Ship Attacks

Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
G&V[_4_]

Default Ship Attacks

With the rash of rash of pirate and terrorist stories, the cruise lines must
have contingency plans to repel attacks.
In all the cruises we have taken on many lines, we have never seen any weapons
displayed.
Does anyone know what contingency plans cruise lines have to deal with attacks.
G&V
Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
"G&V" Bushwick at comcast dot net wrote:

With the rash of rash of pirate and terrorist stories, the cruise lines must
have contingency plans to repel attacks.
In all the cruises we have taken on many lines, we have never seen any
weapons
displayed.
Does anyone know what contingency plans cruise lines have to deal with
attacks.
G&V

At this point, it seems to be largely stay out of waters where the
pirates are operating.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:42:36 -0500, "G&V" Bushwick at comcast dot
net wrote:

With the rash of rash of pirate and terrorist stories, the cruise lines must
have contingency plans to repel attacks.
In all the cruises we have taken on many lines, we have never seen any weapons
displayed.
Does anyone know what contingency plans cruise lines have to deal with attacks.

Hi,

The cruise lines do have elaborate plans for protection that include
special weapons from pirates. Due to security reasons, they do not
publish them for public consumption on the internet. A Seabourn ship
was attacked a few years ago and repelled the attackers with one of
these weapons. You might want to Google long range acoustic device
(LRAD) for more insight.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old November 22nd, 2008, 04:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

"G&V" Bushwick at comcast dot net wrote in message
m...
With the rash of rash of pirate and terrorist stories, the cruise lines
must have contingency plans to repel attacks.
In all the cruises we have taken on many lines, we have never seen any
weapons displayed.
Does anyone know what contingency plans cruise lines have to deal with
attacks.
G&V

I hope you get some response. I have been trying for awhile without
success. The data I found shows over 300 attacks each year for a decade and
increasing. Several ships, perhaps a dozen are currently held hostage.

It seems to me that the cruise lines would want it known that they are well
protected. Unless they are not protected.

Harry Cooper

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 22nd, 2008, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JohnT[_4_]

"G&V" Bushwick at comcast dot net wrote in message
m...
With the rash of rash of pirate and terrorist stories, the cruise lines
must have contingency plans to repel attacks.
In all the cruises we have taken on many lines, we have never seen any
weapons displayed.
Does anyone know what contingency plans cruise lines have to deal with
attacks.
G&V

Their plan is to set the Art Auctioneers on them.
--
JohnT

Old November 22nd, 2008, 05:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Just to keep the stories straight....

The Seaborn ship did out-run the Pirates, they did not use any weapons.
Naturally this is a small fast ship which can react quickly, as larger
ships cannot.

All cruise ships do have a variety of guns, rifles and some have rocket
launchers and heavier weapons.

The problem with this sort of behavior is that the pirates in Somalia
have been very successful in getting millions of dollars from ship
owners for freight and tanker ships with small numbers of crew or
pasengers.

It won't be long before they try to get king's ransom for a cruise ship
loaded with live people.

Although this problem has been contained in the mid-east, arabia gulf
and east africa. Intellegance reports confirm that the plans to "test"
President-elect Barack Hussein Obama as told by Vice President-elect
Biden in the first 6 months of the new administration include attacks on
Cruise ships with American passengers in waters closer to home.

Let's hope that Biden was wrong, especially in his comment that
American's would not be happy with the new President's response and that
he would have a minus 0 approval rating s a result.

Paying ransom to a gang of criminals only encourages more of the same
criminal behavior worldwide.

No ship should hesitate in destroying all potiential pirates long before
they close enough to harm any passenger or crew.

Inspector Gadget

Old November 22nd, 2008, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:10:57 -0500, "Seehorse Video"
wrote:

I hope you get some response. I have been trying for awhile without
success. The data I found shows over 300 attacks each year for a decade and
increasing. Several ships, perhaps a dozen are currently held hostage.

It seems to me that the cruise lines would want it known that they are well
protected. Unless they are not protected.

Hi Harry,

And what percentage of those 300 attacks or ships held hostage are
cruise ships? :+)