We have chosen our cruise

Old January 18th, 2011, 04:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

Default We have chosen our cruise (Jean)

I sailed on the Emerald last yr. and especially liked having my son and
family in the adjoining cabin. It was great having the balcony door open
between our cabins. I didn't think the Emerald was as beautiful as the
Grand Princess. My son prefers R.C.I. but I always enjoyed all the
various ships I have been on. Well, all except Disney didn't thrill me.

Have a great time.

Carol

Old January 18th, 2011, 05:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Default We have chosen our cruise

On 1/17/2011 7:46 PM, MAS wrote:
On 1/17/2011 8:40 PM, Charles wrote:
In , wrote:

Oooh, jewelry. There is nothing better as a memorable souvenir from trip
than jewelry. If anyone knows the name of the shop, I would appreciate
it very much.

I don't recall the name. There are many jewelry shops in Cozumel and I
have been in many with Leslie. There are also jewelry shops in Grand
Cayman. And check out what they sell in the shop on the ship. You won't
have any problem finding nice jewelry shops.

My credit card is on fire as we speak.....

Marsha

Do use your credit card. I bought a bracelet in Cozumel and when I took
it to my jeweler at home to take out a couple of links, I learned that I
had been ripped off. I contacted my credit card company, got an official
appraisal and saved myself a whole bunch of money. If I'd have paid cash
I would have been SOL.

Also, if you purchase anything in the ship recommended shops and later
find that you did not get what you paid for, Royal Caribbean will go to
bat for you. It does mean paying higher prices in those shops, but it is
a kind of insurance.

Just be aware that bargains in fine jewelry are rare. You would probably
get a better price and quality at home.

Also be aware that the jewelry stores have special lighting to make the
stones look a whole lot better than they actually are. If a store is
reputable, they will let you take the object outside to see it in
natural light.

BTW, some of the worst quality stones are sold by Diamonds
International. Collect the free charms if you want, but don't buy their
stuff.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old January 18th, 2011, 02:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

Default We have chosen our cruise (Janet)

Why do you say that Diamond's International is not reputable? They have
been in business many years and are the largest jeweler in the islands,
and they are headquartered in N.Y.C. My girlfriend purchased a 34 carat
tanzanite solitaire at D.I. and paid 17K for it. she had it appraised
here in the states for considerably more. Just curious as to where you
get your facts from!

Old January 18th, 2011, 03:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 21:28:41 -0600, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Marsha, Last I heard, George gave Becca a haircut....wonder if Nonny
gave him instructions!

No need George knows where all of Becca's hairs are.

Nonny
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:12:01 -0500, Nonnymus wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 21:28:41 -0600, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Marsha, Last I heard, George gave Becca a haircut....wonder if Nonny
gave him instructions!

No need George knows where all of Becca's hairs are.

Nonny

OH Nonny now that is funny!! All I can see are images of George on his
knees searching for fleas! LOL

sue
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_7_]

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:14:34 -0500, Sue Mullen wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:12:01 -0500, Nonnymus wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 21:28:41 -0600, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Marsha, Last I heard, George gave Becca a haircut....wonder if Nonny
gave him instructions!

No need George knows where all of Becca's hairs are.

Nonny

OH Nonny now that is funny!! All I can see are images of George on his
knees searching for fleas! LOL

sue

Sue, great post! Poor George, all bloodied on his kneecaps, you would
think that by now Becca would be picked and nitted clean. Even monkeys
can get their crotches de-flea-ed in half a decade!

--Jean-- May The Power Of Christ Compel George
--
http://tinyurl.com/djag
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus

On 17 Jan 2011 17:12:00 GMT, Charles wrote:

MAS wrote:
We have selected a group cruise on Freedom of the Seas, leaving 5/15/11
out of Port Canaveral, cabin 8354, visiting Labadee, Falmouth
(hopefully), Georgetown and Cozumel. We will be flying down to Orlando
the day before and probably take a shuttle to the port. Now we have to
iron out all the little the details....is it May yet?

Marsha

Are you going with George Leppla's group? He has a group on that sailing.

George IS a group.

Nonny
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

I collect the charms from diamond international,but when pricing a ring
there decided it was too much,we found the same exact ring here at our
local jewlery store for over $200.00 less.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old January 19th, 2011, 12:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

On 1/17/2011 10:28 PM, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
The day you leave, we will be flying back from Copenhagen after a 16 day
trans-Atlantic cruise on the Emerald Princess or else you and I would
finally meet, but I hope you have so much fun that you will book another of
George's group cruises and then we will!
We are leaving on Feb.12-19 for George's Valentine's Day group cruise on the
Celebrity Eclipse.

Happy planning!

--Jean

I hope you have a great time on both cruises. Get George primed for us.
He may never invite us back to a group cruise after we get through
with his group in May ;-)

Marsha
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Carol Eskra" wrote in message
I sailed on the Emerald last yr. and especially liked having my son and
family in the adjoining cabin. It was great having the balcony door open
between our cabins. I didn't think the Emerald was as beautiful as the
Grand Princess. My son prefers R.C.I. but I always enjoyed all the
various ships I have been on. Well, all except Disney didn't thrill me.

Have a great time.

Carol

Thanks, Carol, we have never taken the Grand Princess but this will be our
second cruise on the Emerald. Adjoining cabins can be nice, especially for
family or good friends to share a nice large balcony.

--Jean