Australian winery recommendations

Old February 18th, 2009, 02:41 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Wineocerous

Default Australian winery recommendations

I work in the US wine industry and am planning a trip to Australia, with
emphasis on the following wine areas: Hunter Valley, Yarra Valley,
Coonawarra, Barossa Valley, and McLaren Vale. What wineries would you
recommend as 'must-visit'?
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:38 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Gerrit

"Wineocerous" wrote in message
I work in the US wine industry and am planning a trip to Australia, with
emphasis on the following wine areas: Hunter Valley, Yarra Valley,
Coonawarra, Barossa Valley, and McLaren Vale. What wineries would you
recommend as 'must-visit'?

Margaret River area in Western Australia!

Old February 18th, 2009, 02:55 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Chris[_14_]

"Gerrit" schreef in bericht

"Wineocerous" wrote in message
I work in the US wine industry and am planning a trip to Australia, with
emphasis on the following wine areas: Hunter Valley, Yarra Valley,
Coonawarra, Barossa Valley, and McLaren Vale. What wineries would you
recommend as 'must-visit'?

Margaret River area in Western Australia!

Well done Gerrit!! They are excellent, I have tasted them.

Chris

Old February 18th, 2009, 07:27 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Wineocerous says...
I work in the US wine industry and am planning a trip to Australia, with
emphasis on the following wine areas: Hunter Valley, Yarra Valley,
Coonawarra, Barossa Valley, and McLaren Vale. What wineries would you
recommend as 'must-visit'?

I can tell you which would not be a must visit in my opinion - the
Ferguson winery in the Yarra valley (it's the one to which they bring
you if you book a day tour from Melbourne). I tasted a few wines there
and while they were not bad, they were not that impressive either
--

Alfred Molon
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:50 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Joseph Coulter[_5_]

Alfred Molon wrote in
:

In article , Wineocerous says...
I work in the US wine industry and am planning a trip to Australia,
with emphasis on the following wine areas: Hunter Valley, Yarra
Valley, Coonawarra, Barossa Valley, and McLaren Vale. What wineries
would you recommend as 'must-visit'?

I can tell you which would not be a must visit in my opinion - the
Ferguson winery in the Yarra valley (it's the one to which they bring
you if you book a day tour from Melbourne). I tasted a few wines there
and while they were not bad, they were not that impressive either

Mino quibble, it is where they took you. I was taken to several including
Domaine Chandon all of which were excellent wineries. Most of the tour
operators will make adjustments for the client, if they don't find another.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Old February 19th, 2009, 12:18 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Wineocerous[_2_]

Wineocerous wrote in news:Xns9BB5B3F9F4B4FVINO@
207.115.33.102:

I work in the US wine industry and am planning a trip to Australia, with
emphasis on the following wine areas: Hunter Valley, Yarra Valley,
Coonawarra, Barossa Valley, and McLaren Vale. What wineries would you
recommend as 'must-visit'?

Thanks for the comments. Alas and alack: no time or $$ left for Margaret
River this time around!
Old March 7th, 2009, 05:32 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Kerry Raymond

Well, in terms of tasting wine, I guess a lot depends on your preference.
But in the Barossa, I think Seppeltsfield (the oldest winery in Australia --
I think -- if not, one of the oldest) is a great place to visit for a tour
of winery (and the fortifieds they make are pretty famous too)

http://www.seppeltsfield.com.au/

Old April 4th, 2009, 08:02 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
davidcronk[_3_]

Henschke's in the Barossa Valley for one.

--
davidcronk
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Old May 28th, 2009, 07:40 AM
famous famous is offline
Member

If you are wine shopkeeper then you must go to wineries. This may help in your business and you can learn more about wines and collect some good stuff.