Secrets to avoid seasickness?

Old September 12th, 2003, 11:38 AM
johnny

Default Secrets to avoid seasickness?

Aside from the normal medications, are there any other tricks/secrets to
avoid seasickness when your cruise encounters high seas? johnny

Old September 12th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Howard Garland

Definitely Johnny. Go out on deck and actually look at the horizon.
Although this may sound bizarre, it works.

Howard

Old September 12th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Pablo

Just don't think about...its all upstairs!

.net...

Old September 12th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Rich Cacace

Although I don't suffer to much from it I've found that if you constantly
eat small amounts of food & stay away from liquids (including soup) it
helps. Even on nights when my stomach feels queasy, after I eat that first
diner roll I feel much better. I've heard that eating apples & the saltine
crackers they hand out helps also but I would rather have solid food in
small quantities. Of course if your really seasick you wont want to eat
anything & the best you can do is get some fresh air.

.net...

Old September 12th, 2003, 03:40 PM
B D

RAY ----- I am surprised at your answer. I am a season cruising sailor
=== my husband and I have cruised 30 yrs in New England and for 9 yrs in
the Caribbean on our own sloop and I am subject to seasickness -- but I
LOVE cruising. The astronauts get motion sick.

Old September 12th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

johnny wrote:

Aside from the normal medications, are there any other tricks/secrets to
avoid seasickness when your cruise encounters high seas? johnny

Take ginger capsules, drink ginger ale or eat anything that has ginger
in it.

sue

Old September 12th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Annie Mooney Neves

Along that thought, get a bag of candied ginger. My sister gets motion
sick just getting up a ladder, and she swears by it!

==Annie by the Bay
(took a road trip from NM to CA with sis in April, and she didn't get
car sick at all!)

Old September 12th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Danni

"Annie Mooney Neves" wrote in message
Along that thought, get a bag of candied ginger. My sister gets motion
sick just getting up a ladder, and she swears by it!

==Annie by the Bay
(took a road trip from NM to CA with sis in April, and she didn't get
car sick at all!)

That's been my secret, Annie. Throw it in the suitcase and it's there if I
need it.

Also helps if you go a little (you should pardon the expression) overboard
at dinner. : )

Danni

Old September 12th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Tom & Linda

Lad... There ain't a lot of secrets.

That's why the make the normal medications.

One Bonine tablet a day.

--Tom