PACKING/WORST PART OF CRUISE

Old March 2nd, 2005, 12:54 PM
Fred

"Marsha L" wrote in message
Obviously "I" haven't had the luxury of being able to share bags... and
always carry "essential" in a carry on.

Then "You" are missing out.

Old March 3rd, 2005, 12:56 AM
Lola

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. com...

Me too, Rob, it is stressful to wonder if you have not forgotten

something,
the ironing and choosing *enough* clothes only to find out that you have
over packed! Then if you are spending days away before your cruise, you
have to decide the order the clothes go into the suitcases, so you don't
have to be pulling things you need out of the bottom of the suitcase and
repacking the whole suitcase to prevent wrinkles! Once we are on the

plane,
I'm happy as a lark and relax ...probably because I'm saying to myself,

"If
I forgot something, we'll just buy it!" Returning from a cruise is less
stressful...after a great cruise, the only worries a ..will we have
enough room for all that we bought and will we have our suitcases packed

and
outside the cabin door in time! But it is sooo worth it all!

--Jean

Well, I have decided to take two smaller suitcases for our two weeks away,
one will be for the land portion of Alaska where we will not require any
formal or fancy clothes, and we will do laundry the morning before we board
the cruise. These clothes will also work for day time activities while on
the cruise (which mostly will not be ship excursions at port thanks to
wonderful info from Jean). The other suitcase will be for the cruise
evenings and I have bought almost all slinky clothes which don't wrinkle at
all, take little room to pack and can easily be rinsed out if needed. I
will be bringing a long velvet gown too, but think it will fold up without
wrinkling since it's poly/spandex. I also bought a reversible jacket that
will give me two great looks. Last time we went on a cruise I brought so
much luggage it was obscene, this time I am definitely downsizing!

BTW, you can get some great slinky clothes on Ebay for very reasonable
prices!

Laura

Old March 3rd, 2005, 01:47 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Lola" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Lola,
Sounds as if you are all set! Just be sure to* layer* your clothing and
bring a jacket with a parka and zip-out lining for when you are up on deck
viewing the beautiful scenery and glaciers... Last July, we only took two
short sleeved tops and the rest long sleeved shirts and sweatshirts and the
tables were turned on us. We ended up with hot unseasonable weather, mid
80's-90's) in Anchorage...Glad there was a Penney's nearby to pick up a few
more short sleeved shirts and shorts!

Did you say which ship you are taking? Wouldn't be the Ryndam that we will
be on July 17, would it? It would really be nice to meet you... If not, have
a wonderful time in Alaska and on your cruise, too!

--Jean

Old March 4th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Lola

"
Hi Lola,
Sounds as if you are all set! Just be sure to* layer* your clothing and
bring a jacket with a parka and zip-out lining for when you are up on deck
viewing the beautiful scenery and glaciers... Last July, we only took two
short sleeved tops and the rest long sleeved shirts and sweatshirts and

the
tables were turned on us. We ended up with hot unseasonable weather, mid
80's-90's) in Anchorage...Glad there was a Penney's nearby to pick up a

few
more short sleeved shirts and shorts!

Did you say which ship you are taking? Wouldn't be the Ryndam that we will
be on July 17, would it? It would really be nice to meet you... If not,

have
a wonderful time in Alaska and on your cruise, too!

--Jean

Hi Jean,

Yes, we will be on the Ryndam, but unfortunately we will not be on the same
dates as you, our cruise departs on June 5.
It would have been a pleasure to meet you! We will have a wonderful time,
even if things go wrong we'll make the best of it!
I hope your trip is great as well. I will soon be booking the coastal
helicopter tour to the glacier in Juneau and am very excited about it.
We will still take the flightseeing plane that goes to Mt. McKinley as well,
it's already booked and sounds like fun too.

Laura (aka Lola)

Old March 5th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Lola

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
Laura, please post a review on the Ryndam when you return in June..
Have a great time... You are going with the right attitude, so I'm sure

that
you will!

--Jean

Will do, Jean! I decided today to take a small journal with me, just hope
I'm disciplined enough to use it!!
Laura