Baggage Limits / Last Day Storage

Old June 10th, 2004, 02:12 AM
*bicker*

Default Baggage Limits / Last Day Storage

Are cruise line baggage limits similar to the airlines?

We're arriving back in port at 8am on our final day, and our
flight home leaves at 5pm. What arrangements can we make
with regard to our baggage?

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html

Old June 10th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"*bicker*" wrote in message
. ..
Are cruise line baggage limits similar to the airlines?

We're arriving back in port at 8am on our final day, and our
flight home leaves at 5pm. What arrangements can we make
with regard to our baggage?

Bicker, are you per chance arriving a day early and spending the night in a
hotel, precruise? The only thing I can suggest is that if you are, that you
talk to the hotel desk manager and explain your circumstances and ask if you
could leave it in their baggage room for a few hours on your return...Short
of renting a car for the day and taking it with you, there is nothing else I
can think of.
Good Luck!
--Jean

Old June 10th, 2004, 12:06 PM
*bicker*

A Thu, 10 Jun 2004 02:26:00 GMT, "Jean O'Boyle"
escribió:
"*bicker*" wrote in message
. ..
Are cruise line baggage limits similar to the airlines?
We're arriving back in port at 8am on our final day, and our
flight home leaves at 5pm. What arrangements can we make
with regard to our baggage?

Bicker, are you per chance arriving a day early and spending the night in a
hotel, precruise?

Pre-cruise, yes. Does that help?

The only thing I can suggest is that if you are, that you
talk to the hotel desk manager and explain your circumstances and ask if you
could leave it in their baggage room for a few hours on your return...Short
of renting a car for the day and taking it with you, there is nothing else I
can think of.

I thought of the latter myself. It could indeed be very
useful to have a car to buzz around San Juan that day, so
maybe that's the best bet. Our package include a transfer
back to the airport from the dock, so I suppose we can just
go from there right to the rental car desk. Sound
reasonable?

Old June 11th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Thomas Smith

"*bicker*" wrote in message
. ..
Are cruise line baggage limits similar to the airlines?

No. There is no limit as to the number of pieces or the weight. However,
U.S. Customs may get suspicious if you try to drag 31 pieces of luggage off
the ship.

We're arriving back in port at 8am on our final day, and our
flight home leaves at 5pm. What arrangements can we make
with regard to our baggage?

Check with your airline. Some airlines allow you to check your luggage six
hours before your flight. Also, while your ship docks at 8:00 am, you most
likely won't start debarking the ship until 9:00 at the earliest, and it can
take an hour or more to completely clear the ship. Add another hour to
clear customs, get transportation, and get to the airport, that puts you at
the airport six hours before your flight. Also, the cruise line most likely
offers a tour of the port city (not cheap, but it is an option) which
usually includes transportation to the airport. This will also help you
kill tome between debarkation and your arrival at the airport.

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html

Hope this helps.

Tom Smith

Old June 11th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Larry Simon

This happened to us on our last trip, disembarking in Ft. Lauderdale. We
rented a car for about 40 for the day. The car rental companies picked us
up at the cruise terminal. We drove to a couple places in FLL - had lunch
at a restaurant at the beach and Las Olas blvd, walked the beach, etc. Just
carried our luggage around with us.

. ..