5 in a cabin?

Old October 26th, 2006, 06:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default 5 in a cabin?

Are there any cruise ships left that can fit 5 people in one cabin? I
know Carnival's older ships (like Fascination) had big enough cabins
that they could fit a rollaway in a 4 person stateroom. My family
cruised like that in 1998 and it was great! Are there any others?

Old October 26th, 2006, 12:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Many ships do. The Celebrity Century class ships (Century, Galaxy and
Mercury) and Millennium class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Summit and
Constellation) have family cabins that sleep 5 with a sliding French Style
Divider Door that lets you separate the cabin into 2 sections if you wish.
On the Millennium class ships these cabins come with balconies. There's a
queen bed in one section, and 3 singles on the other side of the divider
(one an upper IIRC). You don't even need a roll away. Here's the layout.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan...=O&shipCode=GL

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan...=B&shipCode=CS

oups.com...

Old October 27th, 2006, 04:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker

It was pointed out that Disney cabins has split bathrooms. Yet, this is not
in all, but indeed in most of their cabins. This would help somewhat with 5
passengers in one cabin. Likewise, there is some very good advice others
have included here, but to me it is not always a good idea to rely on
generic or blanket answers. Naturally, a suite should fit the bill, but my
impression here is, we're talking about a typical cabin.

Based on your itinerary, have your travel agent call the cruise line(s) in
question, to get the information right from the source. You simply may be
passing up something that would work just fine, just because it was not
listed on this newsgroup.

John Sisker

Old October 27th, 2006, 04:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus

John, this comment says virtually nothing. What information does it
contain?

Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---
In the periodic table, as in politics,
Old October 27th, 2006, 02:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Paradise

Nonnymus wrote:
John, this comment says virtually nothing. What information does it
contain?

A person needing a cabin for 5 most likely isn't looking for a suite. I
have 5 (3 kids and 2 parents) in my family and we either do 2
connecting inside cabins or the parents in a balcony and the kids
across in an inside. Cost is a factor so suites are out.