Bermuda with NCL ?

Old February 18th, 2007, 12:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeri252

Default Bermuda with NCL ?

Hi, Need opinions on using NCL, Crown to Bermuda. We really like Celebrity
and use HAL most of the time. Celebrity is booking the Journey for this
summer. The prices are considerable more then the the Zenith. Everyone is
listing the same prices. NCL is about $1,100 less for the same cruise from
NY. Does anyone have opinions for or against using NCL? We have been to
Bermuda 6 years in a row and know the difference in the docking, etc.. Would
the dining and service be THAT much different then Celebrity? Thanks for any
and all replies. Jeri

Old February 18th, 2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

"Jeri252" wrote:

Hi, Need opinions on using NCL, Crown to Bermuda. We really like Celebrity
and use HAL most of the time. Celebrity is booking the Journey for this
summer. The prices are considerable more then the the Zenith. Everyone is
listing the same prices. NCL is about $1,100 less for the same cruise from
NY. Does anyone have opinions for or against using NCL? We have been to
Bermuda 6 years in a row and know the difference in the docking, etc.. Would
the dining and service be THAT much different then Celebrity? Thanks for any
and all replies. Jeri

I like the Crown and being able to dock in St. George and Hamilton.
When I'm in Bermuda, the ship is a hotel rather than a resort. I
generally eat on shore (and NCL has the option of Freestyle dining
ashore for ONE meal - you get a coupon for $25 for lunch or $50 for
dinner at specified restaurants - since Bermuda is so expensive, the
coupon to eat ashore is a very good deal - I think it includes the
service charges but there is a limited menu for the Freestyle
coupons).

I have not been on Celebrity so I can't speak to that. I like HAL,
but I don't think the extra charge would be worth it, especially for a
larger ship which would be stuck out at Kings Wharf.

If you want to have a good time, you will.

If you want to find fault, you can do that too.

Old February 18th, 2007, 01:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jeri252 wrote:
Hi, Need opinions on using NCL, Crown to Bermuda. We really like Celebrity
and use HAL most of the time. Celebrity is booking the Journey for this
summer. The prices are considerable more then the the Zenith. Everyone is
listing the same prices. NCL is about $1,100 less for the same cruise from
NY. Does anyone have opinions for or against using NCL? We have been to
Bermuda 6 years in a row and know the difference in the docking, etc.. Would
the dining and service be THAT much different then Celebrity? Thanks for any
and all replies. Jeri

A few of us from RTC booked the NCL Crown for the last week in august.
At the time of booking the only other choice, for a 7 day Bermuda
cruise, was the Zenith at a much higher price. Soon after that came the
announcement of the Journey and also at a very high price.

The itin. for the Crown is fine, it goes to St George and Hamilton, not
sure which days at each. I have also read good things about the ship
itself. I wasn't happy about trying FreeStyle dining, but figured I
would try it since we would be spending alot of time in Bermuda and I
could always eat ashore. The Crown also has a dine-shore program, I
believe Rosalie already told you about it.

Our group heard about some very good prices on the Journey and found
that by going on the labor day weekend the Journey prices were
excellant. We have switched from the NCL Crown to the Celebrity Journey,
sailing on labor day weekend.

If you can sail on labor day weekend or later, you might be able to find
some very good prices on the Journey!!

sue
Old February 18th, 2007, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Rosalie B. wrote:

I like the Crown and being able to dock in St. George and Hamilton.

The Celebrity Journey is also going to be docking in St. George and
Hamilton. It is the former R6 and carrys only 710 passengers, it is a
smaller ship then the NCL Crown.

sue
Old February 18th, 2007, 02:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
Our group heard about some very good prices on the Journey and found that
by going on the labor day weekend the Journey prices were excellant. We
have switched from the NCL Crown to the Celebrity Journey, sailing on
labor day weekend.

If you can sail on labor day weekend or later, you might be able to find
some very good prices on the Journey!!

The prices are even better for the week of Sept. 8th, so they must be coming
down even more.

--Jean

Old February 18th, 2007, 02:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

If you have been on Celebrity and HAL you will probably not
like the service on NCL. The food has gone downhill in
recent years and with "freestyle" cruising you will not have
the same waiter or busboy at your meals.

Was on NCL ship last year and 8 other NCL previously, along
with 7 other cruises and this was the worst cruise yet.
Food and service really lacked and no one seemed to care
about their passengers.

Old February 18th, 2007, 03:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John & Lola

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
Our group heard about some very good prices on the Journey and found that
by going on the labor day weekend the Journey prices were excellant. We
have switched from the NCL Crown to the Celebrity Journey, sailing on
labor day weekend.

If you can sail on labor day weekend or later, you might be able to find
some very good prices on the Journey!!

The prices are even better for the week of Sept. 8th, so they must be
coming down even more.

--Jean
I've checked around and I can't find a better price than what we paid.
Where were you looking Jean?

Lola in Hamilton

Old February 18th, 2007, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"John & Lola" wrote in message

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
Our group heard about some very good prices on the Journey and found
that by going on the labor day weekend the Journey prices were
excellant. We have switched from the NCL Crown to the Celebrity Journey,
sailing on labor day weekend.

If you can sail on labor day weekend or later, you might be able to find
some very good prices on the Journey!!

The prices are even better for the week of Sept. 8th, so they must be
coming down even more.

--Jean
I've checked around and I can't find a better price than what we paid.
Where were you looking Jean?

Lola in Hamilton

I fouind it on www.Vacationstogo.com copied below:

--Jean

More Info BERMUDA 800-419-5104
#12498 Info 7 Sep 1 Bayonne, NJ Celebrity / Celebrity Journey 4.5 NA
$1,109 NA Air Special!
#12787 Info 7 Sep 8 Bayonne, NJ Celebrity / Celebrity Journey 4.5 NA
$1,069 NA Air Special!
#12828 Info 7 Sep 15 Bayonne, NJ Celebrity / Celebrity Journey 4.5 NA
$1,149 NA Air Special!
#12846 Info 7 Sep 22 Bayonne, NJ Celebrity / Celebrity Journey 4.5 NA
$1,149 NA Air Special!
#13021 Info 7 Sep 29 Bayonne, NJ Celebrity / Celebrity Journey 4.5 NA
$1,149 NA

Old February 18th, 2007, 04:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John & Lola

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
et...

"John & Lola" wrote in message

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
Our group heard about some very good prices on the Journey and found
that by going on the labor day weekend the Journey prices were
excellant. We have switched from the NCL Crown to the Celebrity
Journey, sailing on labor day weekend.

If you can sail on labor day weekend or later, you might be able to
find some very good prices on the Journey!!

[...]

Was that with our without tax and port charges?

Lola in Hamilton