critics and elderly whiners for cruise ships

Old January 18th, 2007, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dremac373

Default critics and elderly whiners for cruise ships

I agree with Dillins statement about complaining and wantin some
compensation cause of bad weather..so people just cant be
satisfied...They will complain cause they could not get off ship the
will complain if they had to sit on a tender during this bad weather
for a longer then expected time cause of the weather and make it out to
be the cruise lines fault that they cold not get to disembark!! geez
leweez!!! Yeah the cruise line purposely decided to head to the Island
in bad weather just so that you could not get off the ship...These same
people would complain if the cruise line decided not to sail during the
roughest sea time and the only avail. dates did not fit into thier
vacation times!! never happy, go figure. I see complaint like this
forum after forum not just for cruises but for resort type forums as
well. You would not believe the number of complains after the resort
did all they could do when hit by hurricanes in Cancun, These people
did not check the weather before they left??? Be realistic when filing
a complaint

--
Dremac373
Please reply to the newsgroup or PM me at TRAVEL.com.

Old January 19th, 2007, 03:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Nonnymus wrote:
JP wrote:

Your best bet for handling troubles on a cruise would be to print up some
business cards identifying yourself as an attorney, specializing in admirity
laws. Have it list your true name and address along with your telephone
number. Then, if you have to complain, whip one of your cards on the cruise
offical and sound off about what is wrong.
The idea that you are a lawyer will grease the wheels for a very good comp
for your troubles. The cruise line will hate the idea that you might file a
lawsuit upon your return home. Nothing scares a person more than the idea
that they are dealing with a lawyer, who knows all the angles.
As far as I know, there is no law against impersonating a lawyer.

Tried that several times, John. I got put off the ship in Barbados, St.
Maartin, Cozumel and Key West for doing it and each time it cost me a
bundle to get back home. kidding, of course

Ermalee will remember something that we DID do once in New Orleans when
we did a Sleazy with the McCauleys and the fabulous Peter and Mary
Bugda. Peter, Mary, Mrs. Nonny and I all used photos of ourselves and
made up "Food Inspector" tags. In bold letters were the initials NOLA,
and I found a picture of some city's official seal on the Internet. I
laminated the four cards- Mrs Nonny's included her in an old Nurse's
uniform, and we hung them from our necks with lanyards. The cards sure
looked "official," and you cannot believe the good food and service we
got while killing a couple days in New Orleans.

I do it with a camera. It seems to make people nervous if they see me
taking pictures of the restaurant and the food. Sometimes they will
even tell me that it is against the rules. (Once I got that in a
Little Caesar's pizza place.)
Old January 19th, 2007, 03:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:13:24 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote:

I do it with a camera. It seems to make people nervous if they see me
taking pictures of the restaurant and the food. Sometimes they will
even tell me that it is against the rules. (Once I got that in a
Little Caesar's pizza place.)

Hi Rosalie,

I am not surprised. As I understand it many franchise business
agreements specifically forbid photos taken in their establishments.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old January 19th, 2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

wrote:

I do it with a camera. It seems to make people nervous if they see me
taking pictures of the restaurant and the food. Sometimes they will
even tell me that it is against the rules. (Once I got that in a
Little Caesar's pizza place.)

Hi Rosalie,

I am not surprised. As I understand it many franchise business
agreements specifically forbid photos taken in their establishments.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

That's the first time it has ever come up, and I've eaten in a LOT of
franchise restaurants. I don't see how they can keep you from taking
a picture of the outside of the restaurant. And if there was a
prohibition on taking photos inside, I would want to see it posted
somewhere that photos were forbidden before I would comply.

I think it is a stupid idea anyway - especially for a take-out place
where you can just take the food outside and photograph it, which is
what I did. If I've paid for the food, it is mine. I can throw it in
the trash or photograph it if I want.

There was an issue with some chef in Washington D.C. where she came
out and screamed at someone who took a photo with their cell phone.
It seems to me that someone that insecure that doesn't want their food
photographed can't be very good - the only exception I can see is for
sushi or something like that where the presentation is a large part of
the food.

Old January 19th, 2007, 09:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Rosalie B.
wrote:

That's the first time it has ever come up, and I've eaten in a LOT of
franchise restaurants. I don't see how they can keep you from taking
a picture of the outside of the restaurant. And if there was a
prohibition on taking photos inside, I would want to see it posted
somewhere that photos were forbidden before I would comply.

They can forbid photos on their property inside, or outside if it is on
their property. They don't have to post anything.

--
Charles