GGC2004 *or* Peter Berlins Travel Center Cruise ????

Old February 8th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Benjamin Smith

Default GGC2004 *or* Peter Berlins Travel Center Cruise ????

Susette405 wrote:

Put me down for an aft balcony cabin for that one?

Hell... I bet we could even get Ben to go. Maybe even Charles.... NAH.

hahahha Ben was on my doorsep with his DEposit in hand! ALL OVER A BOOB! hahah
Maybe this is what we need for a group cruise! Some excitement

BYOBBGC--Bring Your Own Boobs and Boas Group Cruise

Ben

Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 04Dec04 Jewel of the Seas!
Check out our website: www.cruiseoutlets.com

Old February 8th, 2004, 05:40 PM
D Ball

An RTCer wrote:

I always found Judy and Peter
available and informative. I have no problem with them either as GGC
TA or
my own.

Jo-Ann responded:

That's probably because you were never on the receiving end of their
condescending statements or name-calling. I have been, as have some
others. Perhaps if you were, you'd feel differently.

Jo-Ann,

The point of your complaint with the Berlins was crystal clear the first
time we read it. As cathartic as it may be for you to continue writing it,
the credibility of your complaint with the Berlins doesn't increase each
time you do so. In fact, speaking only for myself, you have now so overblown
whatever injustice you claim the Berlins committed that I couldn't possibly
accord it the credibility it may once have deserved.

I don't mean to sound callous, Jo-Ann. Certainly, we can all see that feelings
were hurt and emotions have run high over this matter. But each of you have
said GGC2004 was a great time in spite of what occurred and that you support
the GGC concept for the future. So what I am looking forward to is all of
you experienced GGCers giving RTC the benefit of your cruising experience
and enthusiasm for group cruises by proposing ideas and initiating constructive
discussion concerning future GGCs.

Along those lines, I was delighted to hear your report of your visit to the
orphanage. I wrote you about our family's visit to the orphanage when you
first posted your intent to make this a group activity. It is wonderful to
hear how you sparked so much interest in this project among other GGCers.
And your success with that project is proof positive of how GGC participants
can come up with activities they have an interest in pursuing, take charge
of making them happen and involve a lot of folks in the process so, in the
end, it's a huge group success story! You deserve a big "atta girl" for inspiring
everyone who got behind that project and for digging in and making it work.

There are a lot of longtime and new RTCers who would like to make a GGC one
day, so there are lots of eyes on the discussions. I've always enjoyed reading
your comments about cruising generally, Jo-Ann, and hope to hear more of
the same from you in the future. And one day, maybe, I'll get to go & work
on a GGC with y'all--so far they've all been when our kids are in school...yes,
Texas kids are back in school during the SGCs .

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX
Old February 8th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Lunyma

BYOBBGC--Bring Your Own Boobs and Boas Group Cruise

Count me in on that one... Depending of course, who the TA is!

Old February 8th, 2004, 07:43 PM
BadBinky2

BYOBBGC--Bring Your Own Boobs and Boas Group Cruise

Count me in on that one... Depending of course, who the TA is!

Oooo sounds like an interesting group cruise. I have plenty of both boobs and
boas!

Bernadette

Inspiration 4/97
Sensation 9/98
Destiny 5/00
Sensation 8/01
Fascination 10/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Legend 11/02
MGC 2003 - Legend www.mgc2003.com
Old February 8th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Lunyma

Count me in on that one... Depending of course, who the TA is!

Oooo sounds like an interesting group cruise. I have plenty of both boobs
and
boas!

Bernadette

Ok, Bernie... I may need a roomie for this one! Should I go buy some more
earplugs??? LOL!

Old February 8th, 2004, 09:23 PM
BadBinky2

Ok, Bernie... I may need a roomie for this one! Should I go buy some more
earplugs??? LOL!

Ooooo roomies again!! We can probably convince Marsha to come along too.
You'll have plenty of time to buy ear plugs, I'm sure. If not, Marsha
probably has some.

Old February 9th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Jo-Ann

As cathartic as it may be for you to continue writing it,
the credibility of your complaint with the Berlins doesn't increase
each
time you do so. In fact, speaking only for myself, you have now so
overblown
whatever injustice you claim the Berlins committed that I couldn't
possibly
accord it the credibility it may once have deserved.

Diana, you are probably right. The only time I've brought it up,
though, is in response to someone else's comment. I don't think I've
actually initiated it myself, but perhaps I'm mistaken. Since most on
r.t.c. don't know the entire history, it is probably hard for them to
really grasp the depth of the hurt I've felt.

Thank you for your comments about our contribution to the orphanage.
It is something that will stay in my memory forever.

I've said all along that I had no problem with the cruise itself...I
had a wonderful time on a great ship surrounded by lots of terrific
people. The observations I've made are personal to me. Since we
don't attend too many activities, and amenities are not of utmost
importance to us, I've never felt that the Berlins didn't "deliver"
what they promised. I don't really get into small details when it
comes to those things, so what they did or did not deliver isn't an
issue with me. The communication seemed to be lacking, but again, if
there were activities I absolutely wanted to attend, I would have made
it my business to find out when and where they were occurring. Except
the group photo. I really am sorry I missed that.

I'm sure I spoke too emotionally when I said I may never go on another
GGC again. I like most of the participants far too much to say never
again. With each passing GGC, I feel I get to know more people, and
the others become more personal to me. I'd hate to give up on that.

I don't know what I could say that could possibly contribute to a more
successful GGC in the future. I wish Lloyd all the best with the
GGC2005. I know he and the rest of the committee will do a great job.

Jo-Ann
Old February 9th, 2004, 01:28 AM
EileenMcDonald

Not with the GGC2004 group. No, I would rather have an orgy with
circus people.

Figures, you ARE circus people. Keepin' it in the family an' all.

Eileen

---