1 week Cruise and 1 week stat at the DR

Old January 23rd, 2004, 12:58 PM
Marc Schwarz

Default 1 week Cruise and 1 week stat at the DR

Hi,
I plan on going to the DR for one week and one week on a cruise (end of
may/beginning of june). I'm 26 and like to have a nice nightlife (every
evening) - prefered music is Merengue and Salsa. I also want to see the
island and not only the beach.
Which town/ressort do you suggest for having a lot of fun, a nice beach and
see some locals? - I dislike these hotelcities.
Can you recommend any cruise-companies/ships where the average age of the
travelers isn't that high and the party on board is nice (merengue/salsa?)?
A nice price also would be very nice. When is the best time to book the
cruise long in advance or short before the trip?

If there arent any ships leaving from the DR to Puerto Rico, PR would also
be OK.

How expensive is it to get from the DR to Puerto Rico (by ship/plane?).

Any tips will be highly appreciated.

Marc

Old January 23rd, 2004, 04:43 PM
Rqf

There are no cruise lines that I know of that begin or end cruises in
the DR. The closest island where cruises begin and end is Puerto Rico.
Airfare to the DR is around $300 rt.
The DR is known for its all inclusive resorts. You can get information
on DR resorts at www.debbiesdominicantravel.com.
Old January 24th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Joe

Hi Mark
The real treat is found inland, in the Cordillera Central (the
Dominican Highlands). The area around Bonao (Los Quemados especially)
is so unspoiled that. An ideal escape from the tourist hordes frying
their brains on the beach.

There are so many things to do like horseback riding, hiking to
waterfalls, swimming in freshwater streams, and hiring bikes and
motorcycles to explore the winding roads. Write back to me if you want
more information.

Old January 26th, 2004, 08:17 PM
JanetLDD

i would not recommend the occidental allegro playa grande in rio san juan. the
hotel staff did not really care. my in laws called a few times . they said we
could not be found. it was an emergency. there is a paging system. they would
not even take a message.
we also were there when they ran out of hot water
Old January 27th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Marc Schwarz

Rqf wrote:
There are no cruise lines that I know of that begin or end cruises in
the DR. The closest island where cruises begin and end is Puerto Rico.
Airfare to the DR is around $300 rt.
The DR is known for its all inclusive resorts. You can get information
on DR resorts at www.debbiesdominicantravel.com.

Thanks, Ill check that one out.

Marc