Spirit Air -- $54 to check my bags and get assigned seats!

Old December 30th, 2008, 03:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
AZ Nomad[_3_]

Default Spirit Air -- $54 to check my bags and get assigned seats!

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 16:30:55 -0800, Nonnymus wrote:
George Leppla wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20...S_GRAPHIC.html

and
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/25/business/25seats.html

George L

I noticed this at the bottom of the article, thank goodness:

Correction: May 4, 2006
A front-page article on April 25 about seating options that airlines are
considering to accommodate more passengers in economy class referred
incorrectly to the concept of carrying passengers standing up with
harnesses holding them in position. During preparation of the article,
The Times's questions to one aircraft manufacturer, Airbus, were

And if you want a pressurized cabin, that'll be extra too.

The economy section is to be duct-taped to a wing.
Old December 30th, 2008, 03:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_7_]

George Leppla wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20...S_GRAPHIC.html

and
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/25/business/25seats.html

George L

I noticed this at the bottom of the article, thank goodness:

Correction: May 4, 2006
A front-page article on April 25 about seating options that airlines are
considering to accommodate more passengers in economy class referred
incorrectly to the concept of carrying passengers standing up with
harnesses holding them in position. During preparation of the article,
The Times's questions to one aircraft manufacturer, Airbus, were

And if you want a pressurized cabin, that'll be extra too.

The economy section is to be duct-taped to a wing.

To be honest, we fly Southwest almost always, and can live with the
crackers and peanuts in exchange for pleasant people, clean planes,
leather seats, reliable schedules, reasonable fares and what seems to be
decent maintenance. I have no problem with other airlines, but like the
attitude of the SWA people best.

--
Nonny
Good health is merely the
Old December 30th, 2008, 01:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Dec 29, 8:12�pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
NONNY:
you do not even get pretzels on a plane anymore

� � � � � cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

You do if you fly spirit you get several snacks! and free soda, juice
etc. and free luggage....
I opt to fly Spirit cause if you add up the extras with the others its
the least expensive in most cases, and there is lots of leg room.
ashame they do not fly to San Juan or aruba

Sue
Cruise outlets and Travel
856-853-9515
Old December 30th, 2008, 02:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Dec 30, 8:52 am, Susette wrote:
On Dec 29, 8:12 pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:

NONNY:
you do not even get pretzels on a plane anymore

cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

You do if you fly spirit you get several snacks! and free soda, juice
etc. and free luggage....
I opt to fly Spirit cause if you add up the extras with the others its
the least expensive in most cases, and there is lots of leg room.
ashame they do not fly to San Juan or aruba

Sue
Cruise outlets and Travel
856-853-9515

Susette, Spirit certainly does charge you for everything, juice, soda,
even water. And none of their luggage is free. They do fly to San
Juan, as well. Perhaps you're thinking of another airline?

Jo-Ann

Old December 30th, 2008, 02:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

wrote
Yeah, but today I could have booked a flight non-stop from A.C. to Ft
Myers Feb. 20-27 for $3 each way. For my husband and I the total cost
was $54, which included taxes and fees. However, my husband can't get
that week off from work. But I did get a flight for March 5-13 for $9
each way.

I just got r/t tickets from Shreveport to Las Vegas for $58 pp plus tax and
fees (Allegiant Air). We hadn't planned on going anywhere this month but
with these cheapo tickets plus some comped hotel rooms... we decided to go.

Times are tough out in Vegas... hotels are very cheap and even the major
airlines have reduced rates.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Weblog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Old December 30th, 2008, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 07:30:55 +1100, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:02:18 -0800 (PST), jeffcoud wrote:

Ok, this is just a midday rant, lol...but just booked my flights for
the GGC down to Fort Lauderdale in February and....on Spirit Air,
which generally I like (new planes, leather seats) it was $15 to check
a bag (x2) and $24 to get assigned seats for $54 total! And people
say you get nickle and dimed on cruises....lol. Oy!!!

That is becoming the norm around the World. Wait until they start charging $1 a sheet for toilet paper!

That's when I crap in the aisle.
--
How can you value a Presidency? By the loyalty of those who
guard him.."even his own secret service agents wouldn't take a
Old December 30th, 2008, 06:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Dec 30, 9:29�am, wrote:
On Dec 30, 8:52 am, Susette wrote:

On Dec 29, 8:12 pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:

NONNY:
you do not even get pretzels on a plane anymore

cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

You do if you fly spirit �you get several snacks! and free soda, juice
etc. and free luggage....
I opt to fly Spirit cause if you add up the extras with the others its
the least expensive in most cases, and there is lots of leg room.
ashame they do not fly to San Juan or aruba

Sue
Cruise outlets and Travel
856-853-9515

Susette, Spirit certainly does charge you for everything, juice, soda,
even water. �And none of their luggage is free. �They do fly to San
Juan, as well. �Perhaps you're thinking of another airline?

Jo-Ann- Hide quoted text -

Oh I know that ! I said that SOUTHWEST gives free luggage drinks,
snacks I WISH they flew to SAN JUAN
When we took Spirit to SAN JUAN through FLL it was a nightmare
Old December 30th, 2008, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Dec 30, 9:41�am, "George Leppla" wrote:
wrote

Yeah, but today I could have booked a flight non-stop from A.C. to Ft
Myers Feb. 20-27 for $3 each way. �For my husband and I the total cost
was $54, which included taxes and fees. �However, my husband can't get
that week off from work. �But I did get a flight for March 5-13 for $9
each way.

I just got r/t tickets from Shreveport to Las Vegas for $58 pp plus tax and
fees (Allegiant Air). �We hadn't planned on going anywhere this month but
with these cheapo tickets plus some comped hotel rooms... we decided to go.

Times are tough out in Vegas... hotels are very cheap and even the major
airlines have reduced rates.

--
George Leppla � �http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Webloghttp://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

George can I come with you? hahahahah that was cheap nothing here for
that cheap!
Old December 30th, 2008, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_3_]

Susette wrote:
[...]

Need you ask? You know you are welcome to go with us, Susie. George's
birthday is on the 11th, so we thought we would celebrate by going to
Vegas to see Bette Midler. Or was that my idea???

Becca