Statendam in room safes

Old September 13th, 2003, 03:25 AM
bob

Default Statendam in room safes

I am trying to compare the Veendam and the Statendam.

I was on the Veendam and my cabin had an in cabin safe.

I plan to travel on the Statendam and while looking at an on line
travel agency it said that the Statendam was older than the Veendam.

It seemed that the Veendam cabins have in cabin safes but the
Statendam does not have in cabin safes.

Can any body confirm whether the Statendam has an in room safe
(category A) or not?

TIA

Bob
Old September 13th, 2003, 05:43 AM
K. Keeney

We had an in-room safe on the Statendam. We had a mid-range outside
cabin, I don't remember the category.

KK

Old September 13th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Dick Goldhaber

They are essentially the same ship and have the same amenities. They both
have the same in cabin safes and we have trusted our stuff that needed to be
secure there for our last six cruises.

--DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old September 13th, 2003, 02:05 PM
bob

Thanks. I thought that they were, as you say, essentially the same
ship but the Veendam was built 6 years later. I thought that a safe
was a relatively minor change and might be available on one sister
ship but not on another.

Bob

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:22:11 -0400, "Dick Goldhaber"
wrote:

They are essentially the same ship and have the same amenities. They both
have the same in cabin safes and we have trusted our stuff that needed to be
secure there for our last six cruises.

--DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

.. .