Seat Belt Extender

Old September 30th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Steve Chaney, aka Papa Gunnykins ®

Default Seat Belt Extender

I will be taking a trip soon and want to know if anyone can tell me where I
can purchase an extender for an airline seatbelt? I don't want to have to
ask for an extender from the flight staff. I will be flying on Delta, and
hope that the experience can be a positive one. I actually am dreading this
trip!! Your suggestions are most welcome!!

Thanks

-- Steve
º¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤º
Steve Chaney

Remove "Vegetus." to get my real email address
See the soc.singles HALL OF STUPID:
http://member.newsguy.com/~gunhed/hallofstupid
"If only sheep could cook, we wouldn't need women at all! 8)" - Dizzy,
wondering what people felt as to whether or not they feel she deserved what
happened to her." - Brenda Lee Ehmka, Message-ID:

"Jade, your whole existence is spent trying to find people you can justify
vetting your rage toward thorugh all forms of harassment. Do you realize
that?" - Sunny, on Jade's life in a nutshell

Old September 30th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Mark Hewitt

"Steve Chaney, aka Papa Gunnykins ®" wrote in
message ...
I will be taking a trip soon and want to know if anyone can tell me where

can purchase an extender for an airline seatbelt? I don't want to have to
ask for an extender from the flight staff. I will be flying on Delta, and
hope that the experience can be a positive one. I actually am dreading

this
trip!! Your suggestions are most welcome!!

Why not? It's my experience that the flight staff will be more than happy to
provide you with such.

In fact they may not trust one provided by the passenger?

Old September 30th, 2003, 01:13 PM
James Robinson

Mark Hewitt wrote:

Steve Chaney wrote:

I will be taking a trip soon and want to know if anyone can tell
me where I can purchase an extender for an airline seatbelt?

It's my experience that the flight staff will be more than happy to
provide you with such.

In fact they may not trust one provided by the passenger?

Since there are many seat belt designs, you couldn't be sure that a
purchased belt would fit those on a particular aircraft.

Extenders are common on aircraft, since they are what the flight
attendants use to demonstrate how to use the belts. They are also used
to providing them to passengers, so there should be no hesitation in
asking for one if the seatbelts aren't long enough, and they are pretty
long by themselves.
Old September 30th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Mike Cordelli

www.extend-it.com offers them, as some of the travel sites. They are not
cheap, running like $60 each, and there are four or five different models.
You never know which type of belts the plane you will be on has, so you will
need to have a couple available. It's way easier to just ask as you board
or before they start the in-flight demonstration for one of theirs.

Old September 30th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Jen p 2u

www.extend-it.com offers them, as some of the travel sites.

I just looked at their site. This is from their faqs............

"Q. What do I do if the flight attendant insists I use the airline's
seat belt extender?

A. Two different questions, same answer: comply with the flight attendant's
instructions. ALWAYS. A flight attendant's instructions have the weight of
law behind them and you can get yourself tossed off the plane and/or arrested
if you don't comply promptly. If time permits you could discuss it with the
flight attendant, show him/her your Extend-ITtm authentication card, etc. but
always in a friendly, cooperative manner and always making it clear that you
will comply with their instructions. While policies and degree of enforcement
vary from airline to airline and we do everything we can to make it clear that
our seat belt extenders are of as good or better quality than the ones they
supply, under FAA regulations all airlines have the right to limit or prohibit
the use of pretty much anything they want on their flights.

The good news is that problems of this type are very rare - most flight
attendants are so busy that they barely have time to get you a seat belt
extender when you ask for one, let alone patrol the plane looking for
passengers who might need one or who may be using their own."

The policy at the airline I work for is that you are only allowed to use the
seat belt extenders that we provide. I've had several occasions where I had to
discretely tell a customer that they would have to use our extenders.

I've never been "too busy" to get somebody an extender.

Most of our passengers just ask for one as they board. Please don't feel shy
or embarrassed. We hand out extenders all of the time, and don't even think
twice about it.
Old September 30th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Jen p 2u" wrote in message
www.extend-it.com offers them, as some of the travel sites.

I just looked at their site. This is from their faqs............

"Q. What do I do if the flight attendant insists I use the

airline's
seat belt extender?

A. Two different questions, same answer: comply with the flight

attendant's
instructions. ALWAYS. A flight attendant's instructions have the weight

of
law behind them and you can get yourself tossed off the plane

Hopefully BEFORE take-off.

Old September 30th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Cricket

"Mike Cordelli" wrote in message
www.extend-it.com offers them, as some of the travel sites. They are not
cheap, running like $60 each, and there are four or five different models.
You never know which type of belts the plane you will be on has, so you

will
need to have a couple available. It's way easier to just ask as you board
or before they start the in-flight demonstration for one of theirs.

I would think they could be arranged for ahead of time, like kosher meals?
It would seem that they would prefer to have one all ready for you rather
than to have to go fishing around for one when a bunch of people are lined
up to board.

[...]

fat
people are worthless." - some anonymous coward admitting the truth,

Old September 30th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Deirdre Saoirse Moen

In article ,
(Steve_Chaney,_ak a_Papa_Gunnykins_=AE)=20?=
wrote:

I will be taking a trip soon and want to know if anyone can tell me where I
can purchase an extender for an airline seatbelt? I don't want to have to
ask for an extender from the flight staff. I will be flying on Delta, and
hope that the experience can be a positive one. I actually am dreading this
trip!! Your suggestions are most welcome!!

Different planes have different styles of seat belts, so there's no single
style one can purchase. I believe you can add the request to the PNR (like
a meal request), but there's no guarantee anyone would read it. I've never
done it that way though. I don't know how you'd do that without a TA who
used a CRS (not all of them do any more).

Don't be afraid to ask for one. Depending on the carrier and type of
plane, I sometimes need one. If I know I will, I ask as I board and am
usually handed one right then. If I don't have one by the time things are
settling in prior to departure, I push the flight attendant call button.

--
_Deirdre http://deirdre.net
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
Old October 1st, 2003, 12:30 AM
SP Cook

"Cricket" wrote in message

I would think they could be arranged for ahead of time, like kosher meals?
It would seem that they would prefer to have one all ready for you rather
than to have to go fishing around for one when a bunch of people are lined
up to board.

That is what the little seat belt demo thingy is really for. Do you
think that there actually are people too stupid to know how to buckle
their seat belts? The stew, after she finishes her little lesson,
will just hand it off to the guy.

But, of course, the obese should always have their travel agent note
"strap passenger" (airline lingo for someone so big the seat belt
won't go around them), or they should note that under special requests
if booking on-line.
Old October 8th, 2003, 12:23 AM
MrEdwardDWebb

when you confirm your flight within 72 hours of it........remind the airline
you need it
when you check in ..........mention it again
as you walk onto the airline tell the cabin crew where your seaT is a remind
them again.

This is why its dumb to buy one in advance
1.Some are metal,which will set off the X-ray
2.Ever try to put a Buick LeSabre extension in a Chevy S-10 pickup?
It dont fit !!!!!!!!!!!!!

now what happens if you think you are flying on a 747 and the airline
substitutes a 777 at the last moment.It may be a different type of extension
belt.

Or you can do what I do
i weigh 430 lbs
i buy 2 seats