First Time Cruisers...Need help

Old March 22nd, 2007, 06:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Default First Time Cruisers...Need help

"Diana Ball" wrote:

"Boomer" wrote:
It not worth the risk of getting sick & ruining the whole cruise just for
the sake of trying a taco or burrito in Mexico just to say you've tasted
their cuisine.

With all due respect, this reflects a lack of education about the status of
safe food preparation in the touristed parts of Mexico you will reach via
cruise ship. For those who view a cruise as the point of your travels, it's
perfectly fine to leave the research and local experience to others.
However, for readers who cruise to also get a taste of the places you port,
I'd heartily encourage you to do some homework before prejudging Mexican
dining as "off limits." Minding a few do's and don'ts, we've happily eaten
our way through Mexico many, many times.

IME, some people just have more easily upset digestive systems than
others. We did not have any digestive upsets in Mexico (a week in
Cozumel) , nor in 2 weeks in Belize, or a week en Barbados. My
daughter spent a week in a condo in Matzalan with her inlaws and her
MIL and BIL got sick, but no one else did.

I don't know that we ate any tacos or burritos.

Old March 23rd, 2007, 06:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
David Benson

We were in Cozumel on a Princess cruise last week. We took a ship-sponsored
tour to Passion Island. That is the island where the Corona beer
commercials are filmed. The beach was gorgeous. The tour included lunch,
which was very good, and an open bar serving Corona and rum punch. It was a
wonderful, relaxing trip!

David

"romig" wrote in message
news:542467_de70198043d6263903d02071e43f8e00@0000. com...
thanks for all your input is there any resturant that you could
suggest? also I have heard not to do the recommended excursions threw
the cruise line because they are so over priced...have yall used any
specific snokel companies or parasailing companies that you could
recommend....

"romig" wrote:
We our going on Splendour of the Seas on RCCL and our ports
are Cozumel and Costa Maya Mexico.....do you have any tips on
the best things to do or best places to eat. Thanks for
your input

Old March 27th, 2007, 03:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake romig :

We our going on Splendour of the Seas on RCCL and our ports are
Cozumel and Costa Maya Mexico.....do you have any tips on the best
things to do or best places to eat. Thanks for your input

La Mission in Cozumel.
--
dillon

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I've never
seen a .sig beat a Sig.
Old March 27th, 2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
bythehex

On Mar 20, 6:24 pm, romig wrote:
We our going on Splendour of the Seas on RCCL and our ports are
Cozumel and Costa Maya Mexico.....do you have any tips on the best
things to do or best places to eat. Thanks for your input

--
Posted at author's request, using fully moderatedhttp://www.TravelForumz.com/Cruises-forum-24.htmlinterface

For Cozumel, definitely do an excursion to Tulum to see the Mayan
ruins. It's awesome to see.

In Costa Maya, go to Majuhal beach. I don't think I spelled it right,
but it's only about a mile from the pier. Yes, there's a pool at the
pier, but it gets crowded and, frankly, if you're gonna go to a pool
you might as well stay on the ship. Majuhal Beach is this beautiful
beach. There are plenty of places to eat there - right across the dirt
road from the beach are taverns and souvenir stands galore. But the
water is so gorgeous, and you'll really enjoy yourselves there.
There's a website called www.cruisecritic.com. They have message
boards with information about all different destinations. You should
look it up and see what other people are saying.

Enjoy!
Sharon H.

Old March 27th, 2007, 02:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

bythehex wrote:
For Cozumel, definitely do an excursion to Tulum to see the Mayan
ruins. It's awesome to see.

Just be sure to do it with a ships excursion, not on your own. It is a
long excursion, if you went on your own and are late getting back to the
ship, it will not wait for you.

sue