greyhound.ca/en/
about a four hour trip - no reservations required
A rental may also be a consideration for you - Edmonton to Jasper (4.5
hours driving time) is a very nice drive, for that matter, Edmonton to
Prince George is as well ((8 hours driving time - can be tricky in
winter) - consider drop-off charges though...

Accommodation overnight in Jasper - Several hotels close to train
station (Jasper is very small)... - Jasper is a busy tourist town -
book early

Accommodation in Edmonton - several hotels close to Train Station -
again, book early.
Ramada Inn is very close to train station -
http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control...2&brandInfo=RA

Accommodation overninght in Prince George - several hotels near train
station
I don't know much about PG accommodations.

If flying into Edmonton, the international airport is 1/2 hour south
of the city - you will need to cab it. or take a Airporter Shuttle Bus
- they do drop off at several hotels in Edmonton

You may also want to consider train from Vancouver BC to Jasper AB -
info on ViaRail.ca site - it's a gorgeous trip if you can catch the
spectacular mountains by daylight.

HF Schreiner
Old February 4th, 2007, 03:18 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
OcDiver

You need to get from Edmonton to Jasper -http://www.viarail.ca/trains/en_trai_snow.html#jasper_express

Ramada Inn is very close to train station -http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId...

Accommodation overninght in Prince George - several hotels near train
station
I don't know much about PG accommodations.

If flying into Edmonton, the international airport is 1/2 hour south
of the city - you will need to cab it. or take a Airporter Shuttle Bus
- they do drop off at several hotels in Edmonton

You may also want to consider train from Vancouver BC to Jasper AB -
info on ViaRail.ca site - it's a gorgeous trip if you can catch the
spectacular mountains by daylight.

HF Schreiner

You can fly Vancouver to Prince Rupert, if your budget can handle this
take the train from Prince Rupert to Jasper through the coast
mountains along the Skeena. This trip is very beautiful, even in the
winter (make sure is daylight hours at least as far as Smithers). For
a real adventure, take a bus to Victoria, then up Vancouver Island to
Port Hardy, BC Ferries route to Prince Rupert.

Prince Rupert's hotels worth staying at are the Anchor (close to the
ferry terminals - to/from Alaska and Port Hardy) and the Crest.
Prince Rupert is a worldy frontier city, with the commercial shipping,
logging and fishing industries influencing the services.

Old February 4th, 2007, 11:50 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Icono Clast

Bob Barnett wrote:
We're taking the Skeena train-so any recs for Prince George or
Prince Rupert.

I don't know where the train runs, but driving the road alongside the
river was one of the most breath-taking rides of m'life. Don't blink!

A San Franciscan who's visited 49 of 50 US states.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ --- http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 ------- IClast at Gmail com