best site for cheap American flights?

Old April 2nd, 2004, 04:52 AM
wendy

Default best site for cheap American flights?

I am looking at flying from LA to Orlando in September and don't know where
to start looking. I did a google search but there are so many airfair
websites I really don't know which are scams and which ones are good.

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be awesome. Also I
am from Australia so I need a place that WILL sell tickets in International
customers.
wendy

--
--------------------------------------
șoș Going to WDW September '04

Old April 2nd, 2004, 06:21 AM
mtravelkay

wendy wrote:
I am looking at flying from LA to Orlando in September and don't know where
to start looking. I did a google search but there are so many airfair
websites I really don't know which are scams and which ones are good.

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be awesome. Also I
am from Australia so I need a place that WILL sell tickets in International
customers.
wendy

I would recommend you book Jet Blue from Long Beach to Orlando. Nonstop.
Comfortable. Satellite TV. Reasonable fares.

Old April 2nd, 2004, 04:53 PM
cj

wendy wrote:
I am looking at flying from LA to Orlando in September and don't know where
to start looking. I did a google search but there are so many airfair
websites I really don't know which are scams and which ones are good.

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be awesome. Also I
am from Australia so I need a place that WILL sell tickets in International
customers.
wendy

If needed, alternate airlines that are low cost a Southwest and
America West. The other poster stating Jet Blue is exactly
right...excellent service, comfort, and prices. Southwest has excellent
service and prices too, but not as much bang (extra's) for your dollar.

Are you really having problems buying tickets on US airlines? Most of
the airlines use e-tickets, so anyone should be able to buy from them,
at least I thought.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 06:17 PM
James Robinson

mtravelkay wrote:

I would recommend you book Jet Blue from Long Beach to Orlando.
Nonstop. Comfortable. Satellite TV. Reasonable fares.

It's quite a hassle and expensive to transfer between LAX and Long
Beach, so it is not the easiest way to make a connection. There are
also cheaper fares out of LAX on non-stop Delta and American flights to
Orlando, which are both good airlines, so it is not really necessary to
change airports.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
James Robinson

wendy wrote:

I am looking at flying from LA to Orlando in September and don't know where
to start looking. I did a google search but there are so many airfair
websites I really don't know which are scams and which ones are good.

You can start your search by using ITAsoftware's search engine. You
can't buy tickets on their site, but it will give you pretty well all
the schedules, fares, and the airlines that fly on the route. (It's
free, and you don't need to register, simply log in as a "guest".):

http://www.itasoftware.com/

The airlines sometimes offer low web special fares that won't show up on
the above site, but if you book far enough in advance, they shouldn't be
much different in price. Flights serving Orlando tend to be very
competitive, so fares are generally quite low.

The only airline that ITA doesn't cover is Southwest, so you will have
to go to their site specifically to look at their fares and schedules.
They offer one-stop flights between LAX (Los Angeles) and MCO (Orlando).

http://www.southwest.com/

The advantage of Southwest is that they are typically low fare, but not
always, and they allow you to change your flights with minimum charge.
Note that they don't refund tickets, except for the most expensive
ones. They will allow you to apply the price of any unused tickets to a
new ticket, however.

Once you have an idea of what you want, you can go directly to the
individual airline's web site, and make your reservation there. Since
pretty well any reservations are ticketless, you should be able to use
pretty well any credit card to pay the fare, and pick up your boarding
pass in LA.

Otherwise, you can go to the Australian version of Travelocity, and you
should be able to make a reservation there. It should offer the same
fares and schedules:

http://www.zuji.com.au/

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be awesome. Also I
am from Australia so I need a place that WILL sell tickets in International
customers.

Many of the airline sites will accept foreign credit cards and addresses
for travel. If you have a problem, the Zuji site should be an
acceptable alternative.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 08:10 PM
mtravelkay

James Robinson wrote:
mtravelkay wrote:

I would recommend you book Jet Blue from Long Beach to Orlando.
Nonstop. Comfortable. Satellite TV. Reasonable fares.

It's quite a hassle and expensive to transfer between LAX and Long
Beach, so it is not the easiest way to make a connection. There are
also cheaper fares out of LAX on non-stop Delta and American flights to
Orlando, which are both good airlines, so it is not really necessary to
change airports.

I wasn't assuming they were transferring right away or making a
connection. Maybe they want to spend some time in the LA area.
Maybe they will be driving around the area, seeing Disneyland, Queen
Mary. etc.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 12:23 AM
wendy

Wow, thanks for all the great info guys, I should be able to find a good
fare now! :-) Also we aren't doing anything in LA, we are just going
straight from Sydney to LA then on to Orlando for 3 weeks! Can't wait! I
went to LA and Anaheim last year, it was OK, but I am really looking forward
to WDW!
wendy

--
--------------------------------------

Old April 3rd, 2004, 02:07 AM
James Robinson

wendy wrote:

... we aren't doing anything in LA, we are just going
straight from Sydney to LA then on to Orlando for 3 weeks!

I would have thought you could have obtained an inexpensive through fare
from Australia on something like Qantas/American.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 02:59 AM
mtravelkay

wendy wrote:

Wow, thanks for all the great info guys, I should be able to find a good
fare now! :-) Also we aren't doing anything in LA, we are just going
straight from Sydney to LA then on to Orlando for 3 weeks! Can't wait! I
went to LA and Anaheim last year, it was OK, but I am really looking forward
to WDW!

If this is the case, why not book this with the ticket from SYD to LAX?

Old April 3rd, 2004, 04:25 AM
wendy

If this is the case, why not book this with the ticket from SYD to LAX?

Because I have roughly worked out I can probably save around $400getting it
seperately. The quoted prices I have so far from Aussie retailers is around
$2034 each ticket - i need two. So far to do it myself it has worked out at
around $1600 - $1700
wendy

--
șoș Going to WDW September '04