Hong Kong Guide book/help needed ASAP

Old November 17th, 2008, 01:55 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default Hong Kong Guide book/help needed ASAP

Hi all,

I'm in Manilla now and have checked almost every book store in the
city looking for ANY guide book on Hong Kong. I can't find a thing.
I can't even find the pirated copies that seem to be all over the
other asian city markets

I'm flying there Friday afternoon and would like to have some sort of
game plan in place (going to be there for about 6 days).

Do you have any idea as to where I can find a decent book upon
arrival? I have gone into many cities "blindfolded" and things have
turned out fine, but since my time is short I would prefer not to
waste a couple of days on logistics.

Thanks

Old November 17th, 2008, 07:25 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL

On Nov 17, 5:55*am, wrote:
Hi all,

I'm in Manilla now and have checked almost every book store in the
city looking for ANY guide book on Hong Kong. *I can't find a thing.
I can't even find the pirated copies that seem to be all over the
other asian city markets

I'm flying there Friday afternoon and would like to have some sort of
game plan in place (going to be there for about 6 days).

Do you have any idea as to where I can find a decent book upon
arrival? *I have gone into many cities "blindfolded" and things have
turned out fine, but since my time is short I would prefer not to
waste a couple of days on logistics.

Thanks

Guide books? You live in the last century? Try this one:

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/usa/index.jsp

They also have offices in HK when you get there. There is one at the
Ferry terminal on the Kowloon side.
Old November 18th, 2008, 01:02 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

try to go to this website and u can just print the map and various of
interesting places to visit in Hong Kong like Temple Street Night
Market and Victoria Peak. they even include pictures too so that u can
get a clearer view.

http://www.thereareplaces.com/Guideb...ia/chhkpts.htm

hope it will help u..

xoxo,
aineecumi

neway, my secret to release tension is playing this game a
href=http://www.gamestotal.com http://www.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.com http://uc.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://gc.gamestotal.com http://gc.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.com http://3700ad.gamestotal.com /a
a href=http://manga.gamestotal.com http://manga.gamestotal.com /a

Old January 27th, 2009, 05:26 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
stylehk

This is probably a little too late now but you can buy guidebooks at
Hong Kong airport, or if you're in Tsim Sha Tsui, Central or Causeway
Bay, Page One is the best English book store with plenty of choices for
travel books.

--
stylehk

Share your experiences in the forums, blogs, videos, and online
community at 'TRAVEL.com' (http://forums.TRAVEL.com).
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old January 27th, 2009, 09:08 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:26:35 -0600, stylehk
wrote:

This is probably a little too late now

Um, yeah, I reckon it may be.

He posted in mid-November that "I'm flying there Friday
afternoon and would like to have some sort of game plan in
place (going to be there for about 6 days)."

but you can buy guidebooks at
Hong Kong airport, or if you're in Tsim Sha Tsui, Central or Causeway
Bay, Page One is the best English book store with plenty of choices for
travel books.

But maybe someone else is heading that way:-)

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Latest: Drivers, Stepped Wells and Baolis