My recent US airport experiences

Old September 3rd, 2006, 07:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

Default My recent US airport experiences

I had a US trip scheduled from mid-August for a couple of weeks, and wouldn't
you know that the arab moslems would have to screw up travel for everyone.

At any rate...

Ben Gurion was fine - no real changes that I could see. You could even bring
liquids thru security and onto the US flight (ELAL). I made a point of using
ELAL this trip to make sure that I could get back to Israel even if there was
a war on.

I went thru four US airports, and other than the mandatory shoe removal I did
not have a problem. No major lines - perhaps I was lucky at my travel times (I
did a Monday noon, from EWR and a Tuesday AM from JFK, with the usual Thursday
evening return from the left coast).

It would appear that the machines can detect the liquids/gels as I didn't see
many bags being opened.

I did not try to take them on, and relied on the generosity of the hotels to
provide the missing items.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Sean[_1_]

Binyamin Dissen wrote:
snip /
It would appear that the machines can detect the liquids/gels as I didn't
see many bags being opened.

No they can't. I know someone who accidentally flew with hand cream in
their hand luggage in the past few weeks.

Sean
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air
AlexZ

Binyamin Dissen wrote:

: I had a US trip scheduled from mid-August for a couple of weeks,
: and wouldn't you know that the arab moslems would have to screw
: up travel for everyone.

While Arabs are perfectly capable of messing our lives, we have to
thank Pakistanis for this one. Of course they all derive their
inspiration from the same books and same teachings.
Old September 4th, 2006, 08:35 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_1_]

Sean wrote:

Binyamin Dissen wrote:
snip /

It would appear that the machines can detect the liquids/gels as I didn't
see many bags being opened.

No they can't. I know someone who accidentally flew with hand cream in
their hand luggage in the past few weeks.

On August 12, they detected my small bottle of shampoo accidently left
in a bag from a trip from STT on Aug 8.
Old September 4th, 2006, 05:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Frank F. Matthews

mrtravel wrote:

Sean wrote:

Binyamin Dissen wrote:
snip /

It would appear that the machines can detect the liquids/gels as I
didn't
see many bags being opened.

No they can't. I know someone who accidentally flew with hand cream in
their hand luggage in the past few weeks.

On August 12, they detected my small bottle of shampoo accidently left
in a bag from a trip from STT on Aug 8.

I suspect that they are using the shape of the container to trigger a
search.

Old September 4th, 2006, 05:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Frank F. Matthews

AlexZ wrote:

Binyamin Dissen wrote:

: I had a US trip scheduled from mid-August for a couple of weeks,
: and wouldn't you know that the arab moslems would have to screw
: up travel for everyone.

While Arabs are perfectly capable of messing our lives, we have to
thank Pakistanis for this one. Of course they all derive their
inspiration from the same books and same teachings.

It is amusing to watch all the folks who think that Iranians are Arabs
or that most Arab Americans are Islamic.

Old September 8th, 2006, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Frank F. Matthews wrote:

While Arabs are perfectly capable of messing our lives, we have to
thank Pakistanis for this one. Of course they all derive their
inspiration from the same books and same teachings.

It is amusing to watch all the folks who think that Iranians are Arabs
or that most Arab Americans are Islamic.

They also think that it is the Arabs who have started this whole mess.

Old September 8th, 2006, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Geoff Miller

wrote:

They also think that it is the Arabs who have started this whole mess.

So who was it again who flew the planes into the Twin Towers, the
Pentagon, and that field in Pennsylvania? Tongans? Australian
Aborigines?

Geoff

--
"Liberace was a great piano player, but
he sucked on the organ." -- Mike Oxbig

Old September 8th, 2006, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Binyamin Dissen wrote:
I had a US trip scheduled from mid-August for a couple of weeks, and wouldn't
you know that the arab moslems would have to screw up travel for everyone.

That's political and perhaps OT for this group, but there is things
that you can do but your government refuses to. Consequently, you have
made islamic terrorism a world wide problem. Thank you very much.

Ben Gurion was fine - no real changes that I could see. You could even bring
liquids thru security and onto the US flight (ELAL). I made a point of using

El Al has a different security concept. They don't assume that
passengers don't have dangerous items and therefore do not base their
defence on this rather weak assumption. Consequently, you can bring
liquids, nail files and they serve metal cuttlery with their food.

Everybody else thinks that it works to ban items from handluggage. But
of course they don't check each and every bag (how in the world could
you) and therefore stuff gets pass security. If you really want to
bring dangerous liquids, you will be able to. The concept of banning
liquids doesn't work out in reality, but it sure annoys the hell out of
innocent passengers.

Old September 8th, 2006, 10:35 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

AlexZ wrote:

While Arabs are perfectly capable of messing our lives, we have to
thank Pakistanis for this one. Of course they all derive their
inspiration from the same books and same teachings.

Yeah all these stupid monotheists who go by the book