Happy New Year

Old January 1st, 2009, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Since Ken G. hasn't been around much these days, I'll ask his favorite
question.

What cruises do you already have booked, or are you planning, for 2009?

I have the Crown Princess to the Norwegian Fjords/North Cape for July 2009.
Plus, we'll have the annual Viking sailing in December, even though it's not
finalized yet.
Ben Smith wanted to do some kind of Boat Trip, so we'll look at that idea.
And... last minute happy hour Explorer to Bermuda, or a happy hour QM2
weekend holiday sailing is always a nice quick get-away.

--Tom

Old January 1st, 2009, 05:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

HAPPY NEW YEAR Tom and everyone else on RTC!!

We are currently booked on 3 cruises, but 2 of them are in 2010:
Solstice - 2/2009
Granduer of the Seas - 1/2010
Oasis - 10/2010

July 2009 we are doing a land trip to St. Thomas for my nephews wedding.
Since that will be an expensive trip, it will be in place of a cruise.

Tom, if there is a 2 night to nowhere on the QM2 let us know and if
time/money are ok we will join you. I would love to see the ship, but
will not do a longer cruise with every night being formal.

sue

Old January 1st, 2009, 06:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Sue Mullen" wrote in message
HAPPY NEW YEAR Tom and everyone else on RTC!!

We are currently booked on 3 cruises, but 2 of them are in 2010:
Solstice - 2/2009
Granduer of the Seas - 1/2010
Oasis - 10/2010

July 2009 we are doing a land trip to St. Thomas for my nephews wedding.
Since that will be an expensive trip, it will be in place of a cruise.

Tom, if there is a 2 night to nowhere on the QM2 let us know and if
time/money are ok we will join you. I would love to see the ship, but
will not do a longer cruise with every night being formal.

sue

It doesn't do any 2 night sailings, but there is a 4 night Labor Day sailing
from NYC to Canada and back. And a 5 night 4th of July sailing to
Halifax/Boston from NYC. I'm going to keep any eye on those as far as happy
hour pricing.

And every night isn't formal. On the 4 night Princess Cay sailing we did
last Feb, there was 1 formal night. And even the 6 night Transatlantics
aren't formal every night. Crossings have 3 formal nights.

--Tom

Old January 1st, 2009, 06:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Tom K wrote:

It doesn't do any 2 night sailings, but there is a 4 night Labor Day sailing
from NYC to Canada and back. And a 5 night 4th of July sailing to
Halifax/Boston from NYC. I'm going to keep any eye on those as far as happy
hour pricing.

And every night isn't formal. On the 4 night Princess Cay sailing we did
last Feb, there was 1 formal night. And even the 6 night Transatlantics
aren't formal every night. Crossings have 3 formal nights.

4th of July we will be in St Thomas for my nephews wedding, so that
wouldn't work.

How many formal nights would there be on the 4 night Labor Day sailing.
Date wise that would work for us, but I would have to check on vacation
time and cost.

Do they only do the Princess Cay sailings in the winter?

sue
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Tom K wrote:

It doesn't do any 2 night sailings, but there is a 4 night Labor Day
sailing from NYC to Canada and back. And a 5 night 4th of July sailing
to Halifax/Boston from NYC. I'm going to keep any eye on those as far as
happy hour pricing.

And every night isn't formal. On the 4 night Princess Cay sailing we did
last Feb, there was 1 formal night. And even the 6 night Transatlantics
aren't formal every night. Crossings have 3 formal nights.

4th of July we will be in St Thomas for my nephews wedding, so that
wouldn't work.

How many formal nights would there be on the 4 night Labor Day sailing.
Date wise that would work for us, but I would have to check on vacation
time and cost.

Do they only do the Princess Cay sailings in the winter?

sue

A 4 night sailing should have 1 formal night.

The Princess Cay sailings were last year (Feb and April). There isn't one
this year. It's doing a World Cruise instead this year, during the
winter/spring. They seem to vary the itineraries every year.

--Tom

Old January 1st, 2009, 08:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Tom K wrote:
"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Tom K wrote:

It doesn't do any 2 night sailings, but there is a 4 night Labor Day
sailing from NYC to Canada and back. And a 5 night 4th of July sailing
to Halifax/Boston from NYC. I'm going to keep any eye on those as far as
happy hour pricing.

And every night isn't formal. On the 4 night Princess Cay sailing we did
last Feb, there was 1 formal night. And even the 6 night Transatlantics
aren't formal every night. Crossings have 3 formal nights.

4th of July we will be in St Thomas for my nephews wedding, so that
wouldn't work.

How many formal nights would there be on the 4 night Labor Day sailing.
Date wise that would work for us, but I would have to check on vacation
time and cost.

Do they only do the Princess Cay sailings in the winter?

sue

A 4 night sailing should have 1 formal night.

The Princess Cay sailings were last year (Feb and April). There isn't one
this year. It's doing a World Cruise instead this year, during the
winter/spring. They seem to vary the itineraries every year.

Thanks Tom, let us know if you find something good. One or two formal
nights are not a problem for us.

sue
Old January 1st, 2009, 06:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ralph

Me and the cow are going on Clebrity Soultice, we always go HAL, how do they
compare? The cow has been ill, but at least lost some weight...senior

Old January 1st, 2009, 09:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_3_]

Ralph wrote:
Me and the cow are going on Clebrity Soultice, we always go HAL, how do
they compare? The cow has been ill, but at least lost some weight...senior

Hey Clint, your name and address has changed but I still recognized you.
When are you going on the Solstice? We will be on that ship on
February 8th, Valentine's week. I am looking forward to the chocolate,
er... I mean, I am looking forward to the cruise.

Becca
Old January 2nd, 2009, 12:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Becca
wrote:

Hey Clint, your name and address has changed but I still recognized you.
When are you going on the Solstice? We will be on that ship on
February 8th, Valentine's week. I am looking forward to the chocolate,
er... I mean, I am looking forward to the cruise.

Ralph was testing a few days ago. I wonder if he flunked and posted by
mistake under his real handle instead of his troll handle......

--
Charles
Old January 3rd, 2009, 01:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_3_]

Charles wrote:
In article , Becca
wrote:

Hey Clint, your name and address has changed but I still recognized you.
When are you going on the Solstice? We will be on that ship on
February 8th, Valentine's week. I am looking forward to the chocolate,
er... I mean, I am looking forward to the cruise.

Ralph was testing a few days ago. I wonder if he flunked and posted by
mistake under his real handle instead of his troll handle......

Well, I hope Clint finds himself, whoever he is. He is our most
delightful troll, IMO.

Becca