shore excursions - how to set up before a Princess cruise?

Old January 8th, 2011, 03:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default shore excursions - how to set up before a Princess cruise?

In article , Ohioguy
wrote:

So you go from thinking you can do it the last week, to suddenly
finding the new statement that it is too late to do so. That isn't very
user friendly.

It does not matter that much. You can still book onboard and likely you
will find most excursions still available.

--
Charles
Old January 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 09:30:00 -0600, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article ,
wrote:

What you did wrong was wait until 5 days before the cruise to do the
booking of the excursions.

That of course was wrong but everything else about him was wrong too.

--
Charles

What I find amusing is that he asks for advice, ignores it and puts up an
argument defending what he intended to do in the first place. He does not
even appreciate anyone's help...I am not going to waste my time answering
his questions...let him go on this cruise with "Newbie" printed on his
forehead for everyone to see!

--Jean

Well said, Jean, as your Cyber Sister, I am ready, willing and able to
follow your lead of Christian love and lack of hypocrisy!
--
sue
Old January 8th, 2011, 03:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K[_3_]

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 10:49:22 -0500, Charles wrote:

In article , Jean O'Boyle
wrote:

hat I find amusing is that he asks for advice, ignores it and puts up an
argument defending what he intended to do in the first place. He does not
even appreciate anyone's help...I am not going to waste my time answering
his questions...let him go on this cruise with "Newbie" printed on his
forehead for everyone to see!

If he had asked for advice on the ports he would have got some good
ideas on what to do at the ports and that would have saved him money.
He says he was not going to do anything at the ports. The cruise he is
doing is port intensive. I wonder how doing nothing will go over with
his wife.

Yes? Oh, you were talking about /Ohioguy's/ wife.

--Tom
Old January 8th, 2011, 04:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 09:30:00 -0600, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article ,
wrote:

What you did wrong was wait until 5 days before the cruise to do the
booking of the excursions.

That of course was wrong but everything else about him was wrong too.

--
Charles

What I find amusing is that he asks for advice, ignores it and puts up an
argument defending what he intended to do in the first place. He does not
even appreciate anyone's help...

He's a *TROLL* you idiot, what did you expect?

--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
I never have nor ever will solicit or accept a booking.
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Bill wrote:

I find it amusing that he wasted so much time worrying about tips and
dollar coins and what to do with his extra time before he wanted to get
on the ship that he didn't bother thinking about excursions and figuring
out how to book them on the Princess site.

Bill

Or asking his wife, whom he says has cruise twice before, how all this
works?
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Ohioguy wrote:

"As your ship is scheduled to leave port within 5 days, the Cruise
Personalizer is not available."

And yet you can't figure out that you waited too long to schedule online?
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Charles wrote:

If he had asked for advice on the ports he would have got some good
ideas on what to do at the ports and that would have saved him money.
He says he was not going to do anything at the ports. The cruise he is
doing is port intensive. I wonder how doing nothing will go over with
his wife.

I wonder if she's embarrassed by him? A cheapskate who pays insists on
paying in coins. What a putz.
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Goomba" wrote in message
Charles wrote:

If he had asked for advice on the ports he would have got some good
ideas on what to do at the ports and that would have saved him money.
He says he was not going to do anything at the ports. The cruise he is
doing is port intensive. I wonder how doing nothing will go over with
his wife.

I wonder if she's embarrassed by him? A cheapskate who pays insists on
paying in coins. What a putz.

Agreed, the poor guy is an eccentric and sometimes I wonder if he is a
"plant" and really exists.
Oh well, If he does, I hope he has an enjoyable first cruise and takes at
least some of the sincere advice he was given here, even if he is too bull
headed to ever admit it! With a wife who has cruised twice before, you'd
think he would have relied on some of her experience. Oh well....Bon Voyage,
Ohioguy!

--Jean

Old January 9th, 2011, 06:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

On Jan 8, 9:21*pm, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
"Goomba" wrote in message

Charles wrote:

[...]

While the following is unasked, perhaps unwarranted, and possibly
inaccurate - I suspect that control is a very big issue for Ohioguy,
and it wouldn't surprise me if his wife doesn't have a large voice in
things.

Mark