August Honeymoon in Thailand - Questions

Old July 25th, 2006, 05:01 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default August Honeymoon in Thailand - Questions

My fiancee and I are planning about a 12 day honeymoon in Thailand in
beginning mid-August. I have a few questions about places to go.

1) What are the best places to go for a honeymoon in Thailand?
Phuket? Ko Samui? Ko Phi Phi? etc.

2) What is the best way to get a 4 or 5 star hotel for a decent price?
I am not too worried about price but dont want to overpay. Some
people have recommended the Internet, some Thai travel agents, some say
show up at different resorts and bargain for a price. Some say in
depends on the place you are going. I

3) Could you recommend some resorts that are best suited for a
honeymoon.

4) Is the weather going to be a huge concern?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Two_Bits

Old July 25th, 2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

lots of rain and clouds and flash floods -europe would be nicer and
sunny and warm
why you want to go honeymoon in monsoon season ?
when you can go to a sunny eupean destination -weird.

Old July 26th, 2006, 05:05 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

wrote:
My fiancee and I are planning about a 12 day honeymoon in Thailand in
beginning mid-August. I have a few questions about places to go.

1) What are the best places to go for a honeymoon in Thailand?
Phuket? Ko Samui? Ko Phi Phi? etc.

2) What is the best way to get a 4 or 5 star hotel for a decent price?
I am not too worried about price but dont want to overpay. Some
people have recommended the Internet, some Thai travel agents, some say
show up at different resorts and bargain for a price. Some say in
depends on the place you are going. I

3) Could you recommend some resorts that are best suited for a
honeymoon.

4) Is the weather going to be a huge concern?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Two_Bits

Those places are not the best in my opinion.

There are nicer places in the north of the country.

But if you must go there, get a copy of Lonely Planet for Thailand.

It will have hotels in all price ranges.

If you must go to the south, go to one of the less touristed islands,
like Ko Pang Ngan or Ko Phi Phi.

Even then-- you will get a crowded beach with boys trying to sell you
glass as gems, and masseuses every 10 feet, bad chinese food and people
ripping you off.

to respond take "nospam" out of the email address.

mpg consulting

Old July 26th, 2006, 07:20 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_1_]

In article . com,
says...

If you must go to the south, go to one of the less touristed islands,
like Ko Pang Ngan or Ko Phi Phi.

Ko Pang Ngan and Ko Phi Phi are very touristy.
--

Alfred Molon
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:19 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
TonyC

As far as weather is concerned the best place to head for at this time
is Ko Samui. The best 5 star hotels there are Santiburi Resort and Le
Meridien Baan Taling Ngam. There are a lot of good 4 star hotels but I
would need to know more about your preferences before I could suggest
any. August is a peak month for Ko Samui and hotel prices will reflect
this. Personally I would check prices on the Internet and take
recommendations as to which service to use.

If you would like more competitive prices and are prepared for some wet
weather you could consider Phuket. There are too many top quality
hotels to list but again it would depend on your personal preferences.

I am sure you will have a great time, whatever the weather. And I hope
you get on a flight because those to Thailand are busy too.

Tony
http://www.ExclusivePhuket.com

Old July 26th, 2006, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
bob

All 3 places you mentioned are very touristy, and development has increased
almost exponentially in the past 10 years. You didn't mention what you are
looking for specifically. If it's scuba diving, you might want to consider
Koh Tao. If you want to spend a week in a drug-induced haze with a million
strangers, maybe Koh Phangan.
Personally, I would go to the Similan Islands, but that's not everybody's
thing.
You can indeed just show up and bargain, wherever you go, but your choice
may be restricted. My guess is that if it's your honeymoon, you probably
want to reserve in advance and make it easy on yourself.
Be aware that you will be well into the rainy season at that time.

--
Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bomo