Bermuda with NCL ?

Old February 19th, 2007, 02:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Bermuda with NCL ?

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Answered Inline:
"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

If you get a crew like the Pacific Princess had, you will have it made!

If they are only half as friendly and talented, we will have it made(grin).

Jean, I know you sailed on of the "R" ships, any chance it was the R6
which is not going to be the Journey? Do you remember how handicapped
accessible the ship was? Our TA has said since it was built in 2000 it
should be ok, but I would love some first hand info. if possible.

We sailed on the Ren7 and I don't remember how accessible it was for the
handicapped...When you don't have or see anyone who is handicapped, you
don't really pay attention to those details...and it was in March, 2001.

Thanks anyway! I never paid attention to these things, but now that our
close friend is a parapelegic I am much more aware. I am hoping that
they will be cruising with us on the Journey.

sue
Old February 19th, 2007, 04:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

That is a guess. A good guess probably.... but just a guess that the
food and service will be much better.

I wouldn't count on it if my experience aboard Mercury is any
indication. Both food and service were mediocre to poor.

Warren

Old February 27th, 2007, 01:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

Default a Bermuda with NCL ?

you can mention my name!!! i guess we're the reason sept 1 is the latest.
marty will miss the first 2 days of school (th/fr) during which he claims
they get their schedules and see who's in their classes).
to save $200 for the 3 of us over the 8/25 crown was just ok, but to get a
balcony and sail on the new journey made it worthwhile.
sheree

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Whoa! I seem to remember that I'm the one who steered you all from the
NCL Crown to the Celebrity Journey because of this price for Sept.1st!
And I do know why you have chosen this sailing...all I am doing is
mentioning that as the later dates in September and October are getting
closer, the prices for one of those, Sept.8th, are now lower, so there is
a good possibility that the others will drop depending on demand during
those dates.

Yes Jean you are the one who alerted our group to the lower prices and I
am aware that you know all about who is cruising with us etc. After you
alerted us to the lowering prices, we found a very good price for sept. 1
and grabbed it.

I was just trying to agree with your information about the prices coming
down and at the same time I was trying not to mention names, reasons for
the date we picked etc.

I just wish you were able to join us on the Journey!!

sue

Old February 27th, 2007, 01:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

i think that food goes up and down according to line and ship. ncl had gone
down, but recent cruisers have said it has gotten quite good again. we
still think carnival of all lines has the best food consistently. princess
crown was very good as well.
sheree

"Tobie Gerbrandt" wrote in message

"LVTravel" wrote:

If you have been on Celebrity and HAL you will probably not
like the service on NCL. The food has gone downhill in
recent years and with "freestyle" cruising you will not have
the same waiter or busboy at your meals.

In the last year, we have sailed on Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Mercury,
Norwegian Dream, Carnival Conquest, and HAL Volendam.

To our surprise the Norwegian Dream had some of the best food we've had in
years onboard (especially the French Bread). The service on NCL was
always prompt and courteous even though we were served by multiple wait
staff.

We found the food and service to be inferior to what we have expected from
Celebrity on both ships, and the general cleanliness was sincerely lacking
on both the Infinity and the Mercury.

Also to our surprise, considering that we have sailed on HAL numerous
times before, both our room steward attendants, and dining room staff were
about the worst we have experienced on any ship in 44 cruises since 1984
on most of the cruise lines.

We are leaving in March for a second Trans Atlantic crossing on the
Oceania Regatta. Our first experience on this ship was a Lisbon to Miami
crossing in November, 2004. We found the staff, food, and service to be
superior to any of our other cruises to date. They also do not charge
extra for their specialty restaurants and we especially enjoyed the Polo
Grill (their steak house).

We found it easy to tip extra for the GREAT service on this ship.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Old February 27th, 2007, 02:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Sheree, Sheree, Sheree!!

This is one time Kevin and I could not go any later. We are going on
another cruise in Oct and he has to have some time back at work before
we cruise gain.lol

I can't wait for the Journey, Bermuda and a balcony to Bermuda!!

Sept. 1st is the day we are sailing if anyone else wants to join us!!

sue