Security of a camera whilst travelling abroad.

Old July 29th, 2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
DAVE PRICE

Default Security of a camera whilst travelling abroad.

Security of a camera whilst travelling abroad.

Hi all

This may be slightly 'Off topic'

I'm thinking of visiting either Prague, Budapest or Krakow this January. I
have visited both Prague and Budapest this year using my Canon A85

The A85 was easily slipped into my pocket when on the trams metro etc. I
now have a Canon EOS 350D a much more expensive camera and far too large for
my pocket.

My question is:- how do others secure their camera so that it's not
snatched when travelling to places away from home. Especially when the
camera is mounted on a tripod.

Regards Dave

Bristol UK

http://djmp.co.uk/bvp/

http://djmp.co.uk/slr%201/

Posted to

rec.travel.Europe

and uk.rec.photo.misc

Old July 29th, 2006, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan[_1_]

"DAVE PRICE" wrote in message
Security of a camera whilst travelling abroad.

Hi all

This may be slightly 'Off topic'

I'm thinking of visiting either Prague, Budapest or Krakow this January.
I have visited both Prague and Budapest this year using my Canon A85

The A85 was easily slipped into my pocket when on the trams metro etc.
I now have a Canon EOS 350D a much more expensive camera and far too large
for my pocket.

My question is:- how do others secure their camera so that it's not
snatched when travelling to places away from home. Especially when the
camera is mounted on a tripod.

Regards Dave

Bristol UK

http://djmp.co.uk/bvp/

http://djmp.co.uk/slr%201/

Posted to

rec.travel.Europe

and uk.rec.photo.misc

take a BIG stick or knuckleduster with you that should keep your camera
secure

Old July 29th, 2006, 07:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Leffe

DAVE PRICE wrote:
Security of a camera whilst travelling abroad.

Hi all

This may be slightly 'Off topic'

I'm thinking of visiting either Prague, Budapest or Krakow this January. I
have visited both Prague and Budapest this year using my Canon A85

The A85 was easily slipped into my pocket when on the trams metro etc. I
now have a Canon EOS 350D a much more expensive camera and far too large for
my pocket.

My question is:- how do others secure their camera so that it's not
snatched when travelling to places away from home. Especially when the
camera is mounted on a tripod.

Regards Dave

Bristol UK

how fast can you run 100m ??

Old July 29th, 2006, 09:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Richard J.

DAVE PRICE wrote:
Security of a camera whilst travelling abroad.

Hi all

This may be slightly 'Off topic'

I'm thinking of visiting either Prague, Budapest or Krakow this
January. I have visited both Prague and Budapest this year using
my Canon A85
The A85 was easily slipped into my pocket when on the trams metro
etc. I now have a Canon EOS 350D a much more expensive camera
and far too large for my pocket.

My question is:- how do others secure their camera so that it's not
snatched when travelling to places away from home. Especially when
the camera is mounted on a tripod.

Having it mounted on a tripod probably makes it more difficult to
snatch, but some transport authorities may object to having
tripod-mounted cameras on stations and trains. The ban in London for
example, and I think also Paris, is on taking photos with a
tripod-mounted camera without permission, but some staff may object to
you carrying one, on the grounds that you appear to be likely to use it.
--
Richard J.
(to e-mail me, change 'ten' to 'net' in address)

Old July 29th, 2006, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

I'm thinking of visiting either Prague, Budapest or Krakow this January. I
have visited both Prague and Budapest this year using my Canon A85
The A85 was easily slipped into my pocket when on the trams metro etc. I
now have a Canon EOS 350D a much more expensive camera and far too large for
my pocket.
My question is:- how do others secure their camera so that it's not
snatched when travelling to places away from home. Especially when the
camera is mounted on a tripod.

Use a 10x8 monorail and watch 'em just try to run with it?

Old July 29th, 2006, 11:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

DAVE PRICE wrote:
Security of a camera whilst travelling abroad.

Hi all

This may be slightly 'Off topic'

I'm thinking of visiting either Prague, Budapest or Krakow this January. I
have visited both Prague and Budapest this year using my Canon A85

The A85 was easily slipped into my pocket when on the trams metro etc. I
now have a Canon EOS 350D a much more expensive camera and far too large for
my pocket.

My question is:- how do others secure their camera so that it's not
snatched when travelling to places away from home. Especially when the
camera is mounted on a tripod.

Hook the strap across your body.

Regards Dave

Bristol UK

http://djmp.co.uk/bvp/

http://djmp.co.uk/slr%201/

Posted to

rec.travel.Europe

and uk.rec.photo.misc

Old July 30th, 2006, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike Russell

"DAVE PRICE" wrote in message
Security of a camera whilst travelling abroad.

Hi all

This may be slightly 'Off topic'

I'm thinking of visiting either Prague, Budapest or Krakow this January.
I have visited both Prague and Budapest this year using my Canon A85

The A85 was easily slipped into my pocket when on the trams metro etc.
I now have a Canon EOS 350D a much more expensive camera and far too large
for my pocket.

My question is:- how do others secure their camera so that it's not
snatched when travelling to places away from home. Especially when the
camera is mounted on a tripod.

IMHO, not to worry. I carried a CoolPix 8700 for a week in Prague and
several days in Krakow with no problems. In those cities, you will blend in
with the thousands of other tourists with nice cameras.

It's been a while since I've been to Budapest.
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Old July 30th, 2006, 03:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 23:43:20 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 19:15:33 +0100, "DAVE PRICE"
wrote:

Security of a camera whilst travelling abroad.

Hi all

This may be slightly 'Off topic'

I'm thinking of visiting either Prague, Budapest or Krakow this January. I
have visited both Prague and Budapest this year using my Canon A85

The A85 was easily slipped into my pocket when on the trams metro etc. I
now have a Canon EOS 350D a much more expensive camera and far too large for
my pocket.

My question is:- how do others secure their camera so that it's not
snatched when travelling to places away from home. Especially when the
camera is mounted on a tripod.

The local crime prevention officer once advised us that the best
security is to have good insurance.

Never tell the police or the insurance company you are leaving
your home for any reason.
Advice from an ex policeman.
Old July 30th, 2006, 07:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Frightens Me

wrote:

Security of a camera whilst travelling abroad.

Hi all

This may be slightly 'Off topic'

I'm thinking of visiting either Prague, Budapest or Krakow this January. I
have visited both Prague and Budapest this year using my Canon A85

The A85 was easily slipped into my pocket when on the trams metro etc. I
now have a Canon EOS 350D a much more expensive camera and far too large for
my pocket.

My question is:- how do others secure their camera so that it's not
snatched when travelling to places away from home. Especially when the
camera is mounted on a tripod.

The local crime prevention officer once advised us that the best
security is to have good insurance.

Never tell the police or the insurance company you are leaving
your home for any reason.
Advice from an ex policeman.

Why would you anyway?
--