I don't understand the negative reviews about Costa

Old August 8th, 2013, 01:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default I don't understand the negative reviews about Costa

This was my first Costa and I have not had such a great experience with a cruise as this one in a while. Food was very plentiful.The waiters were wonderful! Buffets offered a nice variety each day along with the consistent ones with pizza and icecream. The entertainment was wonderful with also a nice variety each night
Old August 8th, 2013, 11:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

On 8/8/2013 5:22 AM, wrote:
This was my first Costa and I have not had such a great experience with
a cruise as this one in a while. Food was very plentiful.The waiters were
wonderful! Buffets offered a nice variety each day along with the
consistent ones with pizza and ice cream. The entertainment was wonderful
with also a nice variety each night

You have to understand that reviews of a LINE are a lot different from
reviews of individual cruises. I am very glad you enjoyed your cruise.
But, IN GENERAL, there are less of the experienced cruisers that enjoy
Costa.

For instance, I took my first Carnival cruise quite a while back for the
inaugural sailing of the Legend out of Europe. It was great! Good
food, very good service, the ship was very clean (should be ... it was
just built!) and the itinerary was spectacular (Baltics). We had such a
great time, we talked our family into Carnival for our semi annual
family cruise get together. It was terrible! Poor to mediocre (but
abundant) food, so-so service, not bad but still mediocre entertainment
and we seemed to always run into dirty dishes in elevators and hallways.
Since it was a discount sailing in the Caribbean, we chalked it up to
"Discount Passengers" and chose another Carnival for our next family
sailing. Again, it was terrible.

Our first NCL cruise was spectacularly good on all counts. Our second
one was VERY disappointing but our third, forth and fifth were all good
to very good.

So far, EVERY cruise we have taken with RCL, Princess and Holland
America have been good to outstanding. so for MY PERSONAL CHOICE, I
stick with these guys and have put NCL on a maybe list with Carnival and
Costa (based on family experience ... not my own) on the rather not list.

HOWEVER ... a week on a lower grade discount cruise line, at a cheap
enough price is still better than a week in the trenches at work! ;-)

--

Ray
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Old August 9th, 2013, 01:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 8/8/2013 12:45 PM, Observant Lurker wrote:
On Aug 8 2013 10:07 AM, Bill wrote:

On 8/8/2013 8:22 AM, wrote:
This was my first Costa and I have not had such a great experience
with a cruise as this one in a while. Food was very plentiful.The
waiters were wonderful! Buffets offered a nice variety each day along
with the consistent ones with pizza and icecream. The entertainment
was wonderful with also a nice variety each night

So in other words, your standard for food is based on quantity, not quality.

Got a reading comprehension problem Mr. Troll? Maykan 37 talked about
quality and not quantity.
He said, "a nice variety each day". Pizza and ice cream is always a
staple, especially for the kids.
I guess, since he did not mention Ribeye steaks and oysters, the cruise
was not worth the money? You need a refresher course in English
Comprehension or just STFU.
Just my humble opinion.

So, Mr. Not So Observant non-Lurker.. the poster said these two things
about the food:

Food was very plentiful

and

Buffets offered a nice variety each day along with the consistent ones with pizza and icecream

A "nice variety" means that they had a lot of different things but
doesn't mean that any of them were particularly good. Neither of them
say anything about the quality of the food, simply that they had a lot
of it (that would be quantity).
Old August 9th, 2013, 02:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

My second, and most probably my last cruise, had an abundance of shellfish.. Shrimps mostly. Seems the cruise was during the Hanukah holiday, and there wasn't much shellfish eating going on. The waiter really pushed the lobster on us, they had so many, he said the crew was tired of eating them. Also, I never ate so many shrimp in my life, and I was having it several times a day. I had it on pizza and in sandwiches, with eggs and while watch movies outside. The big giant ones and the little tender ones, all perfectly deveined. I felt I might be turning into one.

I haven't had one shrimp in the eight months since.
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray[_1_]

On 8/9/2013 1:21 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:

Not sure I can believe you. Cruise lines have been cruising for decades,
they know exactly how many shrimp and lobsters will be consumed during
Hanukkah week.

While you would think that would be the case, I have been on several
cruises where something was mis-ordered and we ran out too soon. One
was most recently on Princess where they ran out of grapes and bananas
after the second day! A few years back on NCL during a Thanksgiving
cruise, they had a serious shortage of seafood. Of course they tried to
make up for it with lots of turkey meals ... which they seemed to over
order.

It happens! ;-)

--
Ray Contreras
Old August 10th, 2013, 05:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Christine Cruiser

On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 05:22:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Food ...The waiters were wonderful! Buffets ..., pizza and icecream.

Why don't you 'cruise' on The Pizza Hut next time and save yourself a
bundle.