How to serve an egg? (NOT off-topic)

Old October 6th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Jenn

Default How to serve an egg? (NOT off-topic)

In article ,
"Mark Hewitt" wrote:

"blib" wrote in message

I googled for an answer to the question but couldn't find any official

rule.
Anybody here can help me and my friend?
And has anyone ever had a boiled egg on a plane?

Not in a plane, but in the UK, Eggs are generally served pointed side

down,

Not in our house they aren't :shock:

pointy up -- you lop off the top and then the wider bottom end is easier
to spoon stuff out of then the pointy end -- what would be the point of
putting the easy to manage end on top?
Old October 8th, 2003, 04:06 AM
The Bill Mattocks

David Pirmann wrote in message ...
Exactly. There's less risk of someone losing an eye during turbulence
if the pointy side is down.

I believe that eggs are banned from planes after 9/11, as they are
'dual use' weapons as designated by the TSA - seemingly ordinary items
that can be used as a weapon with very little conversion work. This
is why there is no dull metal butter-knife in First Class cabins as
well. Frozen butter pats are also pretty suspect, in my opinion.

I can't count the number of times that I've had to defend myself
against a brutal thug armed with a boiled egg. Once, I was attacked
by a pomegranate-wielding psychopath and barely got away with my life.
The police are known to carry 'throw down' bananas to leave at the
scene of people they've had to shoot to make it look as though they
were being threatened with a deadly weapon.

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks