GGC2004........ what are you doing?

Old January 2nd, 2004, 11:13 PM
*muffin*

Default GGC2004........ what are you doing?

hi gang.

so what tour excursions are you planning on? & anything offbeat that the
rest of us may want to know about??

do some of you have suggestions for Key west & the other ports that we can
chatter over?

I HOPE you guys are remembering to bring a bottle of wine to the traditional
wine tasting party.. ( of course NOT mandatory,, just come by,, but we do
have some nice things show up that we might never see again)

I have read nothing about a door decorating contest.. is this one of the
traditions that is disappearing??

Muffin getting suitcases out,, & counting how many I need this time (g)

Old January 2nd, 2004, 11:41 PM
Mary Foster

Dawn, I haven't heard much about much of anything! However, that doesn't
have to stop us. If we want a door decorating contest, then let's have one,
and I'll volunteer to be a judge....
Mary

Old January 3rd, 2004, 12:07 AM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , *muffin*
wrote:

hi gang.

so what tour excursions are you planning on? & anything offbeat that the
rest of us may want to know about??

do some of you have suggestions for Key west & the other ports that we can
chatter over?

I HOPE you guys are remembering to bring a bottle of wine to the traditional
wine tasting party.. ( of course NOT mandatory,, just come by,, but we do
have some nice things show up that we might never see again)

I have read nothing about a door decorating contest.. is this one of the
traditions that is disappearing??

Muffin getting suitcases out,, & counting how many I need this time (g)

Key West for me is just ho-hum. I lived there for about 5 years, so
there is not much I haven't seen. I think that George and I are going
to slip over into town and get a Cuban sandwich and some Key Lime pie.
Or at least that was the last I heard.

Becca had brought up about some beach in Roatan that had lobster and
shrimp as part of the day deal. I'm thinking about that one, it sounds
interesting and a bite to eat on the beach is always good.

I've got my suitcases out, my list made and my tux and blazer in the
cleaners. So I'm just nearly packed, just a few things for the last
minute... ;-)

--
Lloyd

Carnival Tropicale 2000
GGC2002 Carnival Sensation
GGC2003 Golden Princess
GGC2004 Radiance of the Seas
GLC2005 Celebrity Millenium
Old January 3rd, 2004, 12:34 AM
Judy Berlin

Default GGC2004........Door Decorating

Hi Lloyd, Mary and the rest of my GGC Friends,

One of the traditions I plan to continue is the fun-filled
door decorating contest. I would like to invite Mary and you
Lloyd to help me with the judging of this event. In addition
to Mary and Lloyd I am looking for at least two more
volunteers to assist with social functions.

To volunteer just email me.

Judy
Your GGC 2004 Hostess

Lloyd Parsons wrote:
In article , *muffin*
wrote:

[...]

Peter Berlin's Travel Center
http://peterberlin.com
800-874-6040 / 954-974-6040

Old January 3rd, 2004, 12:44 AM
George Leppla

"Lloyd Parsons" wrote

Key West for me is just ho-hum. I lived there for about 5 years, so
there is not much I haven't seen. I think that George and I are going
to slip over into town and get a Cuban sandwich and some Key Lime pie.
Or at least that was the last I heard.

You bet. I have never had a piece of genuine Key Lime Pie in Key West so it
is about time.

I think Becca, I, Brenda Danner and her Mom and anyone else who wants to
join us are going to the Maya Princess Resort on Roatan. We went there on
the Paradise group cruise and it was great. beautiful, sandy beach, $2
beach chairs under the palm trees. There are bathroom and bar
facilities.... and food service and as I recall, the prices were very low.
We dickered with a few cabbies and got round trip cabs for $15 pp plus a
tip. Averages seems to run from $15 to $20 pp.

Miniature golf in Cozumel? Maybe a ride to Mr. Sancho's for a swim and
drink and snack. I am pretty open and flexible... including the idea of
staying on board at a port or two and enjoying the Solarium in relative
quiet.

Oh... and don't forget that Jo-Ann Doherty is heading up a collection of
donations for the orphanage on Roatan. I'm sure she will post a reminder
about that before we leave.

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy 3 - Carnival Conquest http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
The Mother of All Group Cruises http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:29 AM
Mary Foster

Judy, I'd happily help out in judging the doors.
Mary

"Judy Berlin" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi Lloyd, Mary and the rest of my GGC Friends,

One of the traditions I plan to continue is the fun-filled
door decorating contest. I would like to invite Mary and you
Lloyd to help me with the judging of this event. In addition
to Mary and Lloyd I am looking for at least two more
volunteers to assist with social functions.

To volunteer just email me.

Judy
Your GGC 2004 Hostess

Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:33 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"George Leppla" wrote in message

Oh... and don't forget that Jo-Ann Doherty is heading up a collection of
donations for the orphanage on Roatan. I'm sure she will post a reminder
about that before we leave.

You beat me to it George, I was just going to remind everyone about that. So
far I have gotten bottles of children's non-aspirin, vitamins and packs of
pencils set aside. If I have room, I will add more~I don't think that they
can get too many vitamins or anything else that we might provide. Maybe
Joanne will add a few more things~~I do know she mentioned tablets or
writing paper and colors too. Maybe some coloring books and games that they
can play with~~help Joanne!

--Jean

Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:35 AM
Lloyd Parsons

OK, but it sounds an awful lot like an activity...

LLoyd

In article et, Judy
Berlin wrote:

Hi Lloyd, Mary and the rest of my GGC Friends,

One of the traditions I plan to continue is the fun-filled
door decorating contest. I would like to invite Mary and you
Lloyd to help me with the judging of this event. In addition
to Mary and Lloyd I am looking for at least two more
volunteers to assist with social functions.

To volunteer just email me.

Judy
Your GGC 2004 Hostess

Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:37 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Lloyd Parsons" wrote in message
news:020120041806516375% I have read nothing I've got my suitcases out,
my list made and my tux and blazer in the
cleaners. So I'm just nearly packed, just a few things for the last
minute... ;-)

--
Lloyd

Gee, Lloyd, you are just too efficient!

--Jean,~~hasn't even started yet! ;-(

Old January 3rd, 2004, 02:05 AM
Mary Foster

Lloyd, just walking down the hall making marks on a piece of paper is not an
activity, I promise!
Mary

Berlin wrote:

Hi Lloyd, Mary and the rest of my GGC Friends,

One of the traditions I plan to continue is the fun-filled
door decorating contest. I would like to invite Mary and you
Lloyd to help me with the judging of this event. In addition
to Mary and Lloyd I am looking for at least two more
volunteers to assist with social functions.

To volunteer just email me.

Judy
Your GGC 2004 Hostess