is a 7 day cruise worth the exrtra 100 dollars?

Old May 14th, 2014, 11:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default is a 7 day cruise worth the exrtra 100 dollars?

is a 7 day cruise worth the exrtra 100 dollars vs. say a 5 day cruise?
I mean the 100 dollars is just for the room. There will be I think 1
or 2 more ports and that will cost and then the added drinks and added
gambling. so I figure the total will be somewhere around an extra 300
$$$. Would the 2 days be worth it or should I jsut tstick to the 5 day
cruise.

Please dont tell me it is up to me I am looking for personal opinion
and perhaps personal experiences.

Old May 15th, 2014, 08:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Wed, 14 May 2014 22:30:34 -0400, Bill
wrote:

On 5/14/2014 6:33 PM, wrote:
is a 7 day cruise worth the exrtra 100 dollars vs. say a 5 day cruise?
I mean the 100 dollars is just for the room. There will be I think 1
or 2 more ports and that will cost and then the added drinks and added
gambling. so I figure the total will be somewhere around an extra 300
$$$. Would the 2 days be worth it or should I jsut tstick to the 5 day
cruise.

Please dont tell me it is up to me I am looking for personal opinion
and perhaps personal experiences.

Do you want us to tell you what to have for dinner, too? If you enjoy
cruising, the longer the better. I think that most serious cruisers
would tell you that anything less than a week is too short. If you've
done longer than that, you may think that 7 days is too short. Unless
you're cruising really cheap, $100 is nothing for 2 extra days.

I do find it amazing that you blow $100 a day on drinking and gambling
on the ship. Control those and the extra 2 days will really only cost
you $100.

well there is the gambling which would only add up to about 20-30
dollars if it is qa bad day and then maybe one drink and that is like
12 dollars and then the extra ports where I usually buy a couple of t
shirts and maybe get some local food. Or if I do an excursion and that
can run up to 80 dollars
Old May 15th, 2014, 08:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Thu, 15 May 2014 07:17:58 GMT, Croooozer

is a 7 day cruise worth the exrtra 100 dollars vs. say a 5 day cruise?
I mean the 100 dollars is just for the room. There will be I think 1
or 2 more ports and that will cost and then the added drinks and added
gambling. so I figure the total will be somewhere around an extra 300
$$$. Would the 2 days be worth it or should I jsut tstick to the 5 day
cruise.

Please dont tell me it is up to me I am looking for personal opinion
and perhaps personal experiences.

If you like to relax on a cruise, you get a better class of passenger on a
longer cruise. They will be older and quieter. If you like to party the
whole time, the length of the cruise is all a matter of how much money you
want to spend.

so Less children on a longer cruise? That would surely be a good
thing. My last cruise was during the school year but there were still
teenagers begging me to get them some alcohol
Old May 16th, 2014, 02:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 5/15/2014 3:09 PM, wrote:
[...]

I doubt you'll see much of a difference in number of kids between a 5
and 7 night cruise. The real factor is going to be time of year and
whether it's a school holiday/vacation. When you get up to 12 night
cruises you get less kids.

What cruise line did you do last time. Carnival? Is it normal to have
kids asking adults for alcohol? I've certainly never run into it when
I've cruised (but I've never been on Carnival).
Old May 16th, 2014, 03:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Thu, 15 May 2014 21:00:57 -0400, Bill
wrote:

On 5/15/2014 3:09 PM, wrote:
[...]

yeah it was on carnival. Carnival is the only line that has a regular
port near me. It was actually a funny thing that happend. I had just
met a woman and we were going to the late night snacl bar area to get
a bite to eat and a few kids walked up to us and asked me if I would
buy them somne alcohol. and I said sure. so they followed us around
while we got a snack and then they followed us outside and sat a few
tables away while we ate and talked. We must have sat there for an
hour and a half just talking and they sat in their group waiting. The
girl I was with asked me if I was really going to buy them something
and I said hell no. I just wanted to see how long they would wait. so
we started walking back towards midship we were aft and seeing that
they were still following us I finally laid it on them that I was
going to sleep and I wasnt buying them anything.
Old May 19th, 2014, 10:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Observant Lurker

On May 14 2014 3:33 PM, bilgat wrote:

is a 7 day cruise worth the exrtra 100 dollars vs. say a 5 day cruise?
I mean the 100 dollars is just for the room. There will be I think 1
or 2 more ports and that will cost and then the added drinks and added
gambling. so I figure the total will be somewhere around an extra 300
$$$. Would the 2 days be worth it or should I jsut tstick to the 5 day
cruise.

Please dont tell me it is up to me I am looking for personal opinion
and perhaps personal experiences.

Please turn on your spellcheck. Exrtra is actually spelled extra.

Old May 19th, 2014, 11:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mon, 19 May 2014 21:02:41 +0000, "Observant Lurker"
wrote:

On May 14 2014 3:33 PM, bilgat wrote:

is a 7 day cruise worth the exrtra 100 dollars vs. say a 5 day cruise?
I mean the 100 dollars is just for the room. There will be I think 1
or 2 more ports and that will cost and then the added drinks and added
gambling. so I figure the total will be somewhere around an extra 300
$$$. Would the 2 days be worth it or should I jsut tstick to the 5 day
cruise.

Please dont tell me it is up to me I am looking for personal opinion
and perhaps personal experiences.

Please turn on your spellcheck. Exrtra is actually spelled extra.

hey check this out... I can spell idiot