Philadelphia to Bermuda - Should I expect choppy seas?

Old September 12th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Rich Cacace

Default Philadelphia to Bermuda - Should I expect choppy seas?

I've never been on a Bermuda cruise where there weren't a few green faces
even in clam water but right now I would expect thing to be rough to say the
least.

wrote in message
We are leaveing 9/28 for only our second cruise. Should we expect the
ocean to be choppier than the Carribian?

Old September 12th, 2003, 03:38 PM
SNUMBER6

From: "Rich Cacace" richcacace-REMOVETO

I've never been on a Bermuda cruise where there weren't a few green faces
even in clam water but right now I would expect thing to be rough to say the
least.

The link below gives the wave heights across the Atlantic ...

http://www.weatherimages.org/data/imag147.html

The Philly - Bermuda run seems like a cake walk compared to a transatlantic ...

but you're right about the atlantic having strongs seas quite often ...

Be seeing you
In the Village
Number 6

Old September 12th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Susan Davidson

I've never been on a Bermuda cruise where there weren't a few green faces
even in clam water

Clam juice has a similar effect too!

Sue
..
Old September 13th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Jimoran

I've never been on a Bermuda cruise where there weren't a few green faces
even in clam water

Clam juice has a similar effect too!

Sue

I remember in the '60s, after Erie, Pa., had a racial disturbance, followed by
a night of calm, a newspaper reported "Clam descends on Erie."

My favorite typo of all time is when Winston Churchill fell and broke his
thigh, a newspaper headline reported:

"LONDON -- Former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill today fell and
broke his thing."
Jimoran

Old September 13th, 2003, 06:51 AM
Schaller MACAW

Yes! I read some where that Bermuda cruises were cancelled & will go to
canada (dull cruise) & if you don't like it you can only get a 75%
refund ! Been to Bermuda out of Philly twice & it rained the whole time
in port (both times) ! GOOD LUCK! BILL