GGC2004........ what are you doing?

Old January 3rd, 2004, 02:19 AM
sheree

Default GGC2004........ what are you doing? key west

lloyd:
let me know any tips for key west and the keys. we're heading to grassy key
in feb for a oops, land vacation!

will be heading to key west as well and would love to know a great local
place for pie etc!

--
Sheree

"Lloyd Parsons" wrote in message
In article , *muffin*
wrote:

hi gang.

so what tour excursions are you planning on? & anything offbeat that the
rest of us may want to know about??

do some of you have suggestions for Key west & the other ports that we

can
chatter over?

I HOPE you guys are remembering to bring a bottle of wine to the

traditional
wine tasting party.. ( of course NOT mandatory,, just come by,, but we

do
have some nice things show up that we might never see again)

I have read nothing about a door decorating contest.. is this one of the
traditions that is disappearing??

Muffin getting suitcases out,, & counting how many I need this time

(g)

Key West for me is just ho-hum. I lived there for about 5 years, so
there is not much I haven't seen. I think that George and I are going
to slip over into town and get a Cuban sandwich and some Key Lime pie.
Or at least that was the last I heard.

Becca had brought up about some beach in Roatan that had lobster and
shrimp as part of the day deal. I'm thinking about that one, it sounds
interesting and a bite to eat on the beach is always good.

I've got my suitcases out, my list made and my tux and blazer in the
cleaners. So I'm just nearly packed, just a few things for the last
minute... ;-)

--
Lloyd

Carnival Tropicale 2000
GGC2002 Carnival Sensation
GGC2003 Golden Princess
GGC2004 Radiance of the Seas
GLC2005 Celebrity Millenium

Old January 3rd, 2004, 02:24 AM
normsr

Default GGC2004........ what are you doing?

I am going to try the PT boat ride, like Lloyd i have seen Key West a few
times, so i will try that.
Norm

Old January 3rd, 2004, 02:24 AM
Mary Foster

George, save me a seat! I'm in for the pie and for the Maya Princess. I
enjoyed Mr Sanchos so much the last time that I'm looking forward to going
there again too. Just save me a seat and let me know when to be where to
claim it!
Mary

"George Leppla" wrote in message

"Lloyd Parsons" wrote

Key West for me is just ho-hum. I lived there for about 5 years, so
there is not much I haven't seen. I think that George and I are going
to slip over into town and get a Cuban sandwich and some Key Lime pie.
Or at least that was the last I heard.

You bet. I have never had a piece of genuine Key Lime Pie in Key West so

it
is about time.

I think Becca, I, Brenda Danner and her Mom and anyone else who wants to
join us are going to the Maya Princess Resort on Roatan. We went there on
the Paradise group cruise and it was great. beautiful, sandy beach, $2
beach chairs under the palm trees. There are bathroom and bar
facilities.... and food service and as I recall, the prices were very low.
We dickered with a few cabbies and got round trip cabs for $15 pp plus a
tip. Averages seems to run from $15 to $20 pp.

Miniature golf in Cozumel? Maybe a ride to Mr. Sancho's for a swim and
drink and snack. I am pretty open and flexible... including the idea of
staying on board at a port or two and enjoying the Solarium in relative
quiet.

Oh... and don't forget that Jo-Ann Doherty is heading up a collection of
donations for the orphanage on Roatan. I'm sure she will post a reminder
about that before we leave.

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy 3 - Carnival Conquest http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
The Mother of All Group Cruises http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old January 3rd, 2004, 02:37 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Lloyd Parsons" wrote in message
news:020120041806516375% traditions that is I've got my suitcases out,
my list made and my tux and blazer in the
cleaners. So I'm just nearly packed, just a few things for the last
minute... ;-)

--
Lloyd

Lloyd, you are just too efficient!

--Jean~~~hasn't even started.

Old January 3rd, 2004, 03:04 AM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

"Lloyd Parsons" wrote in message
news:020120041806516375% traditions that is I've got my suitcases out,
my list made and my tux and blazer in the
cleaners. So I'm just nearly packed, just a few things for the last
minute... ;-)

--
Lloyd

Lloyd, you are just too efficient!

--Jean~~~hasn't even started.

You realize that no actual clothes are in those bags don't you?? G

LLoyd
Old January 3rd, 2004, 03:06 AM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , sheree
wrote:

lloyd:
let me know any tips for key west and the keys. we're heading to grassy key
in feb for a oops, land vacation!

will be heading to key west as well and would love to know a great local
place for pie etc!

I left there in 1978, so I suspect most of the places that I was around
are either newly named, or somehow different.

But if I was doing a land vacation in KW, I would probably be offshore
fishing everyday!

LLoyd
Old January 3rd, 2004, 03:09 AM
Jean O'Boyle

O'Boyle wrote:

Lloyd, you are just too efficient!

--Jean~~~hasn't even started.

You realize that no actual clothes are in those bags don't you?? G

No kidding! Maybe I left some in from my last cruise in November! ;-)

--Jean

Old January 3rd, 2004, 08:21 AM
Terry

Hi Muffin,
Candace and I have no organized tours booked for this GGC, no plans at
all really.........however...........
We kinda want to follow George and LLoyd in Key West IF they will have
us & IF we can keep up?! Ha!
In Grand Caymen we will likely shop within walking distance or we may
stay on the ship this time.
In Cozumel we are up for mini-golfing, and we are defiantly up for a
trip to "Mr Sanchos" most likely followed by a stop at "Carlos &
Charlie's".......and then room service for dinner VBG.
In Roatan we would Love to go to the beach with Becca.
So no REAL "set plans" for us, We just want to soak up the sun as much
as possible and go with our cruise friends wherever they go!
We will have that lunch one day with you and Dennis too I hope!
We had so much fun with the spontaneous "single's contingent" on the GGC
last year that no plan seems like the best plan for us!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if we are going to have a "meet and greet" place and
time each evening on the Radiance?? I sure hope so!!!!!!!

Terry.........spent yesterday trying on "cruise" clothes YUK.......but
I am ready to GO NOW! We will be there Friday !/23 ready for
HUGS............see you then.......

Terry_ Seattle
http://GGC2004.com

Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:00 PM
Peter T

We are doing two trips from the GGC2004 web site, Beach party at Cozumel and
3 stop snorkel trip at Grand Caymen, gotta do those stingrays again.
Key West & Roatan are new ports for us, so we'll probably explore.
Anyone hired a car in Roatan?

Peter & Norma

Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:28 PM
George Leppla

"Mary Foster" wrote in message

George, save me a seat! I'm in for the pie and for the Maya Princess. I
enjoyed Mr Sanchos so much the last time that I'm looking forward to going
there again too.

No problem. You know you are always welcome to join me on any of the side
trips we take. We'll make more definitive plans once we are on the ship.