Marriott-Renaissance, Atlanta Hartsfield...

Old October 8th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Sixsixsixtynine

Default Marriott-Renaissance, Atlanta Hartsfield...

I know this hotel comes up via Google from time to time, but I want to
reiterate how much of a gas this place is!

Got to the room about 10 PM, watched about 1 hr of commercial traffic then
the FDX/UPS parade started. Saw an AF taking off--couldn't tell if it was a
767 or 777. Next morning, saw the South African 744 land. No DL 777's or
MD-11's. (Looked at the DL schedule, as far as I can tell there's only the
ATL-NRT RT that uses 11's anymore.)

Best of all, the room was free...

As for my trip, 738's KCI-ATL. Last time I flew was 1996, that was 732's.
Big diff...

--
http://home.att.net/~damonhynes/
Il mio altro automobile è un Barchetta rosso

Old October 8th, 2003, 10:32 PM
Jurek

"Sixsixsixtynine" wrote in message ...
I know this hotel comes up via Google from time to time, but I want to
reiterate how much of a gas this place is!

Got to the room about 10 PM, watched about 1 hr of commercial traffic then
the FDX/UPS parade started.
Saw an AF taking off--couldn't tell if it was a
767 or 777.

It was probably AF307. These days it is served with a 777.

No DL 777's or
MD-11's. (Looked at the DL schedule, as far as I can tell there's only the
ATL-NRT RT that uses 11's anymore.)

I see them quite often at various points in Europe, most recently
at CDG, which means they are being used, perhaps from other hubs than
ATL. But I've seen them at gates in ATL too, so perhaps they are
being used as replacements for 767s and 777s.

As for my trip, 738's KCI-ATL. Last time I flew was 1996, that was 732's.
Big diff...

For better or worse? The AC haven't changed that much, must have been
the service...

jrk01
Old October 9th, 2003, 02:04 AM
Sixsixsixtynine

As for my trip, 738's KCI-ATL. Last time I flew was 1996, that was
732's.
Big diff...

For better or worse? The AC haven't changed that much, must have been
the service...

Lot of it was the circumstances (Grandma's funeral last time, cousin's
wedding and my kids' first plane ride this time).

IIRC, the 732's were old WN and I'm surprised to see them still flying.
Fabric compared to leather on the 738's. They just looked tired. And I
really wanted a 722, my trip in 1996 was OMA-ATL and they had been on the
route until just before I went, naturally...

Now, all this stuff that wasn't on domestic non-transcons in 1996--the
leather, flat-screen TV's (although the aircraft were marked Delta Shuttle,
they had the new paint). I guess it was because I *had* to travel
before--in winter--but this was just fun and better weather, too.