Disappointment on Celebrity Century

Old December 29th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

Just rental contracts endlessly paying The Man, getting nothing but a
cubbyhole in return. I have a mortgage...and two fully paid for houses.

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:04:15 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

Nothing like real estate as an investment. Someone told me that years
ago, and I'm so glad I wasn't too young and stupid to ignore them.

Karens

We are in that process of rethinking or whole housing situation. Hubby has
a hard on for a full log cabin in the NC/TN Smokies and we are building up
there. Our Atlanta home is great but the traffic is terrible and getting
around in a timely fashion is nearly unheard of.

I'm pitching to sell and build in Provo and to dump our too rarely used
place in the California desert.

What all this means is less cruising. We had three planned, will be lucky
to get in one except for group cruise in July.

None of this would had been possible if when we first got married we bought
a house....for $12,500. We refurbed it, rented it bought a newer one, did
the same etc. It wasn't fun then but it has paid dividends now.

Hubby gets restless and every four or five years he makes a major career
change. Drives me nuts. LOL I move along with him as we do most everything
together as partners. He wants back in the development business both
newfangled software and residential real estate.

Want a log home?
Old December 29th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

Want a log home?

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:47:37 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

Actually, I'd love one ... very cozy!

Very practical too.

Hans wanted to start a
post-law enforcement retirement career, but I'm happy at home, finally
being a housewife and doing a bit of freelance writing.

What ya writing about?

Life is good.

Happy 2005!

Karen

Same to you and to Hans.
Old December 30th, 2004, 02:03 AM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:43:34 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

What ya writing about?

Usenet LOL!

Karen

Somebody ought to mess up your hair for that.

Hope it's Hans.
Old December 30th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:23:36 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

(Look for "USENET CANDLE: Essays and Anthologies" coming to bookstores
soon)

Karen
(and you thought I've been idle since retiring)

Aw, no kidding. That's great. I'll trade you my yetbutmayneverbepublished
Middle East novel for a copy of yours.