First Time Cruisers...Need help

Old March 20th, 2007, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
romig

Default First Time Cruisers...Need help

We our going on Splendour of the Seas on RCCL and our ports are
Cozumel and Costa Maya Mexico.....do you have any tips on the best
things to do or best places to eat. Thanks for your input

--
Posted at author's request, using fully moderated http://www.TravelForumz.com/Cruises-forum-24.html interface
Old March 20th, 2007, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

eat on the ship, unless you love tacos!
news:542330_9ed89af0237465802f6b2dd437fbc784@trave lforumz.com...

Old March 21st, 2007, 12:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Best place to eat is on the ship,and costa maya is very nice,a pleasant
port to visit

cruise lover

Old March 21st, 2007, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Diane F

"romig" wrote in message
news:542330_9ed89af0237465802f6b2dd437fbc784@trave lforumz.com...
| We our going on Splendour of the Seas on RCCL and our ports are
| Cozumel and Costa Maya Mexico.....do you have any tips on the best
| things to do or best places to eat. Thanks for your input
|
| --
| Posted at author's request, using fully moderated
http://www.TravelForumz.com/Cruises-forum-24.html interface

Great place in Cozumel for lunch ---

http://www.loscincosoles.com/panchosbackyard/home.htm

Excellent margaritas and good food.

Haven't been to Costa Maya but I hear it isn't very developed so you don't
have many choices -- there is no big town to eat in.

Have fun --
Diane

Old March 21st, 2007, 03:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"romig" wrote in message
news:542330_9ed89af0237465802f6b2dd437fbc784@trave lforumz.com...
We our going on Splendour of the Seas on RCCL and our ports are
Cozumel and Costa Maya Mexico.....do you have any tips on the best
things to do or best places to eat. Thanks for your input

Cozumel has a Hard Rock Cafe... they have really good pulled pork
sandwiches. And you can work on your t-shirt collection there.

Tom

Old March 21st, 2007, 03:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Diane F wrote:

Great place in Cozumel for lunch ---

http://www.loscincosoles.com/panchosbackyard/home.htm

Excellent margaritas and good food.

Yes, excellant food and service in Panchosbackyard, it is a must for us
every time we are in Cozumel. Also be sure to have time to shop in
loscincosles, lots of interesting items in the store.

Haven't been to Costa Maya but I hear it isn't very developed so you don't
have many choices -- there is no big town to eat in.

I haven't been to Costa Maya yet either, but from what I have read there
is a nice pool at the pier. It is also a good port to take a ships
excursion to see some of the Mayan Ruins.

sue
Old March 21st, 2007, 09:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K

On 3/20/2007 11:02 PM Tom K wrote:
"romig" wrote in message
news:542330_9ed89af0237465802f6b2dd437fbc784@trave lforumz.com...

We our going on Splendour of the Seas on RCCL and our ports are
Cozumel and Costa Maya Mexico.....do you have any tips on the best
things to do or best places to eat. Thanks for your input

Cozumel has a Hard Rock Cafe... they have really good pulled pork
sandwiches. And you can work on your t-shirt collection there.

Tom

Instead of "Hard Rock" in Coz. I mean after all you can always eat at a
"Hard Rock". If your port time allows it, take a ferry to the main land
to Playa del Carmen. I have yet to find a bad restaurant there except
for the dreadful fast food MacDonald's etc. Some good places come and
go in Playa. If they are still around you can't go wrong with Blue
Lobster, La Parrella, Yaxque or some of the small tapas bars on Avenida
Constituyentes. Playa has a water treatment system better than major
cities in the US. So, yes you can drink the water.

If you want to get delightfully blotto, pay a visit to the tasting party
at the Tequila Barrel. There are some really nice beach clubs with a
minimal fee at the northernmost end of town. I think one also has a
hotel called Las Palapas. The beach club has the same name. The other
is Natz-Ti-Ha.

Another possibility is to book an excursion to the Mayan Ruins of
Tulum. If you are new to cruising, I suggest you go with the ship's
excursion even though it costs more than some available in Cozumel or
Playa del Carmen. Doing your own excursion calls for great negotiating
skills as well as a keen sense of how much time it takes to get from
Cozumel to the mainland, down to Tulum and back. Do that when you get
more experienced. Aside from the Mayan ruins at Tulum, there is an
excellent little beach where you can snorkel at the bottom of the cliffs
of Tulum. It is easily reached via a gradual foot path from the higher
elevation. So, if you do this you may want to wear your swim suits
under your clothes. The archaeological park does not have shower
facilities, but the rest rooms are large enough that you can comfortably
shed your wet swim wear.

--
____
Brian M. Kochera
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Don & Lynn

I'm with you. The food on the ship good and it's already paid for. The more
we save, the more we cruise.
Don

Old March 21st, 2007, 02:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Brian K wrote:

Another possibility is to book an excursion to the Mayan Ruins of
Tulum. If you are new to cruising, I suggest you go with the ship's
excursion even though it costs more than some available in Cozumel or
Playa del Carmen. Doing your own excursion calls for great negotiating
skills as well as a keen sense of how much time it takes to get from
Cozumel to the mainland, down to Tulum and back. Do that when you get
more experienced. Aside from the Mayan ruins at Tulum, there is an
excellent little beach where you can snorkel at the bottom of the cliffs
of Tulum. It is easily reached via a gradual foot path from the higher
elevation.

Brian, we went to Tulum along time ago, maybe mid 90s. I remember seeing
the beach there, but don't think there was enough time to take a swim.
Have the ships excursions changed enough, that there is now time to take
advantage of the beach?

sue - who loved Tulum!!
Old March 21st, 2007, 04:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

Seems hard to believe that after eating 5-6 meals per day on the ship the
first thing some people look for is another place to eat at.

hlink.net...