Traveling to Maui, where is best to stay?

Old October 5th, 2004, 12:05 AM
^___^

Default Traveling to Maui, where is best to stay?

Hi, I am planning to travel to Maui for the first time, and I want your
opinion on where is the best location to stay.

Last time I was in Oahu, and I stayed right beside Waikiki beach, which I
thought was very convenient. I could find lots nice restaurants within
walking distance, night market, buses to take me around to Diamond Head,
Alamona mall...etc, I only needed to rent car for two days for the
Polynisian center and all other attraction places. I am wondering if there
is such simular place in Maui? that I could just walk out the hotel and find
restaurants and places to shop, night market..etc without having to drive
all the time. Thank you...

Old October 5th, 2004, 09:47 AM
alohacyberian

"^___^" wrote in message
Hi, I am planning to travel to Maui for the first time, and I want your
opinion on where is the best location to stay.

Last time I was in Oahu, and I stayed right beside Waikiki beach, which I
thought was very convenient. I could find lots nice restaurants within
walking distance, night market, buses to take me around to Diamond Head,
Alamona mall...etc, I only needed to rent car for two days for the
Polynisian center and all other attraction places. I am wondering if there
is such simular place in Maui? that I could just walk out the hotel and
find
restaurants and places to shop, night market..etc without having to drive
all the time. Thank you...

No, there is not such a place on Maui as there is only one city in the state
of Hawaii and that is Honolulu. The population of Oahu is about a million
people, Maui has less than 150,000 and is a larger island, land-wise. My
favorites on Maui are the Grand Wailea and Four Season's Wailea, though there
are also some nice hotels in Ka'anapali which is just north of Lahaina which
has a lot of shops. Plan to stay close to your resort or rent a car as there
is no public transporation on Maui to speak of. For more information about
Maui - you are invited to visit my Maui webpage at:
~ http://keith.martin.home.att.net/vMaui.html - where you'll find no
pop-ups, no advertising, no cookies and nothing for sale. Bon voyage! KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old October 5th, 2004, 05:19 PM
TheNewsGuy

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:05:40 GMT, "^___^" wrote:

If you are interested in a condominium on Maui try ...
http://vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/hawaii/maui

We contacted a few owners by e-mail and phone and personally
negotiated a great deal - very much better than the posted rate.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
+ (two mirrored sites)
+ http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
+ http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym NOWTHISWORKS
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:22 PM
brenda

"^___^" wrote in message news:8Hk8d.201096$3l3.32020@attbi_s03...
Hi, I am planning to travel to Maui for the first time, and I want your
opinion on where is the best location to stay.

Last time I was in Oahu, and I stayed right beside Waikiki beach, which I
thought was very convenient. I could find lots nice restaurants within
walking distance, night market, buses to take me around to Diamond Head,
Alamona mall...etc, I only needed to rent car for two days for the
Polynisian center and all other attraction places. I am wondering if there
is such simular place in Maui? that I could just walk out the hotel and find
restaurants and places to shop, night market..etc without having to drive
all the time. Thank you...

I don't know what your budget is, but you might look at properties in
Kihei - it's right outside of Wailea (where my favorite hotels are) &
is a cute little town on the beach with markets & restaurants & shops
within walking distance. There's nothing deluxe or even superior
first class here, but many condos & smaller hotels. Just be sure your
place is right on the beach, not across the street & you have a view
of the water/beach. I'm not a fan of the Kaanapali area - too built
up & stores & restaurants all cater only to tourists.
Old October 6th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Brian

"^___^" wrote:

Hi, I am planning to travel to Maui for the first time, and I want your
opinion on where is the best location to stay.

Last time I was in Oahu, and I stayed right beside Waikiki beach, which I
thought was very convenient. I could find lots nice restaurants within
walking distance, night market, buses to take me around to Diamond Head,
Alamona mall...etc, I only needed to rent car for two days for the
Polynisian center and all other attraction places. I am wondering if there
is such simular place in Maui? that I could just walk out the hotel and find
restaurants and places to shop, night market..etc without having to drive
all the time. Thank you...

Maybe in Lahaina but that's nothing like Wakiki. You might get a day
or two there and there are boat cruises of different types there. But
the attractions of Maui are much more spread out. You could consider
various tours if you like those. We don't particularly but many do.
We prefer a condo in Wailea but that's pretty expensive.