What Are Pax Thinking About?

Old February 5th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

Ernie, those forms we have to fill out. What info on them is critical?

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 21:44:55 -0500, E.k.R. wrote:

Good question. I honestly have no idea. I would think they need your
passport information, home address and phone number. At MSC the only thing
they ever did was swipe your passport. At no time were you required to give
your address or phone number. I found that very interesting.

They would have your info when you bought your ticket. The swiping of the
passport barcode just catches the number.

I figure either MSC is doing something wrong, or as someone else mentioned,
all the other cruise lines are using the Homeland Security Act as an excuse
to gather personal information for marketing purposes.

Yep.

I don't see how MSC
could be exempt from providing the same required information that every
other line must provide, so it makes me think that all these other lines are
collecting more info then they need.

Yep.
Old February 5th, 2005, 10:57 PM
E.k.R.

"Skip Elliott Bowman" wrote in message
news
They're out there--you just have to look for them with more effort; this
being the age of conservative-Christian-religious
paranoria-jingoist-scared of any reference to anything outside the
mainstream-insular-exclusive America.

Well said! It's a sad state we are in if you ask me.

Ernie

Old February 5th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

Where are the Warhols, the Zappas, the Peter Max'? Where are the Wagners,
the new Doonesburies, the Monte Pythons?

What happened to outside-the-box, to Tennesse Williams, to ee cummings?
John Lennons, Liberace and Roger Moog?

They're out there--you just have to look for them with more effort; this
being the age of conservative-Christian-religious paranoria-jingoist-scared
of any reference to anything outside the mainstream-insular-exclusive
America.

The search has become the issue.
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:57:08 -0500, E.k.R. wrote:

It's a sad state we are in if you ask me.

Ernie

I don't believe we have even come close to bottoming out yet.
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:09 AM
E.k.R.

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
.. .

I don't believe we have even come close to bottoming out yet.

That is a scary thought. Did you see who has filed to run for Lt. Governor
of Georgia? Ralph Reed, former Christian Coalition director and President
Bush's southeast regional chairman in 2004.

Oh joy, more fun ahead.

Ernie